Uncle Joe

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by ousdahl »

Wait.

What clean energy policies?

That’s data the White House rarely trumpets since it contradicts Biden’s 2020 campaign pledge to end new drilling on federal land, something his administration has not done.

And wait.

What significant come-down in prices?

“We remain focused on prices for American consumers, and prices have come down significantly since last year,” a spokesperson for the White House National Security Council said

(Just this morning paid close to $5/gallon)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:28 amGood lord.
As bright as you are, you’d come across as even brighter if you’d put yer brain power toward some actually constructive contribution, instead of putting it toward the same old anti-woke own the libs shtick
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

uncle joe is a one term due to age.

can you imagine him a year from now. it's going to be sad.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:14 am uncle joe is a one term due to age.

Then maybe your preferred party should have got rid of its orange tumor when it had a chance.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Meh, rather than scapegoating Trump, dems could always just try offering a candidate and/or platform with more popular support
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:11 pm Pitiful. This guy is an absolute fraud. And thinks he's a lord of this country and the American people are beneath him. Anyone voting for him should be ashamed of themselves
https://twitter.com/RickyDoggin/status/ ... ienrg&s=19
Glad to see him call that guy out. The old "you're going to diminish our 2A rights and take away our guns" shit is flat out not true and he was rightly told that he's full of shit.

What's funny is that you whine about "wokeness" but then you complain that Biden didn't just given some politically correct polite answer.
Last edited by twocoach on Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:23 am Meh, rather than scapegoating Trump, dems could always just try offering a candidate and/or platform with more popular support
This has, ah, nothing to do with MICH's point or my response.

There is not a single person the Ds could run that would garner MICH's support. However, the bitch of it for MICH is that the party he does support (despite him not really knowing what it is anymore) is nearly certain to run someone who is nearly as old - and by accounts and appearances, not nearly in as good condition - as the D candidate he despises.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Trump is maybe my third choice of all the current presidential candidates. This idea that I simp for him is horseshit

But when comparing trump and Biden, I'll take trump every single time
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:27 am I’ve been as critical of Biden as anyone.

But yea, at least he restored the veneer of respect for the institutions he took an oath to serve.

That’s what separates Biden (and the Clintons, and the Obamas, etc) from Trump.

Even if they’re up to something a little fishy, they still do it with that veneer.

With Trump, he really only serves himself. He’ll shamelessly shit all over anything and anyone, if he thinks it’ll gain him even the slightest personal advantage. That’s what continues to get him into so much trouble now.

For the life of me, I struggle to understand how more people - particularly Randy - not only fail to see through Trump’s crooked bullshit, but simp so hard for him at that.

I guess that’s a consequence of thinking the best way to understand these things is through the lens of partisanship (own the libs) and scapegoating historically oppressed demographics (immigrants, trans, etc), rather than through some broader lens of class struggles.

Randy, you’re so close! Lemme know when you’re ready to jump down Qusdahl’s rabbit hole. But until then, bro be aware you’re getting played like a fiddle.
That's a long winded way of saying they are groomed to be politically correct smooth talking politicians and trump does not care to be politically correct

There's a reason it's called politically correct. Because there is a difference between what's politically correct and what is actually correct/realisitic
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Unfortunately (to me) at this moment the plan is that Joe will NOT be a one term President. Age being ONE of the factors in my feeling that way.

I have felt "it" was sad years ago. The man earned the right to remove himself from politics and enjoy the rest of his life. I feel he didn't run for President when he should have and then he was sort of suckered in to running because he felt he owed it to the Dems. To me, he already paid his dues.
Of course there is plenty he deserves to be ridiculed for but it's sad (again - to me) this man faces constant ridicule for things he doesn't deserve to be ridiculed for.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:30 am Trump is maybe my third choice of all the current presidential candidates. This idea that I simp for him is horseshit

But when comparing trump and Biden, I'll take trump every single time
And this represents poor judgment. But, that's your prerogative.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:56 am
Shirley wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:30 am Sure, Nancy's:

The U.S. is pumping oil faster than ever. Republicans don’t care.

8/28/23

GOP presidential candidates are blaming pump prices on President Joe Biden’s clean energy policies, even though the U.S. is churning out record amounts of oil...
Just example 32,734 of why the administration needs to simply do the work of governing. There is not, at present, even an appetite for reality on much-to-most of the other side. Biden = bad, and that's the end of it.
There is no republican party, there's the Trump cult. All they have is grievances which attracts dumbassess like Randy and Mich, but they have no governing policies.

For evidence one need only look at WTF Tuberville is doing to our armed forces. Why Mitch, et al, haven't reined him in and ended this wholly unAmerican Christo-Fascist virtue-signaling, is beyond me.

Meanwhile, back to simply doing the work of governing:

The economy under President Biden remains unbelievably resilient despite the best efforts of the Fed to cool it down by raising interest rates 11 times over a 16-month period since March of 2022, from 0.25-0.50 to 5.25-5.50%. Pro tip: That's a lot!

To wit: People filing initial jobless claims came in lower than expected this morning, raising fears the Fed might have to raise interest rates even higher in an effort to keep inflation down, because the economy is so strong.

https://twitter.com/MacroMicroMe/status ... 7924255043
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:36 am

Unfortunately (to me) at this moment the plan is that Joe will NOT be a one term President. Age being ONE of the factors in my feeling that way.

I have felt "it" was sad years ago. The man earned the right to remove himself from politics and enjoy the rest of his life. I feel he didn't run for President when he should have and then he was sort of suckered in to running because he felt he owed it to the Dems. To me, he already paid his dues.
Of course there is plenty he deserves to be ridiculed for but it's sad (again - to me) this man faces constant ridicule for things he doesn't deserve to be ridiculed for.
Biden ran for president in 1988, 2008, and 2020.

Pray tell, when, in your opinion, "should" he have run?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:47 am

Biden ran for president in 1988, 2008, and 2020.

Pray tell, when, in your opinion, "should" he have run?
Frankly, a part of me wondered whether he ran in 2020 because he felt that it was somehow his destiny or even entitlement to win this career capstone.

And maybe there is some, or maybe a lot, of truth in that.

But I have felt that his actual energy has been terrific, and that he has carried himself in a manner consistent with the values he ran on (see his unrequited warmth toward McConnell and undeserved grace toward DeSantis).
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Shirley wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:43 am
Shirley wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:30 am Sure, Nancy's:

The U.S. is pumping oil faster than ever. Republicans don’t care.

8/28/23

GOP presidential candidates are blaming pump prices on President Joe Biden’s clean energy policies, even though the U.S. is churning out record amounts of oil...
Just example 32,734 of why the administration needs to simply do the work of governing. There is not, at present, even an appetite for reality on much-to-most of the other side. Biden = bad, and that's the end of it.
There is no republican party, there's the Trump cult. All they have is grievances which attracts dumbassess like Randy and Mich, but they have no governing policies.

For evidence one need only look at WTF Tuberville is doing to our armed forces. Why Mitch, et al, haven't reined him in and ended this wholly unAmerican Christo-Fascist virtue-signaling, is beyond me.

The economy under President Biden remains unbelievably resilient despite the best efforts of the Fed to cool it down by raising interest rates 11 times over a 16-month period since March of 2022, from 0.25-0.50 to 5.25-5.50%. Pro tip: That's a lot!

To wit: People filing initial jobless claims came in lower than expected this morning, raising fears the Fed might have to raise interest rates even higher in an effort to keep inflation down, because the economy is so strong.

Bullshit. I could give you a long list of policy and ideological changes I'd like to see
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Earneddd??????

LOL.

Biden has been a corrupt career politician for 50 years. He got filthy rich by fucking over the American people for half a century
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:22 am
Shirley wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:43 am

Bullshit. I could give you a long list of policy and ideological changes I'd like to see
I’ll be your huckleberry. Tell me about the policy changes. Be specific!
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Tax cuts. Limit government spending. Stop insider trading by politicians. Secure our border. Stop incentivizing illegal immigration with handouts. Protect 1st amendment rights. And 2nd amendment. Stop sending American tax dollars overseas. Stop subsidizing wind energy. Abolish the department of education. Bring jobs and production back to America, end our dependence on China. End the patriot act. Stop funding gain of function research

Sever our ties to corrupt agenda driven agencies, like the WEF, WHO etc
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

age/term limits.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:45 am age/term limits.
Yessss