Da Weed Thread

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Da Weed Thread

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:18 pm I’ll spare ous, but that’s a dumb response from illy.
careful, you’ll get a shadow
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Ousdahl making up stories again.

No single mom would date/fuck a grown man who needs messageboard advice from strangers to unclog a kitchen sink.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Recreational THC sales opens up in Missouri on February 6th. Might be time to go down to visit my family again soon.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:22 am Recreational THC sales opens up in Missouri on February 6th. Might be time to go down to visit my family again soon.
My advice: wait a bit.

At the beginning prices are inflated, inventory is low, and there are long lines.

Illinois, at least outside of Chicago, was a shit show. Standing in line to buy some overpriced weed isn't that appealing.

Now that the market has stabilized, prices are close to street prices but quality is superior. Especially for non flower products.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:09 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:22 am Recreational THC sales opens up in Missouri on February 6th. Might be time to go down to visit my family again soon.

At the beginning prices are inflated, inventory is low, and there are long lines.

Illinois, at least outside of Chicago, was a shit show. Standing in line to buy some overpriced weed isn't that appealing.

Now that the market has stabilized, prices are close to street prices but quality is superior. Especially for non flower products.
Nebraska allows for gummy sales of hemp derived THC so I am in no rush. The Delta 9 THC gummies are the weed equivalent of a shitty dime bag of regular weed vs. the regular THC gummies being more of a high end kind bud equivalent weed but they are better than nothing.

I am sure there will be multiple dispensaries that pop up along our drive from Omaha to KC so I'll do some research as they open and run for a few weeks. Rock Port, St. Joe and north KC will all have some options. It'll be a shit show until March.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:14 am

Nebraska allows for gummy sales of hemp derived THC so I am in no rush. The Delta 9 THC gummies are the weed equivalent of a shitty dime bag of regular weed vs. the regular THC gummies being more of a high end kind bud equivalent weed but they are better than nothing.

I am sure there will be multiple dispensaries that pop up along our drive from Omaha to KC so I'll do some research as they open and run for a few weeks. Rock Port, St. Joe and north KC will all have some options. It'll be a shit show until March.
Dispensaries in KC routinely have sales. You can also order online and do pickup. Not sure that prices will be inflated as the medical prices here seem to be about the same as rec everywhere else. 20+% tax in KC, so I’d look into St. Joe for sure.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:18 am

Dispensaries in KC routinely have sales. You can also order online and do pickup. Not sure that prices will be inflated as the medical prices here seem to be about the same as rec everywhere else. 20+% tax in KC, so I’d look into St. Joe for sure.
Ah, good to know about the KC-specific tax. I will keep that in mind. Thank you!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:25 am

Ah, good to know about the KC-specific tax. I will keep that in mind. Thank you!
I think I misremembered and in KC it's "only" 18%. I would imagine each city and county will have their additional, but I'm just assuming KC will be one of the highest. Was over 20% in Aspen a few years back, so KC not totally out of line from everywhere.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:05 am

I think I misremembered and in KC it's "only" 18%. I would imagine each city and county will have their additional, but I'm just assuming KC will be one of the highest. Was over 20% in Aspen a few years back, so KC not totally out of line from everywhere.
St. Joe looks like the spot to start.

https://www.kq2.com/news/local-dispensa ... 20Missouri.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:27 am

Nice, you should check that place out. I know that guy--quit his law job to get into recreational. Happier and soon to be richer.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

It will be interesting to see what the lines look like on Monday morning in KC. I suspect there will be a group that wants to be "first" in the door. With the long lead up to this opening, I expect the dispensaries have been stock piling product to be ready so I will be surprised if there are shortages. Everyone who wants rec weed already has buddied up with someone who had a medical card here in KC. But it will be nice now to walk in and pick it up myself even if my 1/8 costs another $8 to $10 due to taxes. It's a small price to pay after decades of bullshit.

There was a sign on the door of "From The Earth" on McGee stating "We WILL be open for REC retail on Feb 6" and that was three weeks ago. I won't "need" any fresh medicine for a couple of weeks but I will enjoy walking in for the first time and inhaling that smell and looking at all of the pretty nugs inside the display cases.

And just in time for Super Bowl Sunday in KC!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

japhy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:38 pmEveryone who wants rec weed already has buddied up with someone who had a medical card here in KC. But it will be nice now to walk in and pick it up myself even if my 1/8 costs another $8 to $10 due to taxes.
Getting an RX for and maintaining a medical card is more of a hassle and nearly as costly as just walking in and paying a sin tax.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:39 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:27 am

Nice, you should check that place out. I know that guy--quit his law job to get into recreational. Happier and soon to be richer.
Great location at Belt and Frederick, easy to get to from the highway. I will definitely make that one my first stop.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:52 pm
japhy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:38 pmEveryone who wants rec weed already has buddied up with someone who had a medical card here in KC. But it will be nice now to walk in and pick it up myself even if my 1/8 costs another $8 to $10 due to taxes.
Getting an RX for and maintaining a medical card is more of a hassle and nearly as costly as just walking in and paying a sin tax.
I came to that same conclusion. When I break down the cost of an 1/8th of "clementine" to the cost of Dogfish Head beer on a per dose basis, the weed is still cheaper than my previous relaxation routine. And the beer isn't making my brain any younger so there is that.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

japhy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:46 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:52 pm
I came to that same conclusion. When I break down the cost of an 1/8th of "clementine" to the cost of Dogfish Head beer on a per dose basis, the weed is still cheaper than my previous relaxation routine. And the beer isn't making my brain any younger so there is that.
If you're still buying flower form from a dispensary, you're gen x at the youngest. ;)
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Wait, really? I buy flower from a dispensary, didn't realize that was an old person thing
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:13 pm Wait, really? I buy flower from a dispensary, didn't realize that was an old person thing
I think it's because younger people are more familiar with the vapes and edibles that Gen X (and older millennials) didn't grow up with. Gen X goes to a dispensary and is comfortable with what they know.

I don't know a lot of people that have ever bought flower from the dispensary despite it being the better deal. When I have had friends say they have, it's always been a Gen X person saying they have a bunch of flower they can't smoke because their kids smell it that they bought before they knew the vapes were good.

I don't like smoking it that much anymore despite it being more effective. Too smelly, too harsh.
Deleted User 863

Mjl wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:13 pm Wait, really? I buy flower from a dispensary, didn't realize that was an old person thing
I buy flower too (mid 30s).