Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by MICHHAWK »

i'm not concerned about a ww3 coming from this.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Would you be if it turned out to indeed be a Russian missile fired into Poland as initially reported, rather than the ol’ bait-and-switch propaganda?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

If Russia wasn't sending waves of missiles into a sovereign nation...would Ukraine still be firing Anti-aircraft and missile interception projectiles?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:44 am Would you be if it turned out to indeed be a Russian missile fired into Poland as initially reported, rather than the ol’ bait-and-switch propaganda?
um...yes? There then would be the possibility of Article V being invoked.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:44 am Would you be if it turned out to indeed be a Russian missile fired into Poland as initially reported, rather than the ol’ bait-and-switch propaganda?
if you feel like you got the bait-and-switch treatment, maybe you should be evaluating your sources (sound familiar?)

nearly all of the coverage i read deliberately hesitated to blame russia. in fact, DailyMail is the only one i can recall that actually said it was russian missiles…and even that story reneged on the claim (made in the headline) in the body of the text
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh, I evaluate my sources. Like I've maintained all along, I'm skeptical of everything in this thread.

FWIW, it was Zelensky himself who claimed it was a Russian missile fired into Poland....

(...apparently. I dunno, I don't speak Ukrainian)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26lKZTgSUM4

and, just reading the tweeter tea leaves (awful, I know), but the popular sentiment seemed to quickly go from "definitely Russia who did it" to "even if Ukraine did it it's still Russia's fault"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:48 am
so why wouldn't or shouldn't it be invoked here?

How much benefit of the doubt do we keep affording Ukraine?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:12 pm Oh, I evaluate my sources. Like I've maintained all along, I'm skeptical of everything in this thread.

FWIW, it was Zelensky himself who claimed it was a Russian missile fired into Poland....

(...apparently. I dunno, I don't speak Ukrainian)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26lKZTgSUM4

and, just reading the tweeter tea leaves (awful, I know), but the popular sentiment seemed to quickly go from "definitely Russia who did it" to "even if Ukraine did it it's still Russia's fault"
i never read Z’s statement

i also didn’t get that as the “popular sentiment”, but whatever
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:13 pm

do you even know what Article V is?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

most everything wrong in this world is russias fault.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TDub wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:46 am If Russia wasn't sending waves of missiles into a sovereign nation...would Ukraine still be firing Anti-aircraft and missile interception projectiles?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:46 am If Russia wasn't sending waves of missiles into a sovereign nation...would Ukraine still be firing Anti-aircraft and missile interception projectiles?
yes?

if you'd sincerely like to "determine exactly what the rockets were and who's they were and how it happened prior" and you sincerely "hope they review and have 100% confirmation on where the rocketa came from," then realize Ukrainians were bombing other Ukrainians for years before Russia invaded. Realize there's little oversight of Ukraine's forces, and we really don't know what's ultimately becoming of all these guns and missiles and such gifted by you and me. Realize Ukraine has been a notorious humanitarian crisis for a while now.

Again, NOT THAT THAT JUSTIFIES THE RUSSIAN INVASION!!!!!

and again again, the thing is, I'm just not sure that justifies blindly flooding Ukraine with weapons for years, either. But I know that's just not a popular detail to consider. It's so much easier to just give Ukraine the benefit of the doubt.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:15 pm most everything wrong in this world is russias fault.
lol, here's your popular sentiment, trad.

9 out of 10 mall patrons agree!
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it's our duty as Americans to hate russia.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:20 pm
yes?

if you'd sincerely like to "determine exactly what the rockets were and who's they were and how it happened prior" and you sincerely "hope they review and have 100% confirmation on where the rocketa came from," then realize Ukrainians were bombing other Ukrainians for years before Russia invaded. Realize there's little oversight of Ukraine's forces, and we really don't know what's ultimately becoming of all these guns and missiles and such gifted by you and me. Realize Ukraine has been a notorious humanitarian crisis for a while now.

and again again, the thing is, I'm just not sure that justifies blindly flooding Ukraine with weapons for years, either. But I know that's just not a popular detail to consider. It's so much easier to just give Ukraine the benefit of the doubt.
Wait wait....just so I got this straight.

If Russia wasn't attacking Ukraine and sending in waves of missiles and aircraft.....

Ukraine would still be send up missile interceptors and anti-aircraft defense missiles?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:14 pm

do you even know what Article V is?
"Article 5 provides that if a NATO Ally is the victim of an armed attack, each and every other member of the Alliance will consider this act of violence as an armed attack against all members and will take the actions it deems necessary to assist the Ally attacked."

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_110496.htm

sooo what's the error range on Ukrainian missiles?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

almost every movie. television show. the bad guys are almost always russians.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:20 pm
yes?

Also, just for the sake of clarity.

Lets pretend that Ukraine has been bombing Russia before the war started.

How do you think the missiles still wouldve ended up in Poland.

You DO realize Poland doesn't border Russia right? So Ukraine wouldve has to miss Russia by about 90 degrees to hit Poland.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Pot commited. you cant turn back. So instead you pour more crazy onto the pile.
Just Ledoux it
digitalkookie

Post by digitalkookie »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:24 pm almost every movie. television show. the bad guys are almost always russians.
Quoting this for posterity...