Kansas (+2) vs. Duke

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Kansas (+2) vs. Duke

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

To quote the great CrimsonNBlue: "Few things in life are worse than losing to duke."

A win would tie us with them for best record at Champions Classic.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Kansas (+2) vs. Duke

Post by pdub »

Won't start til probably 9:55 ET.
This might fall into DVR watch tomorrow territory.
digitalkookie

Post by digitalkookie »

Bad fan
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Definitely.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dook is 2-0, with big wins against Jacksonville and South Carolina Upstate.

(at what point is "South Carolina Upstate" just North Carolina? nm)

Their leading scorer so far is Mark Mitchell, a 6'8" freshman from KCK putting up 15.5ppg. Here he is last year on the floor with his Sunrise Christian teammate:

Their most experienced players are Jeremy Roach, a junior guard averaging 13 and 6 assists; and Ryan "Roiboi" Young, a 7 foot senior center averaging 11.5 and 7.5.

Here's Roach matched up against some wook that Wake Forest recruited from Phish tour...

Here's roiboi...no ink...kinda doughy...already has the salt-and-pepper hair of a 45year old...looks like a good keed!

Imagew=1000
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Don't forget new head coach Jon Scheyer, seen here with his dad last season.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

they have three over 7+ footers on their roster. (How does Dook have four 7 footers but KU hasn't had a single one in like 3 years?)

Jon Scheyer is their coach, in his first year, after no one anyone has ever heard of finally retired last year.

Also if I go full know yer pho, should I do Durham, or Indy?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lol, CnB beat me to it.

I was looking for that dook flop gif thinking it was Scheyer, but I think that was some other similarly despicable Dookie Greggg Paulus.

Anywho here's Scheyer from his playing days:

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

OK since the game is in indy let's go there, and try What The Pho:

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/101 ... QBegQIARAD

Rebecca Miley's take:

"The outside looks a bit run down, a bit of a hole in the wall. The inside, you could see they had renovated. But, today, the outside temperature was in the 20-30's, and they had not turned their heat on in the restaurant. The manager came to us with his puffer coat on. It was so cold in the restaurant. He was quite rude. The menu was not clear, and when asked about the menu, he got defensive and said it's cheaper then dinner menu, when price wasn't even what I was even asking about. I wanted to understand what was in the food or came with the entree, and he acted as if I was asking for price and treated me as stupid. Final straw came when I saw 1 of 2 people that was using ladels, so I assume part of fixing the food, wipe his nose with the back of his bare hand and go back to using said ladel. At that point, we left. Egg Roll 1 in Beech Grove does a much better job."

What the pho, indeed.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’d treat her “as stupid” too based on her post
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:46 am i’d treat her “as stupid”
We have no doubt you would
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

always the victim
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

illy just hasn't been the same ever since that manager approached him in that puffer coat
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:15 pm illy just hasn't been the same ever since that manager approached him in that puffer coat
and now he’s referencing the voices in his head
Deleted User 863

Moving on...

I think we need a big night from Udeh. 20min+ on the court.

I sort of think Jalen is going to struggle. At times he struggles to score inside against length. Maybe his improved outside shooting can offset the impact their size will have on him.

Gradey has to be ready for the big stage. We will learn a lot about him tonight. We need his 15+ points.

Can Dajuan and Bobby score enough from the PG position? We need their combined 15-20 points.

Can KJ play 20min at the 5 against size like this and not get abused down low? I have my doubts.

Will we get to see Clemence or Zuby?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:41 pmCan KJ play 20min at the 5 against size like this and not get abused down low? I have my doubts.

Defensively, KJ and Jalen were holding up better against NDSU's big guys than Udeh and Zuby were. Makes me think we will stick with the smaller lineup and see if we can't dictate pace.

We will not see Clemence as he suffered a pretty significant nose injury when he got jacked in the face (that should have been reviewed).
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

dang

didn't Clemence get jacked in the face last year too?

and yea, let's dictate pace...come out running and get their bigs on roller skates.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:49 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:41 pmCan KJ play 20min at the 5 against size like this and not get abused down low? I have my doubts.

Defensively, KJ and Jalen were holding up better against NDSU's big guys than Udeh and Zuby were.
I thought Jalen did okay defensively against them.

I didn't think KJ did any better than Udeh did, personally I thought Udeh was making more of an impact defensively. Which is subjective, i know.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:54 pm dang

didn't Clemence get jacked in the face last year too?

and yea, let's dictate pace...come out running and get their bigs on roller skates.
If Lively starts, we need to press and run.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Also reported that MJ Rice did not make the trip because of illness.