Uncle Joe

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by MICHHAWK »

extremely high prices for everything is uncle joes new world order.

extremely high prices for everything is good enough for europe and we all know how uncle joe wants to turn us into europe.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We just bought a house a month ago. We'd lost on several bids and ended up paying asking price for the one we're in. Good house, great neighborhood.

Rise, home prices, rise.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:10 pm do you need a tissue?
For one thing or another, yes, he does.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

tOo BaD aMeRiCaNs Is ToO dUmB tO rEcOgNiZe JoE's GrEaTnEsS.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I point out the obvious, that biden's economy isn't some masterpiece like you 2 idiots seem to believe, and you respond with the insult an 8 year old would use

So productive
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:16 pm We just bought a house a month ago. We'd lost on several bids and ended up paying asking price for the one we're in. Good house, great neighborhood.

Rise, home prices, rise.
Thats lovely if you're just selling off an extra home. But. If you have to buy a new one you're right back to square one. And if you're a young adult looking to buy their first house, the economy seems absolutely fucked
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:10 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:16 pm We just bought a house a month ago. We'd lost on several bids and ended up paying asking price for the one we're in. Good house, great neighborhood.

Rise, home prices, rise.
Thats lovely if you're just selling off an extra home. But. If you have to buy a new one you're right back to square one. And if you're a young adult looking to buy their first house, the economy seems absolutely fucked
I would suggest that young people's experience in this economy cannot logically be laid at Biden's feet; who benefited from Trump's massive tax giveaways? Not young people generally, that's for sure. Who benefits from the R court's blocking of limited forgiveness of student loan debt? Not young people generally, that's for sure.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i would suggest that if the young people want to be homeowners they should go to work. save money. buy the starter home. like we all did.

there was no gov't giveaway that funded my down payment.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Rise, home prices, rise.
Young people might have to gasp... make some sacrifices to save money for a down payment.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:09 pm
I point out the obvious, that biden's economy isn't some masterpiece like you 2 idiots seem to believe, and you respond with the insult an 8 year old would use

So productive
nobody said it was a masterpiece, dipshit

i use insults you can understand, which you demonstrated so well as being the right approach
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i like how housing prices, which have been a growing issue since ~2008, is somehow Biden’s fault
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

and you wonder why no one wants to engage you in thoughtful discussion.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

and since 2008 uncle joe is the common denominator.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:33 pm and you wonder why no one wants to engage you in thoughtful discussion.
quit being a fucking victim

i’ve given you, randy, and dolo ample opportunity to engage in reasonable discussion

you’ve all failed, and continue to do so, proving that it’s a wasted effort on my part

that’s why you get the vitriol and name-calling…that’s all you’ve earned and deserve
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:28 pm i would suggest that if the young people want to be homeowners they should go to work. save money. buy the starter home. like we all did.

Tell me, what did college cost for you? Feel free to adjust for inflation.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:28 pm i would suggest that if the young people want to be homeowners they should go to work. save money. buy the starter home. like we all did.

I agree. But it was much easier to do that in the past than it is now. Same with rent. Rent and housing costs have skyrocketed over the past few decades
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:19 pm

Rise, home prices, rise.
I would suggest that young people's experience in this economy cannot logically be laid at Biden's feet; who benefited from Trump's massive tax giveaways? Not young people generally, that's for sure. Who benefits from the R court's blocking of limited forgiveness of student loan debt? Not young people generally, that's for sure.
Tax cuts benefit the people, tax increases just means more wasted dollars in the governments hands. And apparently Ukraine or whichever other coutries hands. A lot of companies that got those tax breaks did offer raises and bonuses to employees down the food chain. Tax increases leads to cost increases, which also punishes the people
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If a business is used to making a certain amount of money, increasing their taxes doesn't mean they make less money. It means their prices inflate to make up for lost revenue. Raising taxes does not help people. It hurts people. It means the price of commodities goes up

The only thing that raising taxes benefits is lining the governments pockets. And there is no way to justify that being good for the American people
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:20 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:19 pm

Tax cuts benefit the people, tax increases just means more wasted dollars in the governments hands. And apparently Ukraine or whichever other coutries hands. A lot of companies that got those tax breaks did offer raises and bonuses to employees down the food chain. Tax increases leads to cost increases, which also punishes the people
I would love for trickle-down tax policy to work. I would prefer that it work.

But I am not aware of any objective, empirical evidence that it works at scale.

Are you?

If so, I'd be glad to see that evidence.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:22 pm If a business is used to making a certain amount of money, increasing their taxes doesn't mean they make less money. It means their prices inflate to make up for lost revenue. Raising taxes does not help people. It hurts people. It means the price of commodities goes up

The only thing that raising taxes benefits is lining the governments pockets. And there is no way to justify that being good for the American people
Well of course there are ways to justify taxes being good for the American people. However, people like you are religiously (figuratively AND literally) opposed to nearly any semblance of a social safety net, or government being the provider of services it is uniquely best-positioned to provide.