huggs, goodness ...

Kansas Basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Re: huggs, goodness ...

Post by TDub »

randylahey wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:25 pm
TDub wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:23 pm I like Huggins, hope this doesn't end his career....but it likely might.
Why should it? Such a soft ass country we live in. Somebody says the word "fag" and a 40 year career is maybe gone you think. There is absolutely ZERO reason he should lose his job over this lol. Not sure why anyone would even consider that

Who really gives a shit? Why is cancel culture and soft sensitive america such a thing
did I say it should? I said it likely might.

Despite what you say/feel/think....he is a representative of a public entity that has a responsibility to be considerate of all people and present himself and the university in a light the reflects inclusivity and positivity.

He has the right to say whatever he wants, the university has the right to terminate his contract.

Ive heard a lot worse, I'm not sure I would fire him for it....but, it potentially is an impactful and hurtful statement to people.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Lol "hurtful"
A one syllable sound. So hurtful
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

it may not be hurtful to you, or to me, or to lots of others ..but, I cant pretend to understand how other people think and feel. I think as a society we may be a bit too sensitive on a number of subjects (for instance, I think youre too sensitive about trannies)...but thats where the world we operate is at...

If this was a private sector job it probably wouldn't be getting the coverage it is, but its not. As a public figure he needs to be cognizant of how the words he chooses may impact those (from all backgrounds and from all life circumstances) who hear them.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

also "catholic" is 3 syllables...(3 technically, sounds like 2 informally)...not 1.

That's the bad word we're talking about right?

I'm kidding.....now im gonna get fired too
Just Ledoux it
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

TDub - you're fired.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

dammit
Just Ledoux it
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

On second thought, I'm self-employed, I'll fire myself for being involved in a conversation started by Surly.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

K state fans will always be butthurt about Huggins. He spent one year in Manhattan and had to get the fuck out
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Surly, Huggins must have thought there were too many fags in Manhattan, so he left
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:31 pm #bigotryisfun
As a Catholic, I'm grateful for your support.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:37 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:25 pm
TDub wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:23 pm I like Huggins, hope this doesn't end his career....but it likely might.
Why should it? Such a soft ass country we live in. Somebody says the word "fag" and a 40 year career is maybe gone you think. There is absolutely ZERO reason he should lose his job over this lol. Not sure why anyone would even consider that

Who really gives a shit? Why is cancel culture and soft sensitive america such a thing
did I say it should? I said it likely might.

Despite what you say/feel/think....he is a representative of a public entity that has a responsibility to be considerate of all people and present himself and the university in a light the reflects inclusivity and positivity.

He has the right to say whatever he wants, the university has the right to terminate his contract.

Ive heard a lot worse, I'm not sure I would fire him for it....but, it potentially is an impactful and hurtful statement to people.
^^^
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:48 pm Surly, Huggins must have thought there were too many fags in Manhattan, so he left
You seriously need banned
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

hoopla wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:59 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:56 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:44 pm Non story. Nobody cares

"But but he used a bad word he should lose his livelihood" - liberals offended everywhere
VGR!
"Non story. Nobody cares"
You speak for "fags" now?
what is vgr, gutter?
Jeeper/plano/overland used to somewhat often use JFC to express his feelings in regards to things people posted.
When randy posts something I feel is worthy of a JFC, I replace it with a VGR - which means Vivek Ganapathy Ramaswamy. randy's lord and savior.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randy = The ignoramus who if something doesn't bother him he insists it shouldn't bother anyone else.
If something does bother someone else, then he feels that person is "soft" for being bothered by it.
I would much rather be labeled "soft" by an asshole than be labeled an asshole by someone I care about.

P.S. As far as Huggins, realize he did more than just slip up and use the word fag once. He used it multiple times to purposely be demeaning. He also basically said Xavier fans (not all - some) don't have a penis.
Yes, he apologized (in either his own words or words that were written for him :? ) but notice he did not apologize specifically to the LGBTQ community nor call out homophobia.
Do I think he should be fired? Thankfully it's not my decision to make.

P.S.S. I have a strong feeling if Huggins called Kansas fans dickless Catholic fags SOME people on here wouldn't be happy about it.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ok time for a break randy.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:16 am Ok time for a break randy.
While I agree with you, he's only going to use this as validation. Kind of a no win. But thanks from 99.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Certainly, he will.
But it won't make him right.
And if he spams the sports boreds with what he thinks is martyrdom then he'll be gone for good.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Cunts gonna cunt
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

hoopla wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:59 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:56 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:44 pm Non story. Nobody cares

"But but he used a bad word he should lose his livelihood" - liberals offended everywhere
VGR!
"Non story. Nobody cares"
You speak for "fags" now?
what is vgr, gutter?
Thanks for asking.

Although, when the Urbane Dictionary didn't know either, I didn't feel as clueless.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I mean, he probably should have already been banned for calling Dajuan a POS.