What happened to the immigration thread?

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: What happened to the immigration thread?

Post by twocoach »

Better to live in a country that other people want to come to than not. Anyone want to move to Honduras?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Honduras, outside of the political issues, is gorgeous…same could be said for many, if not most, central and south american countries

it isn’t the country that is the problem, it’s the people running it (not unlike texas or florida…or utah)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Are you kidding me? This man takes pride in being a Christian and then pulls this stunt.
100% cool with me for him to rip on Kamala. I feel she deserves criticism.
100% NOT cool of him to play games with people's life/lives.

https://www.newsweek.com/buses-migrants ... tt-1743247
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:18 pm Are you kidding me? This man takes pride in being a Christian and then pulls this stunt.

it’s fucking shameful
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:44 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:18 pm Are you kidding me? This man takes pride in being a Christian and then pulls this stunt.

it’s fucking shameful
Are they being forced to go?

Do they have a choice?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:32 am Honduras, outside of the political issues, is gorgeous…same could be said for many, if not most, central and south american countries

it isn’t the country that is the problem, it’s the people running it (not unlike texas or florida…or utah)
It ain't all sunshine and rainbows out there in the world.

And, did you seriously just compare Florida and Texas to South American countries?

LOL

I am sure we could find someone to send you there if you promise to stay.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfc

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... 94561.html
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if you were an illegal immigrant in this country illegally, where better than marthas vineyard to be placed. it's fantastic.

i wish my government would assign me to live free in marthas vineyard. where do i sign up.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Well, I suppose it's better than taking their kids away, putting them in dog cages, deporting the parents and then destroying all documentation. So, a step in the right direction?
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:43 am if you were an illegal immigrant in this country illegally, where better than marthas vineyard to be placed. it's fantastic.

i wish my government would assign me to live free in marthas vineyard. where do i sign up.
Where your address is a parking lot and winter coming? I'd chip in for your ticket.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m curious about these illegal immigrants that are here legally…
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

lets just admit it. being assigned marthas vineyard is a pretty good gig. sure beats toledo.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i don’t know why they didn’t traffic them to michigan…from what i hear, there’s plenty of clean water and open spaces there
Last edited by KUTradition on Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

and really great people. don't forget the really great people.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:14 pm and really great people. don't forget the really great people.
I can vouch for this.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ProudBoy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:30 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:14 pm and really great people. don't forget the really great people.
I can vouch for this.
Perfect
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:55 pm

it’s fucking shameful

Do they have a choice?
They are being lied to.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/15/11231097 ... s-vineyard

"NPR was able to interview three of the migrants late Wednesday. "They (the migrants) told us they had recently crossed the border in Texas and were staying at a shelter in San Antonio," NPR's Joel Rose said on Morning Edition.

The migrants said a woman they identified as "Perla" approached them outside the shelter and lured them into boarding the plane, saying they would be flown to Boston where they could get expedited work papers. She provided them with food. The migrants said Perla was still trying to recruit more passengers just hours before their flight.

Andres Duarte, a 30-year-old Venezuelan, said he had recently crossed the border into Texas and eventually went to a shelter in San Antonio.

"She (Perla) offered us help. Help that never arrived," Andres said. "Now we are here. We got on the plane with a vision of the future, of making it." He went on to explain why he boarded the plane with so little information in hand. "Look, when you have no money and someone offers help, well, it means a lot."

I personally don't understand why that doesn't constitute kidnapping as these people are being taken under false pretenses.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:50 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:55 pm
it’s fucking shameful

Do they have a choice?
They are being lied to.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/15/11231097 ... s-vineyard

"NPR was able to interview three of the migrants late Wednesday. "They (the migrants) told us they had recently crossed the border in Texas and were staying at a shelter in San Antonio," NPR's Joel Rose said on Morning Edition.

The migrants said a woman they identified as "Perla" approached them outside the shelter and lured them into boarding the plane, saying they would be flown to Boston where they could get expedited work papers. She provided them with food. The migrants said Perla was still trying to recruit more passengers just hours before their flight.

Andres Duarte, a 30-year-old Venezuelan, said he had recently crossed the border into Texas and eventually went to a shelter in San Antonio.

"She (Perla) offered us help. Help that never arrived," Andres said. "Now we are here. We got on the plane with a vision of the future, of making it." He went on to explain why he boarded the plane with so little information in hand. "Look, when you have no money and someone offers help, well, it means a lot."

I personally don't understand why that doesn't constitute kidnapping as these people are being taken under false pretenses.
"Sending people north to make a point has happened before: the Reverse Freedom Rides"

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/10/78679063 ... edom-rides
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas- ... e7fc321a81#

"Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar, a Democrat, said he was opening up a criminal investigation over migrants who were "lured" from the Migrant Resource Center under "false pretenses" and flown to Florida, where they were ultimately left to fend for themselves in Martha’s Vineyard, he said in a video message to announce the probe.

"Here we have 48 people that are already on hard times. They are here legally in our country at that point," he said. "I believe that they were preyed upon. Somebody came from out of state, preyed upon these people, lured them with promises of a better life, which is absolutely what they were looking for.""