Another mass shooting

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by jfish26 »

So: this time it’s a white, male, popular, jock-turned-banker.

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/statu ... PzNG4aOfKQ

There is a SINGLE common denominator here, folks.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:27 pm We do need to do something. But stripping away gun rights ain't it. We need to fix these hollow shells of human beings our society is creating. Where people feel the need to make these desperate cries for help like shootings or transitioning
VGR!

"And the more people like you cry about how we need to "do something" the more you are gonna boost the sales of ar15s".
Followed 2 minutes later with - "We do need to do something".

You have made 3 posts about "hallow shells" in reference to what Vivek Ramaswamy misquoted someone else as saying - and you tell me I don't have any original thoughts.

Again, VGR!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:10 am
randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:27 pm We do need to do something. But stripping away gun rights ain't it. We need to fix these hollow shells of human beings our society is creating. Where people feel the need to make these desperate cries for help like shootings or transitioning
VGR!

"And the more people like you cry about how we need to "do something" the more you are gonna boost the sales of ar15s".

You have made 3 posts about "hallow shells" in reference to what Vivek Ramaswamy misquoted someone else as saying - and you tell me I don't have any original thoughts.

Again, VGR!
I mention mental health and how people have nothing to beleive in every time you guys start whining about gun control. Same concept
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:22 am So: this time it’s a white, male, popular, jock-turned-banker.

Yes. They all have poor mental health.

Er wait... how were you gonna try to spin this?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:34 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:10 am
VGR!

Again, VGR!
I mention mental health and how people have nothing to beleive in every time you guys start whining about gun control. Same concept
Yes, I "whine" about gun control.
Yes I believe a person would have a "hallow (hollow) shell" NOT to feel we need to control how easy it is for most people in this country to get a gun and use it to kill others.
Yes, we have plenty of people in this country with "mental health" problems. Myself included.
Yes, there are too many people in this country who "have nothing to believe in".

Guess what! I don't own a gun and I have never used a gun to kill anyone.
Guess what! I could go to the west side of Chicago and get a gun within the next 30 minutes - illegally.
Guess what! If I lived in some states in this country I could get a gun within 30 minutes - legally.
Guess what! I don't know what the percentage is but I do know most of the people in this country who "have nothing to believe in" haven't used a gun to kill others.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:35 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:22 am So: this time it’s a white, male, popular, jock-turned-banker.

Are we aware that the shooter was suffering mental health issues?

Or are you diagnosing these by negative inference (in that only a person suffering mental health issues would do this)?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Literally millions of people in this country who have "poor mental health".
Now tell us how many who don't have guns will shoot and kill innocent people.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:22 am

Literally millions of people in this country who have "poor mental health".
Now tell us how many who don't have guns will shoot and kill innocent people.
I would again ask Randy to play out his logic, to its end.

Because if all As are Bs, but not all Bs are As, then the LOGICAL thing to do - if you wanted to minimize the frequency of As - would be whatever would be necessary to keep Bs from becoming As.

If you want to minimize the frequency of As, there would seem to be two options. One would seem to run VERY contrary to Randy’s professed views. The other would be something, ah, how to put this, extremely fucking sinister.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'm the one with logic that realize even without guns, people will still kill people. Always have and always will
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Here's a perfect example. This guy didn't have a gun, and stabbed 30 people. 12 died, 18 injured. Happened just recently. In Canada in 2022. Canada/Trudeau are notoriously anti gun and they had a mass STABBING which was actually more deadly than most the shooting you hear about. Canada has stricter guns laws and other countries that also do have the same problems with stabbings
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/07/americas ... index.html
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Guns tend to be loud, stabbings silent. So in some ways mass stabbings can be more deadly. Someone can be quite stealthy and people won't be as alert to the dangers when a mentally ill person with a knife goes on a rampage
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

As far as I can tell, your position (on gun control) is that the status quo is fine, but would be improved if the stabbers switched to guns instead.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:07 am As far as I can tell, your position (on gun control) is that the status quo is fine, but would be improved if the stabbers switched to guns instead.
Youre fucking insane then dude lol.. id prefer nobody murdered anyone. Im just smart enough to realize that putting restrictions on peoples ability to legally buy guns will not stop murder
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:07 am As far as I can tell, your position (on gun control) is that the status quo is fine, but would be improved if the stabbers switched to guns instead.
Whats your opinion on the mass stabbings that have happened in places with tighter gun laws?

Was it the knives fault? After we put legal restrictions on gun sales should we do the same on knife sales
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Again with the absolutes.

When did that become the standard?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:22 am Again with the absolutes.

When did that become the standard?
When rubes like Randy realized the only way they can avoid losing the argument is to make it impossible for the other side to win.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:19 am
Youre fucking insane then dude lol.. id prefer nobody murdered anyone. Im just smart enough to realize that putting restrictions on peoples ability to legally buy guns will not stop murder
This is how teenagers argue, about cleaning their rooms.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Randy wants all the stabbers to be armed with semi-automatic weapons. That will lower the murder rate.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There is this myth that a well regulated militia will allow citizens to fight oppression. But the raggedy assed militia see oppression in skin color, bad relationships, job set-backs, traffic problems, schools, churchs, immigrants and the world in general. And they have a way to tantrum kill efficiently and without much planning. And Fox gives them an updated list of enemies every day.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:13 am There is this myth that a well regulated militia will allow citizens to fight oppression. But the raggedy assed militia see oppression in skin color, bad relationships, job set-backs, traffic problems, schools, churchs, and the world in general. And they have a way to tantrum kill efficiently and without much planning.
Suffice it to say that none of the evidence supports the theory that more guns = safer.