Conspiracies

Coffee talk.
hasbeen

Re: Conspiracies

Post by hasbeen »

Yeah, it'll pick up. I'm less engaged with the back and forth since we just won the national championship, but will be back in there mixing it up when the Chiefs break my heart next month.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

I see Hassy didn't really check my posting history. I've posted many times on the basketball bored. It's just not going to get really exciting until January and Feb.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Immigration (legal or illegal)

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:27 pm
zsn wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:28 pm Whatever you spout will just be bigotry until you have the Officers of EVERY meat-packing company behind bars. Then you can have a serious discussion on this matter
Yikes.

Look at zsn going full anti-Chinese...
No. Every time an unauthorized worker is hired there’s someone doing the hiring, which is also illegal, with its own penalties. Why do the randys of the world only want to punish only one of the two who perpetrate an illegal act? Is it because the employer is usually white and the employee not? Meat packers are a known violators of immigration law.

Where does China enter into this?!?!?! I’m unaware if the Officers of Tyson, Hormel or Perdue are Chinese.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

This is amazing. Leana Wen was stating a year ago that unvaccinated people should not be allowed freedoms. Now she's saying this:

“…those who were vaccinated but never had covid were four times as likely to have severe illness resulting in hospitalization or death compared to the unvaccinated who recovered from it. Protection from natural immunity also wanes at a slower rate than from vaccination.” - Washington Post

Wow. I did not think she could be intellectual honest. I was proven wrong.

https://twitter.com/redvoicenews/status ... 9803%2Fpg1
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

StayCurious wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:51 pm This is amazing. Leana Wen was stating a year ago that unvaccinated people should not be allowed freedoms. Now she's saying this:

“…those who were vaccinated but never had covid were four times as likely to have severe illness resulting in hospitalization or death compared to the unvaccinated who recovered from it. Protection from natural immunity also wanes at a slower rate than from vaccination.” - Washington Post

WOW
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

hasbeen wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:56 pm
StayCurious wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:51 pm This is amazing. Leana Wen was stating a year ago that unvaccinated people should not be allowed freedoms. Now she's saying this:

WOW
Tucker Carlson in a nutshell....

Begins this by saying.....
This is a man.... "Who smiles when he's mad" and then proceeds to repeatedly laugh in his psychotic Joker (Batman) like manner while ranting.

Then praises someone and puts her on a pedestal when she says something he agrees with but slams the same person and ridicules her intelligence when she says and/or does something he disagrees with.

FWIW, from the Lancet Study.......

"Our results showed that there were benefits of the first vaccine booster dose, indicated by the reduced rate of severe COVID-19 outcomes after booster doses, changing from 8·8 events per 1000 person-years (59 510 total events) to 7·6 events per 1000 person-years (26 100 total events)"

"Although this study, alongside others found that previous SARS-CoV-2 infection was associated with a reduced risk of severe COVID-19, there is a caveat that infection with different variants might not confer the same degree of protection, and the population-scale roll-out of booster vaccines has precluded assessment of previous immunity owing to logistical challenges, which suggests that boosting remains appropriate among individuals with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection for the time being".

"Our data suggested a lower rate of severe COVID-19 outcomes in people who received mRNA-1273 compared with those who received BNT162b2. Our study was not designed to investigate the comparative effectiveness of different boosters, so any apparent differences need to be interpreted with care. Emerging evidence suggests that mRNA-1273 boosters might produce a stronger immune response, leading to lower rates of symptomatic infection and severe COVID-19 outcomes than BNT1261b2.32".

"In summary, this UK-wide, population-based analysis has found that individuals who received their first booster vaccination were at reduced risk of COVID-19-related hospitalisation or death compared with those who had only completed their primary vaccination schedule. Older age, those with a higher number of comorbid conditions, and those with a range of specific underlying conditions were, however, found to be at increased risk of severe COVID-19 outcomes and might particularly benefit from additional, preferentially novel, COVID-19 boosters, pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID-19 therapeutics".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

They won't listen to anything tucker has to say. He's on the other team
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I've posted many things and their approach has been to try to discredit the person who said it. Instead of just thinking about what they said
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:57 am They won't listen to anything tucker has to say. He's on the other team
Who is "they"? I listen to things he says. Reluctantly. Then conclude the man is the epitome of the words entitled asshole.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:59 am I've posted many things and their approach has been to try to discredit the person who said it. Instead of just thinking about what they said
Project much?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Tucker Carlson can be nauseating at times. Im not a fan of his personality or presentation at times. But he will speak up about some issues where other people won't.
He just sounds frustrated. Its like he is trying to navigate a political world of corruption and deceit with logic and reasoning
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

color me shocked that randy would defend a racist homophobe

par for the course
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:55 am color me shocked that randy would defend a racist homophobe

par for the course
Hes not a racist or homophobe tho. That's just spewing liberal propaganda. Its ok for people to say stuff about minorities or lgbtq without it meaning they are a racist or homophobe.

Unless you have actual evidence of this?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

google is your friend
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:10 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:55 am color me shocked that randy would defend a racist homophobe

par for the course
Hes not a racist or homophobe tho. That's just spewing liberal propaganda. Its ok for people to say stuff about minorities or lgbtq without it meaning they are a racist or homophobe.

This is likely far longer than you'll read but just in case. I don't know if Carlson himself is racist but his show certainly is. Carlson seems like someone who will be whatever he needs to be to stay on the air and maintain the level of power he has and he knows what sells to his core audience.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/12/10984889 ... cable-news
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:56 pm Yeah, it'll pick up. I'm less engaged with the back and forth since we just won the national championship, but will be back in there mixing it up when the Chiefs break my heart next month.
I don't think the lack of traffic on the sports boards and the high traffic on these types of threads are completely unrelated. On top of that, the boring and tiring fights that a few posters constantly have with ousdahl on every board.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

par for the course

Let's ALL be honest.
Only Tucker truly knows if he is racist or homophobic.
We can only base our opinions on what he has (or hasn't) said and done - which at times are indicators he may be at least somewhat racist and homophobic.
Heck, at times my actions (or lack of actions) might dictate I am somewhat racist and/or homophobic.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:13 am

par for the course

Let's ALL be honest.
Only Tucker truly knows if he is racist or homophobic.
bs, imo

but, even if he himself isn’t (lol), he’s complicit in the messaging coming out of the show that bears his name

if aren’t anti-racism, you’re a half-step removed from being racist yourself
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Tucker Carlson was critical of the blm riots and was labeled a racist

He was critical of gender affirming/transitioning and was labeled a homophobe

Neither is fair. Its ok to be critical of things that are controversial

As far as I know he's never done a single thing that is actually racist or homophobic
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Tucker does annoy me tho. His laugh and his personality come off a little pretentious

But he offers some points of view that mainstream media needs. He was one of the few people that routinely questioned everything covid. And we has right about that