Ugh.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:55 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:54 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:37 am

What's sad is that most of them would deny he ever said such a stupid thing even when given a transcript of it as well as the video. "Well, that's not what he really meant"...

And spare me the "but Biden has gaffes, too". This claim has been repeated enough times by enough GOP politicians that it isn't a mistake. They know that those listening don't even care if it's right. They just accept it as right because they "heard it from multiple (lying) sources" and that's good enough to confirm it.
I've never met Trump supporter who would argue that he's not an a-hole. Those who support him are concerned with outcomes. Period. Something Brandon can't run on.
What planet do you live on?
So, in your reality, things are going well in this country?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Aside from raving Nazi antics, yeah. Lowest unemployment ever. Wages are up 6.7% in a nation where there have been several generations of wage depreciation. Inflation is down, despite avian flu making eggs a hard buy for a while there. Ukraine is doing well depleting what was left of the Warsaw Pact arsenal. The border refugee crisis inherited from Trump is down about 70-percent. The U.S. is poised to become the world leader in green energy. New Jersey even agreed to install important wind farms. The things that are wrong with this country are amplified memes of authoritarians designed to scare people who are perpetually angry. But right wingers are dangerous, in control of too much of the government and courts. Look at Florida for a close examination on how to fail as a Republican. It is bad in Florida.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:56 am

I've never met Trump supporter who would argue that he's not an a-hole. Those who support him are concerned with outcomes. Period. Something Brandon can't run on.
Right now......
Some things, yes.
Some things have never been worse in this country - in my lifetime.

In regards to your previous post, here is my response.
In my "reality" there are a whole bunch of Trump supporters who feel he is NOT an asshole.
In my "reality" there are a whole bunch of Trump supporters who couldn't give a flying fuck about "outcomes".
Period.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:06 pm

Right now......
Some things, yes.
Some things have never been worse in this country - in my lifetime.

In regards to your previous post, here is my response.
In my "reality" there are a whole bunch of Trump supporters who feel he is NOT an asshole.
In my "reality" there are a whole bunch of Trump supporters who couldn't give a flying fuck about "outcomes".
Period.
Sounds as if we associate with different people who see things differently.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:37 am
Feral wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:58 am How can anyone with a brain vote for someone this ignorant?

"...eight, nine, ten months after birth..."

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1677 ... wsrc%5Etfw
What's sad is that most of them would deny he ever said such a stupid thing even when given a transcript of it as well as the video. "Well, that's not what he really meant"...

And spare me the "but Biden has gaffes, too". This claim has been repeated enough times by enough GOP politicians that it isn't a mistake. They know that those listening don't even care if it's right. They just accept it as right because they "heard it from multiple (lying) sources" and that's good enough to confirm it.
I am betting that there are way more reasons than just one that they support him. But it's liberals who pigeon hole all Trump voters into simple buckets, OK.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Some things are going very well and some things need to be fixed/improved. The same could be said at just abut any point in time.

I feel that the Trump administration added a lot more things to the list of things that need to be fixed/improved than before he went into office and that his list of things he wants to accomplish roll us backwards, not forwards on the progression forward for the country. I do not want to go back in time to where non-heterosexuals, non-whites, non-males and non-Christians have less rights that straight, white, male Christians and I do not want the Bible to be the basis for education in this country. Trumps's platform is not one of progress; it is one of regression to a time where All Men were not actually treated as Equal.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

unemployment is not the lowest in history....

it is very low though...almost too low....too low is actually inflationary.

inflation is lower...yes...but lower than what? the record highs from a year ago?
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

unemployment is lowest it’s been since the ‘60s, but yes, not the lowest ever

inflation rates around the world:

US: 4.93%

UK: 7.82%
Sweden: 10.47%
Spain: 4.1%
South Africa: 7.12%
Poland: 15.25%
Norway: 6.67%
New Zealand: 6.65%
Netherlands: 6.06%
Japan: 3.35%
Italy: 8.16%
Israel: 5.05%
Ireland: 6.63%
Germany: 7.17%
France: 5.88%
Denmark: 2.93%
China: 0.1% ( :lol: )
Canada: 4.41%

“Europe”: 8.66%

is it good? obviously not

but, if you’re gonna blame Biden you’ve also got to give him credit where/when due
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Unemployment is the lowest in history by modern measure. Not to quibble, but this is the age of necessary two income families. Thanks in no small part to the Reagan Revolution of stagnant wages.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:38 pm unemployment is lowest it’s been since the ‘60s, but yes, not the lowest ever

but, if you’re gonna blame Biden you’ve also got to give him credit where/when due
its interesting how they calculate and define inflation over the years....they conveniently leave out things like fuel, food, and energy....which....are pretty vital to my budget calculations....
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:50 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:38 pm unemployment is lowest it’s been since the ‘60s, but yes, not the lowest ever

its interesting how they calculate and define inflation over the years....they conveniently leave out things like fuel, food, and energy....which....are pretty vital to my budget calculations....
That has always been a good quibble. War and pandemic has a way of sucking, stats or not
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

A $20 gift card for only $1.00?

Hey Doug, tell us you're desperate to bribe at least 40,000 individuals to contribute to your campaign to make it onto the republican debate stage, without telling us you're desperate to bribe 40,000 people to get onto the republican debate stage:

https://twitter.com/HarrisonKrank/statu ... wsrc%5Etfw
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think I see a pattern:

https://twitter.com/FrancisSuarez/statu ... wsrc%5Etfw
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

wait…an immigrant getting rich off of hard-earned tax-payer money?

OuTrAgE!!
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:51 pm Chris Christie isn't buying it:

https://twitter.com/GovChristie/status/ ... wsrc%5Etfw
I think, broadly, one of the more disappointing things is just how LITTLE it takes to induce people to do the wrong thing.

So, so, so many people have found themselves tangled up in the grift, for such (big-picture) inconsequential money.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

In my treatise on evil, there is only one sin precipitating all the others: Selfishness. It spins into a "gyre" of narcissism and destroys all around it and the intellect of its adherents. Selfish enough, one can justify doing anything to other people. It is an easy moral hazard to sell. It is based on the cycle of life and fear of death. Accumulating and attacking. Conversely, there is altruism and humility that seeks to build. One reason I am a Christian is the knowledge that it is the most productive way to live without expectation of reward. If we lived by the Golden Rule, and writ large we do not--more along the lines of the selfish philosophy of Libertarianism--we would do well. The pendulum of pain in this country is correlative with the balance between altruism and humility and selfishness. The last three years have been much better than the daily crises needed to keep people distracted when Trump was ascendant. For those in the selfishness death spiral, there is no convincing them of that. But we try. Boats against the current, trying to help those who can no longer see the light. At the end of the dock or elsewhere.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

https://twitter.com/MarylouMFerrara/sta ... wsrc%5Etfw

Verified = cast by a white person

If it must be verified, then it can be easily thrown out. Like in Texas.

It's a mechanism by which they can claim to not count votes they don't want to count.

How do you verify a secret ballot?

Every "legal" vote
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Feral wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:15 am https://twitter.com/MarylouMFerrara/sta ... wsrc%5Etfw

Verified = cast by a white person

If it must be verified, then it can be easily thrown out. Like in Texas.

It's a mechanism by which they can claim to not count votes they don't want to count.

How do you verify a secret ballot?

Every "legal" vote
You’ll have to forgive us for not being okay with having another election stolen.