Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by Shirley »

I would buy something with Trump's mugshot on it for posterity, if Trump wouldn't make $ off of it.

I'd love to have one those t-shirts with N__a on it too, although I'm not sure what I would/could do with it.
Last edited by Shirley on Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Seems like a fine idea, but I hang around with too many folks who will wear this stuff unironically.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:05 pm Seems like a fine idea, but I hang around with too many folks who will wear this stuff unironically.
I always thought you lived in Tx, then recently got the idea you live in KC.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: The dog(s) who caught the car:

Abortion was the subject republican presidential candidates spent the most time on at the debate.
How shrewd of them.

In response to Wednesday's first Republican primary debate the Biden Harris 2024 reelection campaign is out this morning with a new ad titled "These Guys," highlighting the topic of abortion.

https://youtu.be/1M_IQBVeUIw?si=w2t9gYmFbRdl3_ZH
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

They are malign with no character. It is why they are so dangerous. They honestly don't care about anything but power. Empty suits enforcing cruelty.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:41 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:44 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:37 am

Huh?

I dunno bro, considering how quickly the majority of Americans have gleefully chugged the “stand with Ukraine” propaganda, I think the US actually being invaded would bring the folks together even faster than 9/11 did.
Defunding Ukraine was a major talking point in the last GOP Presidential Debate and our continued support of them has been a consistent complaint by most GOP politicians. It has not brough the nation together at all.

But yes, if the US itself was invaded then that would be entirely different.
Bear in mind tho, this debate is pushing two years after the war started.

When it did first start, there was a hell of a lot of yellow and blue flags flying high, and still are.

And tho pub politicians are casting doubt now, pretty sure pubs as a whole have overwhelmingly voted in lock step with the war machine when it’s come to more lethal aid for Ukraine.
There should be nothing wrong with asking for the estimated time frame of the plan as it relates to Ukraine. I think there should be auditing that is regularly monitored and reported to the public. But the GOP mostly just wants to do the opposite of what Dems want or have done. It's just so vulgar and crass. There's no thought applied to it.

I'd like us to shake loose of this toxicity and return to a more civil and respectful baseline. People are just lathered up looking to fight. There are people who can't handle this volume of pollution to their brains and bodies. You throw a cocktail of some form of man made pharmaceuticals in the mix and you have yourself a low security insane asylum.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

fuck yeah!

I haven't done this in a while, but I'm doing it now:

POTD twocoach

with that said, and since it's apparently no longer Russian propaganda to ask:

.....soooooooo......

what's the estimated time frame of the plan as it relates to Ukraine?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ous: you do sound like an R/T wetdream. Ukraine is poised for a breakthrough. They stand for everything you espouse in the main. And yet you keep apologizing for genocide. It is apalling.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Republicans are sleepwalking (zombie walking) toward disaster. This number won’t go DOWN as it becomes apparent that The Defendant has no meaningful factual or legal defenses (and indeed cannot whip people up with lies because doing so actually, finally, exposes him further).

https://twitter.com/mikesington/status/ ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

One word jfish26: Hunter's laptop.

/thread
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

they may be legit. but I don’t think they are serious.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Shirley wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:04 pm I would buy something with Trump's mugshot on it for posterity, if Trump wouldn't make $ off of it.

I'd love to have one those t-shirts with N__a on it too, although I'm not sure what I would/could do with it.
I will send you the t-shirt if you want one. But you do have to post the image on a wall in Florida as well.

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Nice job!

But, posting that on a wall in Florida is likely to get you killed. The state is replete with cult members too ignorant to know when someone is making a fool out of them and stealing them blind.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:04 pm I would buy something with Trump's mugshot on it for posterity, if Trump wouldn't make $ off of it.

Apparently a lot of people wanted the same thing. Trump is $7 million richer and counting, per Politico: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/2 ... g-00113118
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Not rich enough to pay his own $200k in bail, though?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:15 am

Apparently a lot of people wanted the same thing. Trump is $7 million richer and counting, per Politico: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/2 ... g-00113118
I am curious. What percentage of people who have bought MAGA hats bought them because they support Trump and MAGA and bought them to actually wear and what percentage of people bought them more as a novelty/"collectors item"?

I would guess 56/44
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If continuing to uncover the crimes committed by Trump raises him to cult status then that just proves our entire point. This isn't about right and wrong. This isn't some big conspiracy to overthrow our way of life. It's just some overgrown adult toddlers lashing out for not getting what they want. They dress it up in whatever shiny constitutional gift wrap they can find on the internet but that's all it is.