Chinese spy balloon

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Chinese spy balloon

Post by TDub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:04 pm I assume -- hope? -- that we waited to shoot it down until we could be certain, given wind, topography, etc. that we could recover it quickly and intact -- or as intact as possible after a missile strike.
supposedly we waited so the debris wouldn't land on any populated areas
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

also, supposedly we are aware ofn3 other balloons still in the air, one over Central America and 2 others at undisclosed locations.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TDub wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:08 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:04 pm I assume -- hope? -- that we waited to shoot it down until we could be certain, given wind, topography, etc. that we could recover it quickly and intact -- or as intact as possible after a missile strike.
I would like to believe it was a more serious, strategic decision than that...but...
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:14 pm
I would like to believe it was a more serious, strategic decision than that...but...
me too. But I'd also like to believe we wouldn't have waited until it cruised across the entire country to make a decision of any sort....
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

TDub wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:26 pm

me too. But I'd also like to believe we wouldn't have waited until it cruised across the entire country to make a decision of any sort....
"We" made a decision. Not to "shoot" it down.
Then "we" made a decision. To "shoot" it down.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:49 pm

"We" made a decision. Not to "shoot" it down.
Then "we" made a decision. To "shoot" it down.
When you're right you're right G
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea, the memes have been quality.

also...

lulz.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/07/0 ... r-00043860
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

China feigning outrage over their balloon being shot down. claiming this opens the door for retaliation...blah blah.. predictable
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Example #415,128,328 why this country and our government and government agencies suck/s.
Someone (or multiple people) is/are lying to the American public.

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1622029467869667328

"The official said Chinese balloons briefly transited the continental United States at least three times during the prior administration".
https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stori ... ina-coast/
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i don’t recall hearing/reading anything about those other balloons

there definitely weren’t any comments on here about a do-nothing-don sitting on his hands and allowing it to happen (multiple times, apparently)

hmmm…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

No guarantees what is inside it. How'd you like to shoot it down only to find out there was some sort of harmful chemicals purposefully put inside it and you just rained it down over US citizens?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Well obviously if you can grab telemetry from China you grab telemetry. Pretty cool non warhead kill there. Satellites are overhead checking hottubs in Colorado every day.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:50 pm

No guarantees what is inside it. How'd you like to shoot it down only to find out there was some sort of harmful chemicals purposefully put inside it and you just rained it down over US citizens?
id like to believe our counterintelligence has a better idea of what's in it than you or I. And If it was indeed something chemically hazardous, then that....would be, essentially a declaration of war by China no?
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

It's important to look serious when you say stuff like this.

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:24 am i don’t recall hearing/reading anything about those other balloons

there definitely weren’t any comments on here about a do-nothing-don sitting on his hands and allowing it to happen (multiple times, apparently)

hmmm…
Shhhush, serious people are having a serious discussion and asking serious questions now.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:24 am i don’t recall hearing/reading anything about those other balloons

hmmm…
I wouldve had the same questions then if I'd known.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TDub wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:42 pm

hmmm…
You weren't the only one who didn't know:

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/sta ... 8119491591
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:41 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:42 pm

hmmm…
You weren't the only one who didn't know:

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/sta ... 8119491591
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

LOL