Uncle Joe

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

japhy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:58 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:35 am I'm not "paralyzed" by it but it does affect me - in a negative way. Financially.
Problem is YOU (and to to a lesser degree I) are not like many (most?) Americans.
People are hurting. Enough so that I seriously believe it not only may be, but very possibly will be, a major difference maker in who wins the 2024 election.
A solid campaign strategy might be for Trump to change his slogan/mantra from MAGA to - Are you better off today than you were when I was President?
"Better off"; is that in financial terms or "owning the libs"? When the shit hit the fan during the covid outbreak the rubes got checks for $1200 from trumplethinskin. Some whoo were already well off got more than 100X that much as tax free dividends. Tell me more about how trump and the Rs help the little people.

"The economy" is cover for the cult members to vote for the treasonous rapist agent of chaos who talks about fucking his own daughter. Their adoption of "inflation" as an important voting issue is cherry picking of financial issues to glom onto to justify their fealty to their cult leader. If trump were still president they would be applauding the job numbers and increased wages and net worth and down playing inflation because that is what Fox would be telling them that is what is most important.
Same thing I said to fish....
Bingo! YOU get it.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

We all need to pray for Japhy so that he might feel comfortable enough to express himself honestly and earnestly some day. I have faith.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:17 am I would rather my tax dollars get spent feeding a lot of underserved children than buying $2,000 staplers
How about bombing brown people over seas? Thats where a big chunk of tax payer money gas gone for decades
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:36 am
Overlander wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:17 am I would rather my tax dollars get spent feeding a lot of underserved children than buying $2,000 staplers
How about bombing brown people over seas? Thats where a big chunk of tax payer money gas gone for decades
To that end:

https://www.cambridge-credit.org/where- ... 4MQAvD_BwE

"Where's My Money?
Every year, hundreds of millions of Americans file their tax returns with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) without really knowing where their tax dollars go. According to the Tax Foundation in Washington, D.C., 23 cents of every federal tax dollar is allocated to Social Security; 20 cents is earmarked for health and medical services; 16 cents is set aside for the national defense; and 14 cents is designated for net interest payments on the federal debt. The remainder of monies from every federal tax dollar is earmarked for income security, transportation, education, veterans' benefits services, education and training, and other services.

In an eight-hour workday, the average worker spends two hours and 51 minutes paying for federal taxes, according to the Tax Foundation. About 35 percent of an individual's gross income is taken for taxes. For example, if you're making $36,000 a year, you will pay Uncle Sam $12,600 in taxes, which equates to $242.31 a week.

Of that $12,600 in annual taxes, $2,898 goes toward social security; $2,520 for health and medical services; $2,016 for the national defense; $1,764 for net interest payments on the federal debt; $1,827 in income security; and, $1,575 for transportation, education and training, veterans' benefits services and other services."

I would be perfectly fine with us slashing a huge amount of funds out of the defense budget and a robust auditing process created to track what remains in the defense budget.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Defense” budget

Lulz

Speaking of, hasn’t the pentagon failed audits like year after year?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:28 am Man, I sure am glad that I make enough money to not be paralyzed by groceries and gas increasing in expense.
I'm sure most of us on here that have spare time during the day to post can afford it.

But do we really wanna spend more on the same gas and groceries??

When we could be investing, donating, buy nicer things, helping family, etc. Be realistic, no body wants to waste more money on the same day to day items
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And unfortunately, most of America really can't afford increasing prices of everything. Over half of Americans live pay check to pay check. Especially younger people, who can't afford to save money, invest, or buy houses. Which is a recipe for disaster in coming decades
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:45 am “Defense” budget

Lulz

Speaking of, hasn’t the pentagon failed audits like year after year?
Yes. It's a deliberately dishonest budget
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Settle down, Qusdahl.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:56 am And unfortunately, most of America really can't afford increasing prices of everything. Over half of Americans live pay check to pay check. Especially younger people, who can't afford to save money, invest, or buy houses. Which is a recipe for disaster in coming decades
Then I would encourage you to not waste your 2024 vote on a joke candidate. Because if Trump wins again, you can BET on more middle- and upper-class tax cuts/giveaways that exacerbate the issues you're describing.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol at the notion that a majority of ‘muricans living paycheck to paycheck is a) something new, or b) attributable to current policies
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:03 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:56 am And unfortunately, most of America really can't afford increasing prices of everything. Over half of Americans live pay check to pay check. Especially younger people, who can't afford to save money, invest, or buy houses. Which is a recipe for disaster in coming decades
Then I would encourage you to not waste your 2024 vote on a joke candidate. Because if Trump wins again, you can BET on more middle- and upper-class tax cuts/giveaways that exacerbate the issues you're describing.
Don't you talk about my "tax cuts/giveaways" like those are dirty words.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Prices increase and the Greek chorus unleashes and doesn't ever notice prices decreasing again. "Stop us before we vote pro-MAGA against our best interests again!"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

How in the hell do you think higher taxes benefits people???? Lol
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

This country has too much government. Too many taxes. Thats one of the major problems with our economy. Then dumbass liberals think more government and more taxes will somehow help
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:10 pm doesn't ever notice prices decreasing again.
Umm...wut?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

So...we're just not gonna talk about whatever the fuck is going on with his chin?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Obama is trying to break out from behind the mask. Duh.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Excellent speech, Joe. Masterful job of intertwining the existential challenges facing Israel and Ukraine, and how they relate to our safety and standing in the world past, current, and future.

Surprised there wasn't any mention of the southern border. (Wait for republicans to make a proposal, then tie it in? Win/win?) No mention of Taiwan, which isn't too surprising.

Biden 1

Haters 0
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:33 pm So...we're just not gonna talk about whatever the fuck is going on with his chin?
https://heavy.com/news/joe-biden-chin-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IIO9NjEtic
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.