22-23 NCAA Basketball Season

Kansas Basketball.
ramjet
Contributor

Re: 22-23 NCAA Basketball Season

Post by ramjet »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:11 am all ya gotta do is make two free throws
and not foul during the free throw! That was a strange call that enabled a 3 pt shot from outer space
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Holy shit what a terrible call.
( v Ten )
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Tennessee fouled up three at home against Missouri. And lost. It went down exactly like you fear. Enough clock after free throw exchange to actually lose on a long Ghoulston three. If they just play defense, the worst they could have done was go to OT at home.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

That's Ty Berry. Son of Jayhawk Football player and my buddy Tony Berry (May he Rest In Peace).
His father was very proud of him and would have loved this moment.

https://twitter.com/NUMensBball/status/ ... 5224875010
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

canes win in Chapel Hill. I kinda forgot that Nigel Pack dude from the kitties transferred there. He had 23.

Heels loose 4 outta last 5. 16-10, 8-7 in conference. Next game at dook.

we're talking a team that was within a couple baskets of winning it all last season, and returned a bunch of guys.

And this season they might not even make the tournament...wut
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

a good one brewing in Lubbock
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:21 pm canes win in Chapel Hill. I kinda forgot that Nigel Pack dude from the kitties transferred there. He had 23.

we're talking a team that was within a couple baskets of winning it all last season, and returned a bunch of guys.

They almost didn't make the tournament last season too.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

down goes Bama
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Watching uk @ miss st.

Ball movement is a foreign concept to both teams. Makes the defenses look better than they are. Uk playing better, they may win this one.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

The good Purple Cats (the guys from Evanston) with another W against a ranked team.
Were up 19 at the half against Indiana and up 21 in the 2nd half - held on to win by 2.
Currently 2nd in the Big 10. In other words, screw "parity"? The Big 10 must suck?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mrs 99 and I were talking last night, kinda funny:

99: We're moving to Minneapolis, we need to start routing for UM.
Mrs 99: Ok that sounds like fun.
99: I don't follow the Big 10 much, let's see where they stand (scrolls phone)... 1 and 12, ew.
Mrs 99: Yuck, what do they call their team?
99: The Golden Gophers
Mrs 99: That's stupid.
99: It's unique, we're watching Wildcats and Bulldogs now, how many teams are wildcats and bulldogs?
Mrs 99: At least they have teeth and claws, gophers are just big rats.
Defense. Rebounds.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:01 am Mrs 99 and I were talking last night, kinda funny:

99: We're moving to Minneapolis, we need to start routing for UM.
Mrs 99: Ok that sounds like fun.
99: I don't follow the Big 10 much, let's see where they stand (scrolls phone)... 1 and 12, ew.
Mrs 99: Yuck, what do they call their team?
99: The Golden Gophers
Mrs 99: That's stupid.
99: It's unique, we're watching Wildcats and Bulldogs now, how many teams are wildcats and bulldogs?
Mrs 99: At least they have teeth and claws, gophers are just big rats.
I always thought Badgers was kind of a cool mascot, of course nothing beats out our mythical bird except maybe the Fighting Artichokes Image
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’ll see your artichoke and raise you a banana slug…

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Arjhawk

Post by Arjhawk »

The Scottsdale Community College Fighting Artichokes! Better than the Banana Slugs because their colors are...

...Pink and Green.

Was an FU to the Administration back in the 60s/70s. Students were allowed to vote on it, but they did honor the election.

I once lived in the apartment above the student who was the mascot. He would come and go in the costume. That was weird.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

That artichoke may just be a bud from Bill Walton's special herb garden
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Purdue has now dropped three of their last four after losing to Maryland tonight.

There just aren't any dominant teams. Tourney this year is going to be nuts.

I think the three point line needs to be moved back to NBA distance. NBA court needs to be widened with three pointer being moved back. It adds too much luck to the sport imo
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mjl wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:48 pm Purdue has now dropped three of their last four after losing to Maryland tonight.

There just aren't any dominant teams. Tourney this year is going to be nuts.

I think the three point line needs to be moved back to NBA distance. NBA court needs to be widened with three pointer being moved back. It adds too much luck to the sport imo
Or just drop the ABA gimmick. The TCU game kind of illustrated your point well.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

No. 9 Baylor at No. 7 Kansas

TIME/TV: Saturday, 4 p.m. ET, ESPN

Allen Fieldhouse might not have a roof by the time this one is over. OK, we exaggerate, but those in attendance may want to have earplugs handy. The winner will maintain at least a share of first place in the hyper-competitive Big 12 and pick up another high-end victory to enhance its case for a No. 1 NCAA regional seed. The Bears took the first meeting with the Jayhawks in Waco, 75-69 on Jan. 23, but KU has won five of six since. Baylor is even hotter, however, entering Lawrence on a four-game streak and having gone 10-1 since an overtime loss to Kansas State. Watch and enjoy as Baylor’s deep backcourt, featuring Adam Flagler and Keyonte George, trade shots with KU’s Jalen Wilson and Gradey Dick.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 272918002/
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:21 pm canes win in Chapel Hill. I kinda forgot that Nigel Pack dude from the kitties transferred there. He had 23.

Their regular season last year was more indicative of Carolina's true ability than their tournament run.