Deleted User 89

Re: Another Stimulus Check?

Post by Deleted User 89 »

you forgot the smoking weed part
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:03 pm and by that same logic, if we keep giving rich people money, what if they stop working and just play Xbox with mich all day?
Ask a serious question, get an obtuse response.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That was a serious question, with a serious application of your same logic.

Are you not concerned that rich people freeload off your hard-earned tax dollars?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:42 pm That was a serious question, with a serious response applying your same logic.

Are you not concerned that rich people freeload off your hard-earned tax dollars?
Of course. If someone were to come up with a sensible way of stopping it, I would support it fully. Unfortunately, the only solutions I have seen offered would wind up creating staggering levels of unemployment and economic misery. I'd rather let the rich guy get his freebies and still have my job. But that's just me.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

The world is a better place when the super rich and wealthy get more and the $60,000 per year family of four with the parents paying $300 per week in child care with no health benefits stay the same.

It creates incentive.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Did you mean to say invective?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 89

guess this could go here

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-econom ... 1622642152

... New businesses are popping up at the fastest pace on record. The rate at which workers quit their jobs—a proxy for confidence in the labor market—matches the highest going back at least to 2000. American household debt-service burdens, as a share of after-tax income, are near their lowest levels since 1980, when records began. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is up nearly 18% from its pre-pandemic peak in February 2020. Home prices nationwide are nearly 14% higher since that time...
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Prolly should go in one of lobbie's threads.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Early on during the pandemic people were saying that our economy would never recover, or that it would be slow. I said that if a vaccine is developed and administered it would be fast and strong, and maybe better than before because we removed some of the dead weight. Like a strong storm knocking down old dead branches and then the new growth replacing it.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:05 pm Prolly should go in one of lobbie's threads.
i’m not bumping one of his threads if i don’t have to
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I wonder what the debt situation is like for individuals. That's the scary thing that crushed us in 08 - there's always a lot of money that is accounted for that hasn't been paid yet. Some black swan comes along to default a bunch of people and you get a death spiral.

I don't know. I'm not an economist. This just feels ... Unstable.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Because it is.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:01 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:49 am And phd, why do you think Dan Price is an idiot? How many idiots are also successful businessmen? You don’t hear that often in the same sentence
A lot of idiots are successful businessmen, maybe most, you ever hear of mypillow? Smart people convince themselves that no one will buy a pet rock and then don't do it.

As for Dan, he is just like so many who are out there making themselves happy with little tweets that are cute. But he ignores long term effects, or ignores the big picture. It's just cute rhetoric that appeals to people who say the same thing.

He also beat his ex-wife, people who do that are idiots.
He also apparently was using his social media persona just to lure women: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/18/tech ... media.html