Chiefs 2022

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Chiefs 2022

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:13 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:17 am Was just announced the Chiefs are playing a game in Germany in 2023.
Is it considered a home or road game?
Probably a Chiefs/Bears game will be the Germany game.
vs. Patriots
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The NFL wants 2 games in Germany. Not Chiefs vs Pats for 1 game when each team is scheduled to have a game there.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:31 am I think, unfortunately, a home game.
Bummer. Unrealistic me feels it would be wonderful if the NFL somehow compensated Chiefs season ticket holders - other than it's one less game they have to pay for.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Chiefs have 9 "home games" in 2023. Will go to a true 8 home and 8 away games for them with the extra "home game" in Germany.

Chiefs are doing this because they want a Super Bowl in KC. And one of the ways the NFL said you can host a Super Bowl is sending a game or two internationally.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chiefs aren't hosting a Super Bowl with their current situation ( stadium location and condition, geography, no roof ).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Oh I hear ya. Just saying, for it to even be in consideration, the league asked for that to happen.

I will say this. They'll play a Super Bowl game in England or Germany before they play it in KC, Foxborough, Green Bay or any other place like that.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I bet it's something they'll think about/aim for after the Royals move out. Seems like they'd only need a roof, and that just takes money.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Can Spags and the Chiefs hold Jax to under 27?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

New Chiefs print for the basement: https://caitlynsnellingart.com/collecti ... tion-print

In March or so, I want to find a good panoramic of Arrowhead.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:11 am Can Spags and the Chiefs hold Jax to under 27?
I think they can. The Chiefs have only allowed 27 or more points 5 times all season. 31 vs. TB (KC win), 29 vs. Raiders (KC win), 28 vs. Broncos (KC win), 27 vs. Chargers (KC win) and 27 to Cincy (Cincy win by 3 on last second FG).

The big question to me is "Can KC score more than 24"? The Chiefs are undefeated in games where they have scored more than 24 points on the season but just 2-3 in games where they scored 24 or less.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I'm guessing if the Royals get a new stadium downtown, the Chiefs will be looking at major renovations or a new stadium. Arrowhead is awesome, but the newer stadiums like Sofi,Allegiant and AT&T probably have Clark Hunt jelly. I know the Royals owner said it would cost more to renovate the K because of the cracks in the lower concrete bowl. I'd imagine Arrowhead would be similar. Concrete only lasts so long and if it's cracking, not much you can do besides tear it out and re-build.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:11 am Can Spags and the Chiefs hold Jax to under 27?
Yards or points? :D
Yards - probably not. Points - absolutely.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'm not comparing the Raiders and Jags, however....

The last time we saw the Chiefs play, they beat the Raiders down with a workman-like efficiency we really haven't seen from them all year.

Mahomes passed for 200 yards with a TD
Chiefs ran for 170 yards
0 Turnovers
5 penalties the entire game
The defense had 6 sacks
Allowed under 100 yards rushing against the NFL's leading rusher

The Chiefs were locked in and focused against a team that just lost to San Fran in OT.

The Chiefs kind of played up or down to opponents all year. But the team has hosted the AFC Championship Game for 4 straight years and one game away from making it 5 straight years.

Chiefs were in control against a Jags team earlier in the game where the Jags converted an onside kick to begin the game, were -3 in turnover differential and had JuJu knocked out in the game and still made it to where Jacksonville scored with 5 minutes to go to just make it a 10 point game.

I'm changing my pick.

Chiefs 30
Jags 13

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

shindig wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:41 am I'm guessing if the Royals get a new stadium downtown, the Chiefs will be looking at major renovations or a new stadium. Arrowhead is awesome, but the newer stadiums like Sofi,Allegiant and AT&T probably have Clark Hunt jelly. I know the Royals owner said it would cost more to renovate the K because of the cracks in the lower concrete bowl. I'd imagine Arrowhead would be similar. Concrete only lasts so long and if it's cracking, not much you can do besides tear it out and re-build.
I don't know anything about structural integrity or foundation, et al., but I'd be shocked if they change too much about the stadium (other than concourses and suites). So, not sure a teardown and rebuild is necessary.

What they absolutely will go for is a PnL type entertainment district where Kauffman currently sits and other outdoor entertainment a la the new Buffalo stadium, like a pavilion.

And then as I stated, maybe some kind of retractable roof to get Super Bowls. Maybe even a Final Four, who knows.
shindig

Post by shindig »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:51 pm
shindig wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:41 am I'm guessing if the Royals get a new stadium downtown, the Chiefs will be looking at major renovations or a new stadium. Arrowhead is awesome, but the newer stadiums like Sofi,Allegiant and AT&T probably have Clark Hunt jelly. I know the Royals owner said it would cost more to renovate the K because of the cracks in the lower concrete bowl. I'd imagine Arrowhead would be similar. Concrete only lasts so long and if it's cracking, not much you can do besides tear it out and re-build.
I don't know anything about structural integrity or foundation, et al., but I'd be shocked if they change too much about the stadium (other than concourses and suites). So, not sure a teardown and rebuild is necessary.

What they absolutely will go for is a PnL type entertainment district where Kauffman currently sits and other outdoor entertainment a la the new Buffalo stadium, like a pavilion.

And then as I stated, maybe some kind of retractable roof to get Super Bowls. Maybe even a Final Four, who knows.
I'd be absolutely fine with that. A new, modern hotel would be nice as well next to Arrowhead stadium.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

shindig wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:28 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:51 pm

I'd be absolutely fine with that. A new, modern hotel would be nice as well next to Arrowhead stadium.
Afraid it would be abandoned urban blight within a decade.

I think the entertainment complex is also a bad idea. How are you getting people out there other than 8(ish) sundays a year?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

shindig wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:41 am I know the Royals owner said it would cost more to renovate the K because of the cracks in the lower concrete bowl. I'd imagine Arrowhead would be similar. Concrete only lasts so long and if it's cracking, not much you can do besides tear it out and re-build.
No. As long as they haven't been pouring salt all over the surfaces out there it is likely repairable.

They used a similar "problem" to justify tearing down MCI Terminals. There were "cracks" in the basement walls. I seent 'em, it weren't catastrophic.

Imagine if you will, a giant space frame in the shape of an arrowhead covering the stadium....it could be done. Look at the construction of Sofi Stadium. Maybe add some curtains to keep the rain out and allow them to retain some heat.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:18 pm
I think the entertainment complex is also a bad idea. How are you getting people out there other than 8(ish) sundays a year?
is the answer something like...outlet stores and a bass pro shop?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

and a TopGolf
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and a Famous Daves, a Dave and Busters, and something like "Davey D's Burgers," which start at $19 apiece, served on a metal tray, fries cost extra.

on second thought, Davey D's prob too bougie for an outlet mall in Independence.