What happened to the immigration thread?

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: What happened to the immigration thread?

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:51 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:49 am What's bidens next move? Provide care for 6 million illegals, but can he transition that into 6 million votes before the election?
I hope so
So you openly agree with importing votes into our country through illegal immigration?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

🤦‍♂️
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:23 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:49 am What's bidens next move? Provide care for 6 million illegals, but can he transition that into 6 million votes before the election?
I hope so
So you openly agree with importing votes into our country through illegal immigration?
Is jumping to conclusions the only exercise that you get?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Overlander wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:58 pm

I hope so
I didn’t know illegal immigrants could vote.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

dolomite wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:34 am

At the Federal Level, they can’t.

Just one of many boogeymen that we are all supposed to fear and/or hate.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:39 am
dolomite wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:34 am

At the Federal Level, they can’t.

Just one of many boogeymen that we are all supposed to fear and/or hate.
It's all basically this.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

"Depends" on who's underpants.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

La migración de la cultura es buena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzomUT98W2Y
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

On his first day in office, President Biden sent a bill to Congress to “restore humanity and American values to our immigration system.” Nearly three years later, he is considering sweeping restrictions on migration in exchange for aid to Ukraine and Israel.

It is the latest sign of how drastically the politics of immigration have shifted in the United States, where polls suggest there is growing support, even inside the president’s own party, for border measures once denounced by Democrats and championed by former President Donald Trump.

But it is also a gamble for Mr. Biden, who risks walking away from some of the most deeply held principles of the Democratic Party and angering key parts of his core constituency, such as progressives and young voters.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/16/us/p ... icans.html
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

I wonder why no one mentions the “border czar” any more. She, Kamala Harris has not done much of anything to get immigration under control. Too busy with more important issues I guess.🤔
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

dolomite wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:25 pm I wonder why no one mentions the “border czar” any more. She, Kamala Harris has not done much of anything to get immigration under control. Too busy with more important issues I guess.🤔
Not sure what expectations are. To the extent we can do much about people trying to come…it would involve foreign aid that the Rs will block reflexively.

And why would they do that?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:28 pm
dolomite wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:25 pm I wonder why no one mentions the “border czar” any more. She, Kamala Harris has not done much of anything to get immigration under control. Too busy with more important issues I guess.🤔
Not sure what expectations are. To the extent we can do much about people trying to come…it would involve foreign aid that the Rs will block reflexively.

Hmmmmmmm
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:05 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:28 pm

Hmmmmmmm
Hint: when I tuned to Fox the night of the Colorado Supreme Court disqualification ruling, Fox was carrying...MIGRANT PANIC!!!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Racism at the southern border sells to the base. It is the one issue they go to when trying to block every piece of legislation. It is more effective than forcing births. Try to compromise then you get the Ousdahl purity blowback.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:28 pm Racism at the southern border sells to the base. It is the one issue they go to when trying to block every piece of legislation. It is more effective than forcing births. Try to compromise then you get the Ousdahl purity blowback.
Illustrative of the walls closing in.

Women's rights is now a losing issue (even when they mash the buttons that used to work, it's now blood from a turnip). They can't be anti-Russia (because, ya know, they're openly not). Economy is, broadly speaking, humming. Trump is death at the ballot box but they can't cover him negatively.

There are only so many things left that still have some tread on the tires.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Blame it on the Mexicans
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:35 pm
Sparko wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:28 pm Racism at the southern border sells to the base. It is the one issue they go to when trying to block every piece of legislation. It is more effective than forcing births. Try to compromise then you get the Ousdahl purity blowback.
Illustrative of the walls closing in.

Women's rights is now a losing issue (even when they mash the buttons that used to work, it's now blood from a turnip). They can't be anti-Russia (because, ya know, they're openly not). Economy is, broadly speaking, humming. Trump is death at the ballot box but they can't cover him negatively.

There are only so many things left that still have some tread on the tires.
This is why the Republicans would never support any viable/sustainable solution. There wouldn’t be a car left for that dog to chase. All other cars have been caught!!