Kansas Football 2022 Season

Kansas Football.
shindig

Re: Kansas Football 2022 Season

Post by shindig »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:19 am
jhawks99 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:03 am Is there any parking close to 11th and Mississipi?
other than the garage connected to the Union it’s mainly street-side with a few lots directly around the stadium
That’s what makes the game day experience unique. But I could envision a large parking garage built close to the stadium on one of the lots with retail, bars and restaurants on ground level.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

This project is also a major step in keeping Leipold.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

shindig wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:27 am
jhawks99 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:03 am Is there any parking close to 11th and Mississipi?
other than the garage connected to the Union it’s mainly street-side with a few lots directly around the stadium
That’s what makes the game day experience unique. But I could envision a large parking garage built close to the stadium on one of the lots with retail, bars and restaurants on ground level.
imo, since space is at a premium, parking expansion should go subterranean if possible
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

expand lots 91, 94 and 97 downward

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:02 am Seems like KU is putting this out now to capitalize on the buzz of the 5-0 start and ESPN being in town. Details will likely be scarce still for a little while and I'm sure visuals aren't ready yet. Goff likely just accelerated his timeline to make this public as a way to generate even more momentum.
I think this is true and also as a way to show Lance and staff that they are listening and taking action on the requests of the coaching staff. Showing that it isn't all talk.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:01 am Here's what HNTB came up with several years back. I expect a lot of differences from this. Still a good wait until we see renderings.

https://www.hntb.com/projects/universit ... ster-plan/
I think this stadium design is still the best design possible for KU. It was rolled out shittely a few years back. But I imagine new design will be close to this.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
shindig

Post by shindig »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:33 am
shindig wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:27 am
imo, since space is at a premium, parking expansion should go subterranean if possible
I agree, but that adds a much bigger cost. An underground parking garage with green space and vendors on top would be fantastic. I’ll txt Goff right now!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:25 am Not as exciting as the stadium announcement obviously, but Douglas County DA has dropped the case against Trevor Wilson so his suspension is likely coming to an end sooner than later.

https://twitter.com/JordanGuskey/status ... 6912984064
Someone, maybe Bryson Stricker (I know), said that there is a chance that Wilson is back potentially next week. Mentioned that a week or so ago.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

Buy up some of the houses/apartments north of the stadium and add a parking garage there. Keep all the open park lots. We need to have single level parking for tailgating. They don't allow grills and such in the parking garages.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:42 am
UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:25 am Not as exciting as the stadium announcement obviously, but Douglas County DA has dropped the case against Trevor Wilson so his suspension is likely coming to an end sooner than later.

https://twitter.com/JordanGuskey/status ... 6912984064
Someone, maybe Bryson Stricker (I know), said that there is a chance that Wilson is back potentially next week. Mentioned that a week or so ago.
Yeah I heard that from Stricker as well that internally they expected it to be a 6-game suspension but never said it publicly so as to not set that expectation.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Suspended half a season for something where you probably acted like a jackass but ultimately weren't charged seems fair.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

nu_bronco wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:45 am Buy up some of the houses/apartments north of the stadium and add a parking garage there. Keep all the open park lots. We need to have single level parking for tailgating. They don't allow grills and such in the parking garages.
i see your point, but 1) there doesn’t seem to be enough surface space available, and 2) not everyone tailgates
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:41 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:01 am Here's what HNTB came up with several years back. I expect a lot of differences from this. Still a good wait until we see renderings.

https://www.hntb.com/projects/universit ... ster-plan/
I think this stadium design is still the best design possible for KU. It was rolled out shittely a few years back. But I imagine new design will be close to this.
If I can do a complete redo, i'm moving the video bored to the opposite side, the North side.
Then, to throwback and respect the history, i'm keeping sight lines to and from the hill.
Maybe it'll stop a few hundred people from buying tickets but it'll be worth it from a unique to KU experience/PR experience and a visual boost for people who are there and for people watching on TV.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Did anyone else see Pat McAfee rocking the Jayhawk hoodie today?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

my first post in this thread.

just bumping to say, I'm totally invested in this team and this season here on out.

Holy shit! Wasn't expecting to say that.

Cuz, these guys compete. Short of maybe some elite opponent, they look like they can hang in there with anyone. I expect at least a couple more opportunities to win, and...holy shit...a bowl game?!

We were in it right til the end today with what appears to be one of the better teams in the conference, despite playing far from our A-game, and loosing our starting QB too.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Still ranked 19. Good for the voters that validated a good Kansas team losing a game they could have won against a good TCU team.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

A little surprised we stayed at 19. I thought we’d stay in the Top 25 but figured we’d drop to the 22-25 range.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Fuck….
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ugh