Kavanaugh accuser in a nutshell...

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Re: Kavanaugh accuser in a nutshell...

Post by dolomite »

Hasooo, Jeff Flake has stated he will vote for the nominee, but in order to placate the Dems, he will ask the Whitehouse to ask the FBI for another week to investigate, lol. (like they will a smoking gun after 36 years)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

dolomite wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:27 pm Hasooo, Jeff Flake has stated he will vote for the nominee, but in order to placate the Dems, he will ask the Whitehouse to ask the FBI for another week to investigate, lol. (like they will a smoking gun after 36 years)
Flake is a disgrace.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

One week is good. Bring in the FBI. Call the vote for next Friday. Make it 100-0. I am looking forward to Kamala Harris voting YES.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:06 pm One week is good. Bring in the FBI. Call the vote for next Friday. Make it 100-0. I am looking forward to Kamala Harris voting YES.
The FBI is corrupt to the bone. It is owned by the Dems and RINOs. The Republicans need to move forward with a vote now.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The fact that it took this level of absurdity to get the GOP to agree to an FBI investigation into a credible claim of sexual assault prior to granting someone a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court makes me want to puke.

Hey folks, this is the freaking Supreme Court. The fact that some of you are so willing to dismiss common morality so that this guy can get on the SC and push for your morality is frightening. Take a step back, take a breath and get some perspective.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:10 pm
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:06 pm One week is good. Bring in the FBI. Call the vote for next Friday. Make it 100-0. I am looking forward to Kamala Harris voting YES.
The FBI is corrupt to the bone. It is owned by the Dems and RINOs. The Republicans need to move forward with a vote now.
RINOs, LOL. The Republican POTUS is anti-trade, pro-deficit, and likes government control of things.

If that's not a RINO, what is a Republican?
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:31 pm The fact that it took this level of absurdity to get the GOP to agree to an FBI investigation into a credible claim of sexual assault prior to granting someone a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court makes me want to puke.

Hey folks, this is the freaking Supreme Court. The fact that some of you are so willing to dismiss common morality so that this guy can get on the SC and push for your morality is frightening. Take a step back, take a breath and get some perspective.
Which morality is easier for you accept?
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Good lord. Coach 'em up actually got dumber with the move.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Anyone who thinks this will be over in a week is nuts.

"We need an investigation" will morph ever-so-seamlessly into "we need a LONGER investigation." Next Friday, we'll know exactly what we know today. It's just another delay.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

A buddy of mine just said he thought Bro Brett will say, " I love my family too much to put them through this", drop out and become the next Fox legal analyst.
Defense. Rebounds.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:31 pm Take a step back, take a breath and get some perspective.
Perhaps watch this clip and think how women react seeing Amy Klobuchar, who always comes off as the nicest person possible, treated as if she were some Catholic high school girl.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics ... ts-vpx.cnn
Don't inject Lysol.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Kavanaugh's biggest mistake yesterday was apologizing to that broad.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:42 pm A buddy of mine just said he thought Bro Brett will say, " I love my family too much to put them through this", drop out and become the next Fox legal analyst.
Maybe after 40 years of being on the Supreme Court. Justice Kavanaugh just has such a good ring to it.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Mjl wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:53 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:10 pm
RINOs, LOL. The Republican POTUS is anti-trade, pro-deficit, and likes government control of things.

If that's not a RINO, what is a Republican?
I would characterize Trump as a Nationalist, which is much preferable to a RINO.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:20 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:31 pm Take a step back, take a breath and get some perspective.
Perhaps watch this clip and think how women react seeing Amy Klobuchar, who always comes off as the nicest person possible, treated as if she were some Catholic high school girl.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics ... ts-vpx.cnn
Amy Klobuchar is the only person on either side who came out of this looking better and more sensible than going in.
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

imzcount wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:45 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:42 pm A buddy of mine just said he thought Bro Brett will say, " I love my family too much to put them through this", drop out and become the next Fox legal analyst.
Maybe after 40 years of being on the Supreme Court. Justice Kavanaugh just has such a good ring to it.
I know, right? Sucks hearing and knowing we already have a Black, Italian, Jew, and "Hispanic".
We sure don't need any more of those "on" the Supreme Court.
I'm also thinking thank God the 3 women are postmenopausal too.
Wait, am I totally off on this one?
Conservative or not, you like the ring to it because you had a clue who he was 3 months ago and were thinking how great of a candidate/nominee he would be if Trump were to appoint him. That's it. My mistake. Sorry.

Also, I'm wondering which do you feel has a nicer ring to it - "Bro Brett" or "Justice Kavanaugh"?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kavanaugh was so desperate to avoid this. He lied about even small things. Just reading the "wasted" tome opens the portal to many felonies. This is actually the best outcome for Republicans. It was a reasonable concession--to women especially. To the actually religious base. Kavanaugh would be a permanent recusal on any notionally partisan issue henceforth. And then there is the probable impeachment as more things come out. Best to move on. There are some really conservative judges who actually walk the morality walk in the wings. Kavanaugh comes from the OC and Stiggs school of personal judgement.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:26 pm Good lord. Coach 'em up actually got dumber with the move.
Good lord, you're the one on here trying to push the absurdity that "this is all on the Dems". Why do you think that Feinstein had to hold on to this until the last possible moment? Do you think if Ford's letter was given to the Committee in July that there would be an FBI investigation into the credible report of a possible sexual assault by Kavanaugh? Eh, no. GOP committee members would have asked him one question about it in their personal interviews of him and that would be the end of it.

The GOP has made it very clear that they do not respect women and do not care if someone treats them purely as a pawn to get what they want. What Feinstein did was to take the only path that gave the best chance for what was right, which is an FBI investigation.

The fact that Kavanaugh comes out of this looking like an aggressive, belligerent, drunk liar who is in the pocket of Trump rather than a fair, impartial adjudicator of the law worthy of the Supreme Court is purely an unexpected bonus. If he cannot maintain his cool during this then I certainly do not expect him to be a level headed Justice. He had the opportunity to use the law to support his argument but instead chose the Trump Tactic of spewing unsupported lies at a high volume and spraying the room with so much bullshit that no one can sort through it in an appropriate amount of time.

I have no idea whether or not Kavanaugh did what he is alleged to have done. I certainly did find her to be more credible than he was. But he has done nothing in my eyes to prove that he is an honest, fair reasonable choice for the Supreme Court. He has only done the opposite.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:06 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:26 pm Good lord. Coach 'em up actually got dumber with the move.
Good lord, you're the one on here trying to push the absurdity that "this is all on the Dems". Why do you think that Feinstein had to hold on to this until the last possible moment? Do you think if Ford's letter was given to the Committee in July that there would be an FBI investigation into the credible report of a possible sexual assault by Kavanaugh? Eh, no. GOP committee members would have asked him one question about it in their personal interviews of him and that would be the end of it.

The GOP has made it very clear that they do not respect women and do not care if someone treats them purely as a pawn to get what they want. What Feinstein did was to take the only path that gave the best chance for what was right, which is an FBI investigation.

The fact that Kavanaugh comes out of this looking like an aggressive, belligerent, drunk liar who is in the pocket of Trump rather than a fair, impartial adjudicator of the law worthy of the Supreme Court is purely an unexpected bonus. If he cannot maintain his cool during this then I certainly do not expect him to be a level headed Justice. He had the opportunity to use the law to support his argument but instead chose the Trump Tactic of spewing unsupported lies at a high volume and spraying the room with so much bullshit that no one can sort through it in an appropriate amount of time.

I have no idea whether or not Kavanaugh did what he is alleged to have done. I certainly did find her to be more credible than he was. But he has done nothing in my eyes to prove that he is an honest, fair reasonable choice for the Supreme Court. He has only done the opposite.
Yeah, after being called a rapist in the media and to your face for days on end after spending days before that with morons like Kampala Harris asking you a never-ending stream of “gotcha” questions like “Have you stopped beating your wife yet - yes or no?”, you might be a little testy, too.

What makes it worse, though, is that you’re smart enough to know that nobody in the room believes you actually did any of it; they’re just ruining you as facilitate a power struggle. You and your education, accomplishments, and faithful service mean nothing. You have become a pawn.

It would be enough to make the saintliness of men homicidal.

But, hey, at least you all will still get to murder babies with impunity for a few more weeks, right?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Coach 'em up is a religious fanatic.