Satellite Question

You Love It.
ousdahl

Re: Satellite Question

Post by ousdahl »

get in a twist...you mean like, a Windsor knot?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Is TJ there?
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:56 am man what a live blog.

so who won?

lemme guess:

did it end in a tie?
Wow.
Maybe ousdahls best post this year.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Live blog.
Shuttle bus bringing wedding attendees to winery in Malibu got stuck on a mountain road.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Live blog.
Did a 6 mile trail run in the Santa Monica mountains today and now am treating myself to Jack and cokes via room service and don’t feel “guilty” because of the hike and, because, you know I can’t go to the reception.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:51 pm Live blog.
Shuttle bus bringing wedding attendees to winery in Malibu got stuck on a mountain road.
qas the winery at burning man?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:06 pm Live blog.
Did a 6 mile trail run in the Santa Monica mountains today and now am treating myself to Jack and cokes via room service and don’t feel “guilty” because of the hike and, because, you know I can’t go to the reception.
careful i vaguely remember getting my ass chewed out for having whiskey while watching the little ones. I probably deserved it. I mean I wasn't going crazy....but yea...i get it now.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The bro in law is in the other room.
It’s just me and mini BUD and she’s crashed.
I had two Jack and cokes for 30 bucks.

In other live blog news, we went out to lunch today and some Cali couple who were in their 50s and likely never had or were gonna have kids were bothered because we let our kids lose on the empty half of the outdoor patio and they were having serious fun and laughing. They didn’t come within ten feet of any other table. There was a freeway and bubbling outdoor water fountain as background noise.

This was a deli type place - I’d say the same caliber as a Johnnys Tavern - except twice as expensive.

As they left the guy said right to our table “aye aye aye” ( that how you spell it? ) as if we had lost control of our kids and was letting us know how bad we were.

I’ve found now, obviously, that I fucking hate people who hate kids and are vocal about it to the parents. If you hate kids, I get it, but keep it to yourself. You were a kid at some point too. Get over yourself.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I hope you winked at him.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:13 am Live blog.
The mother of the bride doesn’t want ties at the wedding.
Her ex ( father of the bride ) is insisting on wearing a tie.

Who will win?
No offense pdub but this sure comes off as a fucked up family.
They are debating/deciding this right before the wedding?
Who SHOULD win is/are the bride and groom and what they would like in regards to ties.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:08 pm The bro in law is in the other room.
It’s just me and mini BUD and she’s crashed.
I had two Jack and cokes for 30 bucks.

In other live blog news, we went out to lunch today and some Cali couple who were in their 50s and likely never had or were gonna have kids were bothered because we let our kids lose on the empty half of the outdoor patio and they were having serious fun and laughing. They didn’t come within ten feet of any other table. There was a freeway and bubbling outdoor water fountain as background noise.

This was a deli type place - I’d say the same caliber as a Johnnys Tavern - except twice as expensive.

As they left the guy said right to our table “aye aye aye” ( that how you spell it? ) as if we had lost control of our kids and was letting us know how bad we were.

I’ve found now, obviously, that I fucking hate people who hate kids and are vocal about it to the parents. If you hate kids, I get it, but keep it to yourself. You were a kid at some point too. Get over yourself.
How do you know they were a Cali couple?

If it really bothered the guy and he waited UNTIL THEY LEFT to say something to you then he's a pussy, an idiot, and an asshole. We are all different but it it really bothered me I would have said something to the manager/owner of the restaurant DURING the meal to avoid direct confrontation with you. If the manager decided your kids were fine, I would accept it. If the manager decided your kids were acting/behaving inappropriately in a manner which was severely disturbing other patrons, then my hope is he/she would have addressed you and you would have respected that and done something about it.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No offense taken.
I think you could safely say the brides side is FU money type people with the FU bolded.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There was one half of the outdoor patio just completely empty. They were running around there. We were the last table on the edge of this empty part. And it was so loud there you could barely hear them giggling.

We definitely wouldn’t have let them run around an area with people there.

So the only thing that would bother you is seeing the kids and knowing they were having fun in this not fancy deli like restaurant.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I'm 100% on your side with the restaurant situation and had I been there as in independent diner I would have said something to the other guy such as I'm sorry someone pissed in your pool today.
Sucks when you and your kids are enjoying a meal and someone needs to be an asshole about it.

Sorry you're dealing with all this but seems you are taking it all in stride the best you can.
Thankfully for your sake you will be back to normality soon.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Malibu is just so far opposite of the place I’d want to live in so many ways.

I’ll mark this area checked off the list and try very hard never to return.

Also I didn’t know they were a couple but assumed so given how close they were sitting ( moved their chair to sit by each other ).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Live blog.
Disaster.
When I earlier asked for Heaven to help us all, Heaven must not have listened.

I’m just imaging a world where people listened to me and how much better it all would have been.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Can I steal those two lines for song lyrics?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Live blog.
Moved out of the hotel to an Airbnb for these next two nights to extend our stay.
Within the first ten minutes MIL starts taking down artwork off the walls because she didn’t like how it looked.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Live blog.
Some people at the wedding tested positive for Covid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What didn’t you like about Malibu?