We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:12 pm What is the world coming to?
Nothing beats a home grown tomato fresh off the vine with a little S&P.
^^^*

That being said, what passes for the tomatoes they use on nearly all fast food/sandwiches are wet and tasteless.

Diced tomatoes on tacos are fine because

tacos.

*When I was a kid I can remember walking into the kitchen in the middle of hot summer days and my mother would be sitting there slicing a homegrown tomato to eat it with S&P and cottage cheese for lunch, and I wanted to hurl.
Now, I like both.

I used to feel the same about kids as MjI, but then I became a FP doctor, loved taking care of kids, mothers talk to each other, and pretty soon my practice was hugely kids. Which was much more work for my nurse, because drawing up and giving all those shots and vision and hearing exams etc. takes a lot more time than your average adult.

Taking care of children too young to talk is largely veterinary medicine...
Last edited by Shirley on Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lmao
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Pence got absolutely destroyed by tucker tonight
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:25 pm Pence got absolutely destroyed by tucker tonight
Sorry, I don't feel Pence "got absolutely destroyed". Then again, I'm not someone who would blow Tucker Carlson so maybe I'm wrong?
When Carlson whines and tries to express he's worked up about something he goes in to a falsetto voice - and/or laughs in a bizarre "Joker" type of manner - for what reason/s?
Forgetting that and going back his interview with Pence, I assume you watched all of it. Tell me/us what parts of the interview you felt Carlson "absolutely destroyed" Pence.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

"You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers"
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

defixione wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:48 am "You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers"
Fox became a tool of the WEF several years ago. Not surprising that they would say that.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:02 am
defixione wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:48 am "You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers"
Fox became a tool of the WEF several years ago. Not surprising that they would say that.
Not sure what a WEF is but I think Fox's lawyers said that because Tucker lies. A lot.
Defense. Rebounds.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:06 am
Not sure what a WEF is but I think Fox's lawyers said that because Tucker lies. A lot.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Economic_Forum

Fox fired Tucker because he was getting ready to drop a story about all of the FBI agents embedded in the crowds in the January 6th “Insurrection/Sedition” hoax who were egging people on and luring them into the Capitol. He talked about it in depth on Tim Pool’s and Steven Crowder’s podcasts.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Exactly what I thought you would do - Use a snippet/soundbite and not provide the entire response from Pence on that question/accusation.
Be honest, did you watch the entire interview in which you claim Pence "got absolutely destroyed" by Carlson?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:28 am
jhawks99 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:06 am

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Economic_Forum

Fox fired Tucker because he was getting ready to drop a story about all of the FBI agents embedded in the crowds in the January 6th “Insurrection/Sedition” hoax who were egging people on and luring them into the Capitol. He talked about it in depth on Tim Pool’s and Steven Crowder’s podcasts.
Oh brother!! Do you know what Occam’s Razor is? Have you considered screen writing as a career? You (plural) keep inventing new conspiracy theories to support your baseless earlier conspiracy theories.

Fox fired Carlson because he played no small part in them getting on the hook to shell out $787 million to make one defamation case disappear. Who knows, perhaps getting rid of the defamers was part of the settlement. They are on the verge of other defamation suits, resulting directly from Carlson’s on air shenanigans. One of them involves an allegation regarding an alleged FBI informant and 6 Jan.

So, yes, it’s possible that Fox fired Tucker for his upcoming story about FBI agents and 6 Jan but not for the reasons you think.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

That semi-sentient blazer is grifting you and your fellow rubes. And you hoover up the bait, dutifully.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

No slouchy chairs, though.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:04 am

Exactly what I thought you would do - Use a snippet/soundbite and not provide the entire response from Pence on that question/accusation.
Be honest, did you watch the entire interview in which you claim Pence "got absolutely destroyed" by Carlson?
Are you now defending pence?? Lol. Is that how hard you want to try to argue with me
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:23 am

Are you now defending pence?? Lol. Is that how hard you want to try to argue with me
More than I am defending Pence, I am disagreeing with your claim that Pence "got absolutely destroyed" by Carlson.
On a related note - I often defend people who I feel are unfairly being attacked. Even if I don't care for that person. I don't like Pence but let's say someone accused him of something he didn't do and/or something that didn't happen - I would have no problem defending him.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Pence is the Dems' wet dream of an opponent: bland, non-confrontational, and a lifetime politician who just wants to play the game and retire with his pension.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Pence is awful. He has no chance at getting the republican nomination. I don't think I ever met a person that would want him as president
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Except you did exactly that voting for Trump, who was one hanberder away from eternal flames.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

At this point I’m not sure what could happen - outside of death - that would make Trump anything less than a favorite over the field.

I honestly think incarceration wouldn’t do it at this point. And clearly there is nothing he could say or do that would cause rubes to cut bait.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:00 pm And clearly there is nothing he could say or do that would cause rubes to cut bait.
Run somebody against him who I’d vote for?