Pronouns

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Pronouns

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Stupid Gutter time.
I understand the positives of people feeling the need to use pronouns. I work for a company that has employees with first names such as Robin, Kelly, Sloan, Jordan, etc. Some but not all of them chose to use pronouns in their email signatures. Helps clarify things.
Here is where my head starts spinning a bit. We have gay employees who use pronouns when they have what I feel are gender specific first names. It's important for them to identify as a male or a female - despite the sexual preferences.
I say to each their own but please don't judge me for not having a desire to use a pronoun to identify my sex in my email signature.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I would rather have a generation of young people focused on the world outside of themselves. I/Me appear to be the most misunderstood pronouns. We are all mistreated. It is how one approaches resiliency.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Sparko wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:09 pm I would rather have a generation of young people focused on the world outside of themselves. I/Me appear to be the most misunderstood pronouns. We are all mistreated. It is how one approaches resiliency.
❤️
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

this is the fancy folks having their arthur fonzarelli "jump the shark" moment.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i know this doesn’t fit my liberal label, but if you look like a certain gender you should expect to be referred to as such by default
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if they are going to require that i get it right 100% of the time. then they will need to hang a sign around their neck. otherwise. they will get what they get.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Fighting for pronouns while CO2 choked the planet to death. Pick your freaking battles.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

A meme from the Washington Free Beacon, it's like Randall is still here.....if anyone wants to see what is really on the University of Colorado's website, here's a link. See if you can find the statements in the meme without a bit of selective editing.

https://www.colorado.edu/cisc/pride-off ... s/pronouns
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

LOL. That may be worse.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Stupid question time.
Is CU belittling and incriminating their students by teaching them pronoun usage?

I was in a Walgreen's this morning. An assumed mother, father, and child, walked up to the counter to pay for their items. The child looked to be about 4 or 5 years old. He reached up and put his box of chocolates on the counter and said - "Me too". The Walgreen's cashier and I smiled. The cashier appeared to be male. The cashier scanned the box of chocolates and handed them back to the child. The child said, "Thank you sir". My first reaction was, what an awesome kid. Kind, polite, and cute.
My next thought was, imagine someone YELLING at the kid for saying, "Thank you sir" and YELLING back at the kid - "Don't call me sir, I identify as......"

Bottom line is, I try and be respectful of people and what they choose to do and be - as long as I feel it doesn't harm me or others. My hope is if I ever offend someone, they can and will let me know in a RESPECTFUL manner. I feel there are way too many angry and disrespectful people in this country.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:36 am LOL. That may be worse.
I read as "please be kind to your fellow students "
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

This is from a student group. I think the headline and tweet are pretty misleading.

I don't think a student group is THE voice of any university. This wasn't a declaration from the chancellor. It's not some codified university rule on student conduct with consequences.

A group of, likely well intentioned but very naive, students put some dumb shit on their web page, and the university supported their right to do so rather than throwing them under the bus. Much ado about nothing.

The students will grow up and realize this is silly. As silly as trying to turn this into news.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think thats probably fairly accurate PhD. Except 1 thing. They'll either grow up and realize it was silly or they'll grow up and post here as Ousdahl or an Ousdahl sized sock.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:49 pm This is from a student group. I think the headline and tweet are pretty misleading.

I agree that the tweet is misleading -- first and foremost by blurring the lines between trans and nonbinary.

That said, I'm not sure why you say that it's a student group. The link goes to the CU Center for Inclusion and Social Change, which is part of the Office of Diversity, Equity and Community Engagement.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

At the end of the day, such trivial distractions. The hold my beer idiots of the GOP can find shiny objects.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:58 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:49 pm This is from a student group. I think the headline and tweet are pretty misleading.

I agree that the tweet is misleading -- first and foremost by blurring the lines between trans and nonbinary.

That said, I'm not sure why you say that it's a student group. The link goes to the CU Center for Inclusion and Social Change, which is part of the Office of Diversity, Equity and Community Engagement.
From the article in your link:
The webpage you are referencing was created by students, for students.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.