Today In: FAFO

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Today In: FAFO

Post by Shirley »

mjl2 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:19 pmBy what metric?
Psych, like "conservative" republicans in general, has never recovered from that time Obama wore a tan suit:

https://flic.kr/p/2oYTJyR
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:27 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:08 pm
JKLivin wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:31 pm

As if what is happening now isn’t ridiculous? Hope is powerful medicine.
You overdramatize the Democratic failures and minimize the Trump Party's criminal behavior so I can see why you think they are in some way comparable. It's embarrassing what you're trying to pull off right out in the open. We all see it for what it is. You can keep shucking this same corny BS that reads like the cast of Jersey Shore trying to recreate The Godfather and keep trying to convince yourself that "it's basically the same" but you're lying to yourself over and over and you know it.
If you can’t see the shit show we are living in the middle of, then there’s not much I can do to help you.
But that's the problem. The real shit show is enough and should be called out. The BS that your overdramatizing of things calls part of the shit show is just lies and noise meant to make it look worse so you can support a scumbag liar who has fleeced the nation and caused irreparable harm. And there is so much focus on selling the lies that the GOP never even tries to focus on fixing any of the real problems. It's making it worse, not better.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you do know there is a dirt old democrat sitting in the big boy chair. so if you're laying blame look no further. the buck stops there.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:33 am you do know there is a dirt old democrat sitting in the big boy chair. so if you're laying blame look no further. the buck stops there.
LAZY take
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:24 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:08 pm

You overdramatize the Democratic failures and minimize the Trump Party's criminal behavior so I can see why you think they are in some way comparable. It's embarrassing what you're trying to pull off right out in the open. We all see it for what it is. You can keep shucking this same corny BS that reads like the cast of Jersey Shore trying to recreate The Godfather and keep trying to convince yourself that "it's basically the same" but you're lying to yourself over and over and you know it.
If you can’t see the shit show we are living in the middle of, then there’s not much I can do to help you.
But that's the problem. The real shit show is enough and should be called out. The BS that your overdramatizing of things calls part of the shit show is just lies and noise meant to make it look worse so you can support a scumbag liar who has fleeced the nation and caused irreparable harm. And there is so much focus on selling the lies that the GOP never even tries to focus on fixing any of the real problems. It's making it worse, not better.
I would argue that I am not overdramatizing. Inflation is out of control and, speaking of BS, is being reported as much lower than what is being experienced by the average person. Gas prices are skyrocketing, as are utility costs. The infrastructure is a wreck. Food prices are ridiculous. We are overrun by illegal immigrants. Major cities have turned into lawless homeless encampments. It is, by definition, a shit show, not the America I grew up with, and it's not okay.

I don't see Brandon doing anything to mitigate the problem. Instead, he's pumping billions into Ukraine, talking about forcing people to buy electric vehicles that would ostensibly be charged on an electric grid that can't stay up under normal circumstances, and musing that we need to go back to the good old days of mask mandates and COVID lockdowns. Shit. Show.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if he's not up for the job we can find someone that is.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:38 am

I would argue that I am not overdramatizing. Inflation is out of control and, speaking of BS, is being reported as much lower than what is being experienced by the average person. Gas prices are skyrocketing, as are utility costs. The infrastructure is a wreck. Food prices are ridiculous. We are overrun by illegal immigrants. Major cities have turned into lawless homeless encampments. It is, by definition, a shit show, not the America I grew up with, and it's not okay.

I don't see Brandon doing anything to mitigate the problem. Instead, he's pumping billions into Ukraine, talking about forcing people to buy electric vehicles that would ostensibly be charged on an electric grid that can't stay up under normal circumstances, and musing that we need to go back to the good old days of mask mandates and COVID lockdowns. Shit. Show.
Inflation is not out of control. It's just higher than preferred. Biden's moves have kept it from spiraling out of control.
Gas prices are not skyrocketing. They are experiencing the same ebb and flow they always do. Amazing how the cost always flows up at the end of summer through Labor Day and then magically ebbs back down, isn't it? Biden has worked to push oil companies to produce record amounts this year to help control prices.
The infrastructure is not a mess at all. The last administration did little to improve it but Biden has done a lot with a lot more still on the plan to be addressed.
Utility prices are reacting to gas prices and to the record number of problems caused by global warming induced natural disasters. They are also notoriously cheap and hesitant to replace old equipment and the longer you wait, the more expensive and complicated it gets and the more vulnerable the equipment gets in previously mentioned natural disasters.
We are not overrun by illegal immigrants. There are changes that need to be made that need Congress to make them but the GOP will not work in any sort of good faith effort to make those changes because they want the problem to continue so they can continue to complain about it. It's not in their best interest to fix the problem.
Parts of major cities have always been homeless encampments. Do we need more of our tax monies to be spent on addressing the problem? YES, but people like you who only want their tax dollars spent on things that directly impact them in a positive manner and don't like to see money go to those beneath them in society.

Biden doesn't want to force anyone to have to buy an electric vehicle. It is simply a stated goal of having 50 percent of all new vehicle sales be electric by 2030. No one would be forcing you to buy anything. It just means that car companies are going to have to keep increasing the number of electric offerings and the industry will need to continue to support electric charging station compatibility that works for the masses. And he isn't musing over going back to masks.

Every single sentence of your post was overly dramatic.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:39 am if he's not up for the job we can find someone that is.
Not out of that pool of grifters and sycophants the GOP has put out there.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:59 am

Inflation is not out of control. It's just higher than preferred. Biden's moves have kept it from spiraling out of control.
Gas prices are not skyrocketing. They are experiencing the same ebb and flow they always do. Amazing how the cost always flows up at the end of summer through Labor Day and then magically ebbs back down, isn't it? Biden has worked to push oil companies to produce record amounts this year to help control prices.
The infrastructure is not a mess at all. The last administration did little to improve it but Biden has done a lot with a lot more still on the plan to be addressed.
Utility prices are reacting to gas prices and to the record number of problems caused by global warming induced natural disasters. They are also notoriously cheap and hesitant to replace old equipment and the longer you wait, the more expensive and complicated it gets and the more vulnerable the equipment gets in previously mentioned natural disasters.
We are not overrun by illegal immigrants. There are changes that need to be made that need Congress to make them but the GOP will not work in any sort of good faith effort to make those changes because they want the problem to continue so they can continue to complain about it. It's not in their best interest to fix the problem.
Parts of major cities have always been homeless encampments. Do we need more of our tax monies to be spent on addressing the problem? YES, but people like you who only want their tax dollars spent on things that directly impact them in a positive manner and don't like to see money go to those beneath them in society.

Biden doesn't want to force anyone to have to buy an electric vehicle. It is simply a stated goal of having 50 percent of all new vehicle sales be electric by 2030. No one would be forcing you to buy anything. It just means that car companies are going to have to keep increasing the number of electric offerings and the industry will need to continue to support electric charging station compatibility that works for the masses. And he isn't musing over going back to masks.

I say this as respectfully as possible: you are choosing to be a sheep.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

It must be cathartic to reveal to everyone once and for all that you're just as delusional* as Randy.

Living in a state of anticipatory hysteria due to the liberal boogieman de jure manufactured by your puppet masters, whether it's Benghazi, Obama taking away all your guns, Drag Queens molesting children, unplugging grandma, or being "overrun by illegal immigrants" when there are 8.8 million job openings currently in the US, can't be easy.

Maybe, give yourself a break?

"A man who suffers before it is necessary, suffers more than is necessary." – Seneca

Which is a compliment to Aristotle’s quote, “Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil.”

I hope you feel better.

*delusional - characterized by or holding false beliefs or judgments about external reality that are held despite incontrovertible evidence to the contrary...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you forgot hillary
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:12 am

Sorry that I refuse to make everything more dramatic than it really is.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:24 am

It must be cathartic to reveal to everyone once and for all that you're just as delusional* as Randy.

Living in a state of anticipatory hysteria due to the liberal boogieman de jure manufactured by your puppet masters, whether it's Benghazi, Obama taking away all your guns, Drag Queens molesting children, unplugging grandma, or being "overrun by illegal immigrants" when there are 8.8 million job openings currently in the US, can't be easy.

Maybe, give yourself a break?

"A man who suffers before it is necessary, suffers more than is necessary." – Seneca

Which is a compliment to Aristotle’s quote, “Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil.”

I hope you feel better.

*delusional - characterized by or holding false beliefs or judgments about external reality that are held despite incontrovertible evidence to the contrary...
Um . . . okay. I'm not sure what to do with that, since I mentioned none of those things, aside from the illegals. Job openings don't address the strain on the social welfare state, the police, emergency services, and hospital systems, the infrastructure, and the school systems, all of which are overloaded with people who are not paying taxes to support them.

As to the rest, again, I must shrug and hope your day gets better.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 am

I think you're lowering your expectations in order to alleviate the cognitive dissonance you're experiencing. I, for one, expect better of my country.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it's all a part of the democrat party's plan to slowly turn us into europe. they think we don't notice.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:59 am it's all a part of the democrat party's plan to slowly turn us into europe. they think we don't notice.
Out of curiosity - have you been to Europe?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:54 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 am

I think you're lowering your expectations in order to alleviate the cognitive dissonance you're experiencing. I, for one, expect better of my country.
I too expect "better" of the nation and the government. But the only way to achieve "better" is to be honest about what the current state is. You aren't doing that. You're complaining about a problem and offering no path to a solution, which is one of the more annoying pet peeves I have.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:59 am it's all a part of the democrat party's plan to slowly turn us into europe. they think we don't notice.
Eh, no. It isn't that at all. We're already well ahead of Europe in the grand scheme of things and there are no nations even remotely comparable to the US in size of land mass and scale of economy. I'd just like to see this country continue to try to be a more improved version of itself.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:04 am
Eh, no. It isn't that at all. We're already well ahead of Europe in the grand scheme of things and there are no nations even remotely comparable to the US in size of land mass and scale of economy. I'd just like to see this country continue to try to be a more improved version of itself.
The US has every conceivable advantage. We should be looking to take the good parts of what other countries do, and do them better.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:09 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:04 am
The US has every conceivable advantage. We should be looking to take the good parts of what other countries do, and do them better.
Lots of improvements have been made but many more remain. If we could get the lunatics to stop voting idiots and grifters into important Congressional positions, we could get more done.