We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by KUTradition »

georgia pubs showing some spine and integrity

just voted to oust the state senator who is calling to defund and investigate Fanni Willis
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:52 pm georgia pubs showing some spine and integrity

just voted to oust the state senator who is calling to defund and investigate Fanni Willis
Wow! Blow me down!

Here he is whining to Steve Bannon:

GA State Sen Colton Moore has an update after he demanded that Gov Kemp remove DA Fani Willis: “The knives are out. They have cut me out of the Republican caucus. The most MAGA, hardest-fighting Senator. It’s absolutely unbelievable.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

what a clusterfuck

mccarthy vs. gaetz

who gets ousted first?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:52 am what a clusterfuck

mccarthy vs. gaetz

who gets ousted first?
McCarthy, definitely.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:56 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:52 am what a clusterfuck

mccarthy vs. gaetz

who gets ousted first?
McCarthy, definitely.
After McCarthy initially handed his balls over to the MAGA extremists like Gaetz, I thought McCarthy's days were numbered drastically too. But, with no known replacement, I've become less and less convinced that Gaetz is going to be able to force McCarthy out. Of course, that would require Kevin to recruit some democrats to save him, and while I'm sure he'd rather not and democrats have little interest in bailing him out, as bad as an alternative as it is and as much as it will be hard for Kevin to accomplish with Trump's balls in his mouth at the same time, what's the alternative? Or, should that be, "who's" the alternative?

You want money for the border Kevin?

How do you feel about supporting Ukraine and the child tax credit?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

At least Sara Huckabee Sanders is restoring dignity to the party by embezzling only $20,000 or so, that we know of so far.
Last edited by Sparko on Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Sparko wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:30 pm At least Sara Huckaee Sanders is restoring dignity to the party by embezzling only $20,000 or so, that we know of so far.
…..that we know of. Grifters got to grift!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Sparko wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:30 pm At least Sara Huckaee Sanders is restoring dignity to the party by embezzling only $20,000 or so, that we know of so far.
It's AR, that's filthy rich in AR.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Et tu John Kelly?
“What can I add that has not already been said?” Kelly said, when asked if he wanted to weigh in on his former boss in light of recent comments made by other former Trump officials. “A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’ A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family – for all Gold Star families – on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.

“A person who is not truthful regarding his position on the protection of unborn life, on women, on minorities, on evangelical Christians, on Jews, on working men and women,” Kelly continued. “A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about. A person who cavalierly suggests that a selfless warrior who has served his country for 40 years in peacetime and war should lose his life for treason – in expectation that someone will take action. A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.

“There is nothing more that can be said,” Kelly concluded. “God help us.”
I assume he means Emperor God trumpty dumpty help us.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

mccarthy vote happening now

just read that there has never been a Speaker voted out in this manner
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

He gone.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:48 pmHe gone.
"Don't negotiate with terrorists" used to be an R standby.

(By the way, we should not lose sight of this being another in a long line of historical examples that appeasement doesn't really work.)
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The new trumpublican party, a party of firsts!

First party to have a member elected president and impeached twice.

First party to have a member who was elected president, foment an insurrection to stop an election.

First party to have a member who was speaker of the house removed from that position.

First party to have a front running presidential candidate who has been convicted of rape and is currently indicted in multiple States and Federal court on 91 charges.

First party to have a front running presidential candidate who talks about fucking his own daughter.

So much winning!
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

japhy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:58 pm The new trumpublican party, a party of firsts!

First party to have a member who was elected president, foment an insurrection to stop an election.

First party to have a member who was speaker of the house removed from that position.

First party to have a front running presidential candidate who has been convicted of rape and is currently indicted in multiple States and Federal court on 91 charges.

First party to have a front running presidential candidate who talks about fucking his own daughter.

So much winning!
GOAT?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

only the best people
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:58 pm The new trumpublican party, a party of firsts!

So much winning!
I think the hard 1/3 of the country that still supports this shitshow needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves some very difficult questions about what animates that support. Because I come back to a single answer, which is at least understandable, if less-than-noble.

And - like all of us, I presume - I have close friends and close family in that 1/3.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

So much winning!
SUPER BOWL!

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:11 pm I think the hard 1/3 of the country that still supports this shitshow needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves some very difficult questions about what animates that support.
I think cult/rube believer status and self reflection have been demonstrated to be mutually exclusive.

They see most self owns as owning the libs.

I expect the in-house cult members to make that clear shortly.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:25 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:11 pm I think the hard 1/3 of the country that still supports this shitshow needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves some very difficult questions about what animates that support.
I think cult/rube believer status and self reflection have been demonstrated to be mutually exclusive.

They see most self owns as owning the libs.

I expect the in-house cult members to make that clear shortly.
That's all well and good - and, if true, supports the (very supportable!) argument that the only REAL way forward here is for the GOP to melt down to the atomic level.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:12 pm

So much winning!
SUPER BOWL!

An example of what Randy called “intelligence”