Chiefs 2023

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by Sparko »

The gambling money is soooo much it makes me doubt the integrity of a game like tonight where one guy keeps playing that badly. There is no way they turn off the spigot now though.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Without Kelce and Jones, the Lions had the best offensive non-QB in St. Brown and the best defender in Hutchinson. I remember Rodney Harrison in the pregame also saying that neither the Chiefs nor the crowd had their normal amount of juice,too. KC just didn't seem quite ready to play. Maybe if it was a Sunday instead of these awful Thursday night games.

Hopefully Jones enjoyed paying $1 million to sit and watch the defense be just fine without him.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

The more I think about it the more I feel that may have been the worst performance by a Chiefs team that I have seen in a long time. HORRIBLE game. From the coaching staff all the way down.
The crazy/good/positive take is while a loss is never a good thing, I truly believe that will be the worst game they play all season and they still had a great chance to win it.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:07 am The more I think about it the more I feel that may have been the worst performance by a Chiefs team that I have seen in a long time. HORRIBLE game. From the coaching staff all the way down.
The crazy/good/positive take is while a loss is never a good thing, I truly believe that will be the worst game they play all season and they still had a great chance to win it.
Shouldn’t you be a bears fan?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

hoopla wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:34 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:07 am The more I think about it the more I feel that may have been the worst performance by a Chiefs team that I have seen in a long time. HORRIBLE game. From the coaching staff all the way down.
Shouldn’t you be a bears fan?
I am a Bears fan and I am also a Chiefs fan (wore my Super Bowl "locker room" hat yesterday).
Last night was brutal in that regard.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Not going to disagree with Gutter. Kind of a bread and circuses feel to the NFL. No one minds losing a good game, but neither team looked good yesterday. Toney. Just wow.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Toney shouldn't even have today off. He should be at the practice facility this morning catching balls from the 2nd or 3rd string QB. Special teams needs work as well. Need somebody back there that can catch and run.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I only caught a few plays.

The couple that stick out are Mahomes placing a perfect pass in a receiver’s hands only to have the guy bobble it up and get it intercepted for a pick 6, and Mahomes placing a perfect pass in a receiver’s hands only to have the guy drop it and not get a first down in FG range down 1 with 2 to go.
shindig

Post by shindig »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:37 am I only caught a few plays.

The couple that stick out are Mahomes placing a perfect pass in a receiver’s hands only to have the guy bobble it up and get it intercepted for a pick 6, and Mahomes placing a perfect pass in a receiver’s hands only to have the guy drop it and not get a first down in FG range down 1 with 2 to go.
Both were Toney.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The guy is the same guy in those instances - he also dropped another pass that would have put us in the redzone with a first down - instead we had to kick a FG.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

My dog got up and left the room after the pick 6. I thought we would come back, but Dok knew something I didn't. Annie says he went upstairs and complained about my language multiple times. He seems to think I owe Toney an apology. I think Toney owes the team and fans an apology today.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:33 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkQjHG7h0ZU
Gutterism - Excuses are for losers.
2nd one he was screened and 3rd one was a shitty pass by Mahomes.
Just sayin'.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The loss last season to a Colts team that only won 4 games all year was easily worse than this one.

Detroit will contend for a division title and a playoff spot. KC dropped 9 passes, had a tipped ball pick 6, was missing their 2nd and 3rd best players and still only lost by 1 point. It was a gross game where the team looked flat and lethargic but wasn't close to their worst game in a long time.

As a reminder, that awful Colts loss last year did not throw the team into an unrecoverable tailspin. It's a long season, folks.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes, Toney has no excuse to not catch those passes.

2nd one was just a bad cross from the both of them but just has to do with timing.
Mahomes made a not ideal throw on that one - but if it hits both your hands, and you are a pro, that's a catch you should make.
The 3rd was not a shitty pass. LOLzBoat.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Again, if Chris Jones is a fuckwad and sits out til week 8, that's 8 million in cap.
That's enough to get Mike Evans a new contract on your team ( say a 3-4 year deal ) as I'd imagine some of that cost for this season would be covered by Tampa ( since he'd be there ).

I wouldn't give a 1st for him straight up but maybe our 1st for their 3rd and Evans.

Hopefully Tampa just starts loosing and he wants to try one last go at another Super Bowl and demands out.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KC seems to have 1 of these a year. Sucks to have it on opening night but it felt inevitable once it was announced that Kelce would be out.

KC's defense played great all in all without Jones so any notion that they are screwed without him was promptly dispelled. 14 points to one of the best offenses in the league was impressive. St. Brown is an elite player and he just flat out made some plays that extended drives for them while KC needed a few more WRs to make those same types of plays.

One thing is for certain, this game should show Veach that Mahomes is not so amazing that he can cover up having a WR room full of mids. They made a mistake not getting one higher tier WR in the offseason. They have a roster full of WR2s/WR3s.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:10 am One thing is for certain, this game should show Veach that Mahomes is not so amazing that he can cover up having a WR room full of mids. They made a mistake not getting one higher tier WR in the offseason. They have a roster full of WR2s/WR3s.
Agree.
But i'm looking at their cap now and trying to figure out how they could have managed that with the realization that Chris Jones wasn't going to be cooperative with a contract.
It would have taken an extension for him to move that money around.

I wanted Jakobi Meyers but at 13 mill a season, I don't think he was affordable for us.

We've spent 2nd round picks back to back years on WRs.
I might have gone with Tillman this year.
And last year I would have gone with Christian Watson and gotten a CB later ( and kept our picks that we gave to NE ) like Damarri Mathis.