March Madness 23

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: March Madness 23

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:41 pm I dont know what to do with this bracket
Just toss it now, it will save you a few days of frustration.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kansas is trending on twitter.
Most agree we got screwed.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:58 am So about those teams and other things..

A&M threw a HUGE fit last year. Bet that factored in to a lower seed.
Kansas still fighting NCAA, I'm sure that's a factor.
Chris Reynolds, the dweeb chair of the committee was on Indiana when KU beat them in 1993 to go to Final 4. Sure that didn't have any factor. Sigh....
If we want to add to more conspiracy theories..... His (Reyonld's) kid is employed by Mizzou.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

in the old days the guys in the studio would grill the $#!t out of the committee head. just hammer on him. there was nothing but fluff questions and fluff from the studio last evening. boring.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd just like to point out, say you aren't a fan of Kenpom and BartT and, I dunno, came up with your own ranking system just a few years back.

NCAA Men's Basketball NET rankings:

UCLA - 3, Gonzaga - 6, UConn - 8, Kansas - 9, St Marys - 11

Shouldn't a 3 seed be closer to, I dunno, 10, a 4 seed be closer to, I dunno, 18, and a 5 seed be closer to, 22?
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

Not ideal. But I'd much prefer my Jayhawks with a chip on their shoulder going into this thing. Especially this year.
Ain't no seats
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i got no beef with our region. our 2 seed is injured. our 3 seed is gonzaga. and this bored has been hammering on gonzaga for years for being big boy pretenders. our 4 seed is likely to get bounced before they can get to us.

i like it very much.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Wiff wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:52 am Not ideal. But I'd much prefer my Jayhawks with a chip on their shoulder going into this thing. Especially this year.
They looked PISSED last night. Jalen was on ESPN, looked pissed. When they were announced and they were in their film room, they looked pissed. Dajuan and KJ at the podium last night. Pissed.

Self won't talk until probably Tuesday evening, but I bet he's livid.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Knock on wood but Vegas might be a touch more fun than Kansas City for both fans and the team.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:52 am i got no beef with our region. our 2 seed is injured. our 3 seed is gonzaga. and this bored has been hammering on gonzaga for years for being big boy pretenders. our 4 seed is likely to get bounced before they can get to us.

i like it very much.
I haven't.
I think Gonzaga has easily been one of the best teams this decade.
The matchup isn't bad on paper because they can't defend well at all.

I do think Timme could get KJ into foul trouble and then work around Udeh.

I could see St Mary's over UConn but then St Mary's ain't no slouch.
They just slowwwww the game down and defend.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i'm guessing the children would rather be in las vegas than in kansas city.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:00 am Knock on wood but Vegas might be a touch more fun than Kansas City for both fans and the team.
Team ain't going to do shit in Vegas.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:58 am
Wiff wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:52 am Not ideal. But I'd much prefer my Jayhawks with a chip on their shoulder going into this thing. Especially this year.
They looked PISSED last night. Jalen was on ESPN, looked pissed. When they were announced and they were in their film room, they looked pissed. Dajuan and KJ at the podium last night. Pissed.

Other than not being the overall 1 or 2 seed and playing in Vegas instead of KC, why would they be pissed and livid?
I'd tell them perhaps if they didn't lose by 20 and 16 to Texas and 23 at home to TCU - things might be different - and to just focus on beating Howard on Thursday. :o :shock: :? ;)
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I dunno.
Again, knock on wood, but if your game is Thursday/Saturday and you won Saturday, my guess is team would do a lot of shit in Vegas.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:04 am i'm guessing the children would rather be in las vegas than in kansas city.
The children being who? The players? Maybe but they will be on a business trip. Might have a little free time to do something fun but overall.....
The students? Absolutely but if mommy and/or daddy aren't paying for them to play in Vegas they probably aren't going.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

truth. the team ain't livid about nothing.

the creampuff fans that overworry about every detail are livid. no matter what the bracket. no matter what the region. no matter what the destination. the creampuff fans would be livid cause we got screwed.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

and 2pm ET thursday is fantastic. no time to sit around. no time to watch the upsets. no time to get nervous. just go.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:12 am I dunno.
Again, knock on wood, but if your game is Thursday/Saturday and you won Saturday, my guess is team would do a lot of shit in Vegas.
They always come back after Elite 8 game. No matter where and there's fans waiting in AFH. They're not staying another night unless they play so late to where it doesn't make much sense for them to hustle back.

You act like the players have control. Goff, Self and Girod have control over what the players do for the next 3 weeks.

Very little free time, especially when they are outside of Lawrence until the job is done.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Oh, I know the players don't have control.
But my guess is they'd be able to go out for a bit to celebrate before heading back home.
It's Vegas.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:11 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:58 am

Other than not being the overall 1 or 2 seed and playing in Vegas instead of KC, why would they be pissed and livid?
I'd tell them perhaps if they didn't lose by 20 and 16 to Texas and 23 at home to TCU - things might be different - and to just focus on beating Howard on Thursday. :o :shock: :? ;)
They also set the record for most Quad 1 wins, in history. They beat every team that they played except for Tennessee. All their other losses were against teams that they beat in conference play.

Lost to Iowa State, beat them earlier
Lost to kstate, beat them later in AFH
Smoked by TCU at home, beat them in Ft Worth later
Lost to Texas to end the year, beat them in AFH earlier
Lost to Baylor, smoked them at AFH later

They were punished for losing 5 conference games, some of them by double digits and 4 of those 5 on the road in the country's toughest conference.

While Houston had zero recourse for losing against 16-16 Temple.