Aunt Jemima

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Aunt Jemima

Post by dolomite »

A great woman erased from history by idiots.
The branding of the syrup was a tribute to this woman’s gifts and talents. Now future generations will not even know this beautiful woman existed. What a shame. The world knew her as “Aunt Jemima”, but her given name was Nancy Green and she was a true American success story. She was born a slave in 1834 Montgomery County, KY. and became a wealthy superstar in the advertising world, as its first living trademark. Green was 56-yrs old when she was selected as spokesperson for a new ready-mixed, self-rising pancake flour and made her debut in 1893 at a fair and exposition in Chicago. She demonstrated the pancake mix and served thousands of pancakes, and became an immediate star. She was a good storyteller, her personality was warm and appealing, and her showmanship was exceptional. Her exhibition booth drew so many people that special security personnel were assigned to keep the crowds moving. Nancy Green was signed to a lifetime contract, traveled on promotional tours all over the country, and was extremely well paid. Her financial freedom and stature as a national spokesperson enabled her to become a leading advocate against poverty and in favor of equal rights for all Americans. She maintained her job until her death in 1923, at age 89. This was a remarkable woman, and sadly she has been ERASED by politics. I wanted you to know and remind you in this cancel culture time period.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Cascadia

Re: Aunt Jemima

Post by Cascadia »

You’re an idiot, congrats
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

With some respect I ask you, How/why do you feel a woman is "erased from history by idiots" because her name and image is no longer on a box of pancake mix or on a syrup bottle?
I think you should probably be blaming the American educational system (and/or those who home school children) more than those who removed her from boxes and bottles if you feel she will be "erased from history". Politics and "cancel culture" didn't "erase her from history".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Yeah, but she couldn’t stay employed forever

https://youtu.be/PFLuGVOWlkc
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:23 pm A great woman erased from history by idiots.
The branding of the syrup was a tribute to this woman’s gifts and talents. Now future generations will not even know this beautiful woman existed. What a shame. The world knew her as “Aunt Jemima”, but her given name was Nancy Green and she was a true American success story. She was born a slave in 1834 Montgomery County, KY. and became a wealthy superstar in the advertising world, as its first living trademark. Green was 56-yrs old when she was selected as spokesperson for a new ready-mixed, self-rising pancake flour and made her debut in 1893 at a fair and exposition in Chicago. She demonstrated the pancake mix and served thousands of pancakes, and became an immediate star. She was a good storyteller, her personality was warm and appealing, and her showmanship was exceptional. Her exhibition booth drew so many people that special security personnel were assigned to keep the crowds moving. Nancy Green was signed to a lifetime contract, traveled on promotional tours all over the country, and was extremely well paid. Her financial freedom and stature as a national spokesperson enabled her to become a leading advocate against poverty and in favor of equal rights for all Americans. She maintained her job until her death in 1923, at age 89. This was a remarkable woman, and sadly she has been ERASED by politics. I wanted you to know and remind you in this cancel culture time period.
At least credit your sources when you copy and paste stuff.

https://twitter.com/colt_45_outlaw/stat ... 0755716099

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/aunt- ... g-company/

Idiot.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:32 pm With some respect I ask you, How/why do you feel a woman is "erased from history by idiots" because her name and image is no longer on a box of pancake mix or on a syrup bottle?
I think you should probably be blaming the American educational system (and/or those who home school children) more than those who removed her from boxes and bottles if you feel she will be "erased from history". Politics and "cancel culture" didn't "erase her from history".
He doesn't think anything. He most likely just copied and pasted it from his Facebook feed.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i don't apply much syrup in my life. i might have syrup 2-3 times per calendar year. so almost impossible for me to get much of a lather going over syrup people.

i do use honey on a daily basis. so if they start phucqueing with the honey people i'm gonna have to engage.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

you lather up with honey? I think you're doing it wrong......or right....I dunno
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1st they came for the Aunt Jamima, but I only used honey so I didn't say anything...
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:06 am i don't apply much syrup in my life. i might have syrup 2-3 times per calendar year. so almost impossible for me to get much of a lather going over syrup people.

i do use honey on a daily basis. so if they start phucqueing with the honey people i'm gonna have to engage.
I think you're safe. As far as Nate's goes.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.