Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:17 pm Divide and conquer is deliberate. Its an old political tactic. A divided population is easier to control. What the ruling class fears is a population united against them. Thats why divisive concepts always get promoted hard
Lotsa fear about government/"ruling class" control from the party of...controlling what people do with their bodies.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

staggering level of cognitive dissonance
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:49 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:25 pm i don't give a $#!t about this one iota. to me, this is the very definition of a...checks notes...fringe issue. the only time this comes up is when the democrats drum it up in an attempt to distract the good folks from what is really important. "lets not talk about the issues that affect/effect everybody. lets talk about the issues that affect/effect almost no one."
Ok.

But you understand that this topic wasn't initiated by the bored democrats wanting to talk about trans rights. It was brought up by randy who wanted to discuss the even more fringe and more specific topic about the importance of limiting trans participation in UFC.

Right?
Mich don't care.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

One of the recent stories I heard, confirms that irony has no meaning any more. trump during his recent on-stage rantings and pandering to the rubes has taken to playing and vamping to this tune. The songwriter must be having a laugh that his music is being adopted by the rubes decrying the dangers of gender fluidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy-rvsHsi1o
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:50 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:46 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:16 pm

100 percent accurate. All transgender ideology is to democrats is a way to divide and conquer. And get votes. Convince the public if you support the transgender movement you are tolerant and understanding, and if you question it you are just a bigot
"A way to divide and conquer" is just your way of saying "they are trying to do things that I do not support".

The intention is not to divide; you're just choosing to allow it to.

Sorry, but gender isn't a toggle switch. You aren't just either A or B. It's a spectrum just like a lot of other perfectly normal things in our bodies and lives. Good for you that due to no actions of your own that it worked out that your gender fits what is typical in our society today but I do not have a problem with us as a society recognizing that not everyone fits into the traditional male/female checkbox. Those members of our society can't just be ignored or excluded. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." This does not only apply to men.It applies to all citizens of our nation.

Do they need to update the rules of organized sports to take this into account? 100% yes. Unfortunately, I see a future where participants in many levels of sports from high school up will be required to take a test to determine their testosterone level and those who are above an agreed upon level will compete in one category and those who fall below it compete in a different category. It's just going to require a lot of extra expense and that will inevitably result in a small number of people not being able to participate in a sport and others being attacked because some MAGA knuckledraggers will not believe that their tests are accurate. But since the notion of a rainbow of genders goes against traditional Christian teachings and Christian policy seems to be more interested in punishing those who are not like them than they are in celebrating our differences, we have to go through all of this nonsense.
You put all of this well. Why is it that MAGA cares so doggone much about people's privates? I'm sorry, I just do not buy that there is genuine, sincere and authentic interest in...checks notes...the fairness of MMA fights.
Who knows. Maybe centuries of being taught by the church that these people are sinners and abominations might play a part.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:25 pm i don't give a $#!t about this one iota. to me, this is the very definition of a...checks notes...fringe issue. the only time this comes up is when the democrats drum it up in an attempt to distract the good folks from what is really important. "lets not talk about the issues that affect/effect everybody. lets talk about the issues that affect/effect almost no one."
I don't give a shit about your personal opinion of it or how important it is to you personally. The GOP has made it one of their top priorities so it affects me as someone who has to live under the laws passed by them in my state. And it is inevitably GOP lawmakers who are spazzing out about it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:02 pm

"A way to divide and conquer" is just your way of saying "they are trying to do things that I do not support".

Sorry, but gender isn't a toggle switch. You aren't just either A or B. It's a spectrum just like a lot of other perfectly normal things in our bodies and lives. Good for you that due to no actions of your own that it worked out that your gender fits what is typical in our society today but I do not have a problem with us as a society recognizing that not everyone fits into the traditional male/female checkbox. Those members of our society can't just be ignored or excluded. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." This does not only apply to men.It applies to all citizens of our nation.

Do they need to update the rules of organized sports to take this into account? 100% yes. Unfortunately, I see a future where participants in many levels of sports from high school up will be required to take a test to determine their testosterone level and those who are above an agreed upon level will compete in one category and those who fall below it compete in a different category. It's just going to require a lot of extra expense and that will inevitably result in a small number of people not being able to participate in a sport and others being attacked because some MAGA knuckledraggers will not believe that their tests are accurate. But since the notion of a rainbow of genders goes against traditional Christian teachings and Christian policy seems to be more interested in punishing those who are not like them than they are in celebrating our differences, we have to go through all of this nonsense.
You put all of this well. Why is it that MAGA cares so doggone much about people's privates? I'm sorry, I just do not buy that there is genuine, sincere and authentic interest in...checks notes...the fairness of MMA fights.
Who knows. Maybe centuries of being taught by the church that these people are sinners and abominations might play a part.
centuries of grooming?

naaaaaahhhhh…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Wait wait wait.

I’m told it’s the libs who are trying to gain control of the population?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:17 pm Divide and conquer is deliberate. Its an old political tactic. A divided population is easier to control. What the ruling class fears is a population united against them. Thats why divisive concepts always get promoted hard
You'd think that you would have a better handle on recognizing what is and is not it since it has been happening for so long.

Or else you're just parroting GOP talking points.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:06 pm

Wait wait wait.

I’m told it’s the libs who are trying to gain control of the population?
Watch churchgoers lose their minds over the "indoctrination of our children" while baptizing infants and sending them to churches and schools to be indoctrinated by the church (and hopefully not raped by pedophile priests while their oblivious parents call Dems pedophiles) would be hilarious if it wasn't so fucking dumb that it gives me a headache.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

would be hilarious if it wasn’t reality
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:05 pm And it is inevitably GOP lawmakers who are spazzing out about it.
really. the last 16 posts on this thread from democrats say otherwise.

if you keep dangling the shiny lgbtqlmnop+ issues in front of the nations face, maybe they will forget about the rotten economy.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:07 pm
You'd think that you would have a better handle on recognizing what is and is not it since it has been happening for so long.

Or else you're just parroting GOP talking points.
Of course what’s sort of wild is that the popular sentiment becoming more socially liberal/progressive is…as much as anything else, a form of people doing their own research.

Democratization (in the literal sense, not the political ideological sense) of information is leading to people realizing how goddamn STUPID it is to let others tell them what to do with/to/inside/etc their bodies in private.

This should align with traditional conservative principles…which is why I say that the right should no longer be presumed to HAVE small government principles.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:56 pm
Lotsa fear about government/"ruling class" control from the party of...controlling what people do with their bodies.
ooo is there where I get to jump in and say..Yes! what you say is true.

We need more personal responsibility, more freedom of personal choices. And less control over personal life and decisions by the government?
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:37 pm

We need more personal responsibility, more freedom of personal choices. And less control over personal life and decisions by the government?
Broadly this is exactly my view.

The nuance - where there ABSOLUTELY is room for good-faith discussion/conversation/debate/etc. - is in figuring out where exactly the line is on whether a personal choice does or does not affect others (to such an extent that restrictions on one's freedoms are justified).

That's what's so fucking hard about the gender issue in competitive sports. I am not aware of a "good" solution for that, only ones with varying degrees of bad (and varying identities of who is "harmed").

My general thinking is that it probably does make more sense to start with the presumption that you should compete against those who are chemically similar to you. That might mean that, if your head and heart say something about your identity that your physiology does not say, the "cost" of you expressing yourself (your gender) in a manner consistent with your head and your heart is that you don't get to play competitive sports (or, you must play competitive sports with/against people of a different gender than the one you express).

And that sucks!

But the world can't be made to work exactly evenly for everyone. "Equitable" and "equal" are not necessarily the same thing.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:02 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:36 pm
Gotta be tough to go through life this fucking terrified of people you who aren’t like you.
Do you really believe that?
If you're focused on the issue of trans women competing in the ufc, you're really, intentionally or accidentally, ignoring the main motivation behind this tweet.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:49 pm

The nuance - where there ABSOLUTELY is room for good-faith discussion/conversation/debate/etc. - is in figuring out where exactly the line is on whether a personal choice does or does not affect others (to such an extent that restrictions on one's freedoms are justified).

That's what's so fucking hard about the gender issue in competitive sports. I am not aware of a "good" solution for that, only ones with varying degrees of bad (and varying identities of who is "harmed").

My general thinking is that it probably does make more sense to start with the presumption that you should compete against those who are chemically similar to you. That might mean that, if your head and heart say something about your identity that your physiology does not say, the "cost" of you expressing yourself (your gender) in a manner consistent with your head and your heart is that you don't get to play competitive sports (or, you must play competitive sports with/against people of a different gender than the one you express).

And that sucks!

But the world can't be made to work exactly evenly for everyone. "Equitable" and "equal" are not necessarily the same thing.
yea...I just dont trust that the government is the best arbitrator to determine where that line is, or should be.

In this particular discussion I sont think its the "girls" competing in boys sports rhats any issue....I think its the potential for scumbags who can't cut it on their own...guys who decide they are "girls" just to be more competitive and compete in women's sports...because people suck, particularly limp ducked fuckers who have no ability to seenlive as a struggle to overcome and move forward to improve.

anyway way off topic....but..the older I get the more I realize that I fall into no real category, at least no neat category of thought process, no box of political values to fit into...particularly with our current political climate.

I definitely don't want more government control and I feel like both parties are bound and determined to enact more and more far reaching control over the populace.

I probably align with some weird mix of cowboy and hippie. Odd and certainly not very well represented in the candidate pool.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:11 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:05 pm And it is inevitably GOP lawmakers who are spazzing out about it.
really. the last 16 posts on this thread from democrats say otherwise.

if you keep dangling the shiny lgbtqlmnop+ issues in front of the nations face, maybe they will forget about the rotten economy.
Your pal randy introduced the topic to this thread on 4/06 at 1:01pm. It was not mentioned by a single democrat in this thread prior to that moment. Any subsequent posts are simply called "replies". And of course his post was about a transgender MMA fighter who they claim "broke a woman's skull" when all that happened was that the woman suffered an orbital fracture, which is a very common occurrence in both men's and women's MMA as well as in basketball.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:21 am

And that sucks!

I probably align with some weird mix of cowboy and hippie.
Hunter Thompson?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:03 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:21 am

And that sucks!

I probably align with some weird mix of cowboy and hippie.
Hunter Thompson?
hes maybe a little....drug induced for me. But...I mean...do what ya want i guess.

My Uncle knew him peripherally....met him a couple times, went to his house once or twice I think he said.. My uncle is pretty hippie, good living good weed good love sort...said he was...a whole nother level of nuts. carried around a baby bottle full of coke at all times.
Just Ledoux it