Kansas vs indiana (official gamethread)

Kansas Basketball.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Kansas vs indiana (official gamethread)

Post by jhawks99 »

^^^^^^

Indiana is supposed to be good, right? They weren't yesterday. And I credit our defense.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:13 am
He is fun to watch for anyone who watches the game and understands anything besides scoring.
This.

Even Self has mentioned we are a lot better than he expected.

And that's with getting NOTHING out of Rice and Udeh.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Maybe the best thing about yesterday, to me, was that we played a team that wanted to do the opposite of what we wanted to do. Yet, we completely dictated pace and flow.

Jackson-Davis looks NBA ready, but not sure if it was him or the staff or both, but he did not get aggressive until the 2nd half yesterday. Surely he’s seen double teams before.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

And, yes, empty GA bleachers, especially before tip, has always been a thing.

Companies always buy up any remaining GA to help keep the sellout streak going and then try to disburse to employees, so it’s going to happen. Winter break may have played a role, but the student section seemed to be about what you’d expect in size and noise.

Yesterday, I imagine a lot of IU fans did not fill the GA tickets they bought. Pretty good showing by their fans, by the way. They seemed to really enjoy the experience and Lawrence minus the ass kicking.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:50 am Surely he’s seen double teams before.
Surely. But maybe not by 2 guys with the versatility of KJ and KM.

Also, we had an entire week to prepare for him and it showed. Give Self that much time and it's very likely we will force you to beat us with your 2nd or 3rd option.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:13 am man that was a fun game. The ball moves so well, this team passes very well. KJ is undersized but our rotations and on ball D are coming together nicely for mid December. Dajuans bounce pass to Bobby on the break was vintage Magic vision. Dajuan is in total control with his vision, he sees 3 plays ahead. He is fun to watch for anyone who watches the game and understands anything besides scoring. Team is playing above my expectations for this point in the season. That may be an overreaction to a good game....but...for today thats true.
Totally agree. This is the most satisfied I have been watching BB n a LONG time. Pdub missing the classics right now.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

So dajuan is magic Johnson now? Lol
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:09 pm So dajuan is magic Johnson now? Lol
No. John Stockton.

😉
LosCondorAzule
Contributor

Post by LosCondorAzule »

:D
Sparko wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:13 am
TDub wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:13 am man that was a fun game. The ball moves so well, this team passes very well. KJ is undersized but our rotations and on ball D are coming together nicely for mid December. Dajuans bounce pass to Bobby on the break was vintage Magic vision. Dajuan is in total control with his vision, he sees 3 plays ahead. He is fun to watch for anyone who watches the game and understands anything besides scoring. Team is playing above my expectations for this point in the season. That may be an overreaction to a good game....but...for today thats true.
Totally agree. This is the most satisfied I have been watching a KUBB n a LONG time. Pdub missing the classics right now.
Had circled this game on my calendar since the day it was announced. I knew IU was experienced & their front court was bigger than ours but was more intrigued of how the Hawks would defend these guys..absolutely blown away of how quick KU’s help/switching and doubling teaming D was
Offensively was amazed how much team ball these guys played vs hero ball.. Best game in overall dominance I’ve seen a KU team play in a long time. Especially (for me, I live in Bloomington) against this team.. I ve been waiting for payback since the fall of 2016..
so ever tasty when severed cold.
Deleted User 863

I do worry about the drop off defensively when we bring bench guys in. Thankfully this team doesn't seem to get into a bunch of foul trouble.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

randylahey wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:09 pm So dajuan is magic Johnson now? Lol
that's what you took from that huh?

either

1. you just wanna argue for arguments sake

2. You dont want admit your analysis sucks...like...Q level....and Juan is good...and Yes is...not.

Or....

3. You're fucking dumb.

Its got to be 1 of those 3.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Or 4, all of the above.
Defense. Rebounds.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Or im just being realistic. Somebody literally compared him to magic lol.

Dajuan is playing great basketball. Love watching how he plays. Old school true point guard

I havent really been on the yesefu train as much lately, yall always bring him up now. Still love his athletic ability, still think he can help us some. But dajuan has improved sooooo much. Kevin mccullar is a really good well rounded player. Yesefu playing a few minutes a game off the bench is the right role for him on this team
Last edited by randylahey on Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Pettiford is the better back up point than yes. Yes is more explosive and gives us more shooting, pettiford plays smarter more sound basketball. Pettiford is quick too tho, and make smarter decisions when getting into the lane. Yesefu still ain't that comfortable shooting and is streaky.

I still hate that Pettiford cannot and will not shoot, but I guess that is better than him missing shots. I want pettiford to play the 10 or so minutes that dajuan is out, but that is it. With him and dajuan together.. it does give us good offensive movement and ball handling but we sacrifice too much shooting and I just don't like them out there together, that's when I would rather see yes out there at the 2
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But neither pettiford nor yes should be playing more than 10ish minutes. 1-4 we are really really good. Dajuan, mccular, grady, and Wilson... I dont know if there is a team out there that is better than us 1-4
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

randylahey wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:47 pm Or im just being realistic. Somebody literally compared him to magic lol.

Dajuan is playing great basketball. Love watching how he plays. Old school true point guard

I havent really been on the yesefu train as much lately, yall always bring him up now. Still love his athletic ability, still think he can help us some. But dajuan has improved sooooo much. Kevin mccullar is a really good well rounded player. Yesefu playing a few minutes a game off the bench is the right role for him on this team
you have a difficult time with reading comprehension.

what I said was (re: the no look bounce pass through the D to a streaking Bobby) was "that was vintage Magic vision".

That statement in no way, shape or form = Dajuan is Magic.

More that we've seen that exact pass from Magic 1000 times. Assuming you're old enough to have watched him.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Calm down snowflake. It was a good pass. I just thought it was funny how high people were on dajuan in the 2nd half. First half he had 2 fouls and was passing up open layups getting too cute with the passes
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

so you being unable to read makes me a snowflake? lol ok.
Just Ledoux it
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

Totally agree. This is the most satisfied I have been watching BB n a LONG time. Pdub missing the classics right now.
long time, as in since last April? that's not that long...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

hoopla wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:46 am
long time, as in since last April? that's not that long...
They were good. But they never looked as complete as the Jayhawks have looked on the road at Missouri or at home against Indiana. They have jelled in a way I haven't seen since some of Roy's 90s teams. Which again highlights that championships are about favorable match-ups at the right time and Kansas basketball transcends such measures.