Post by Sparko »

Back injury is a tough one.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Kansas Football 2023 Season

Post by KUTradition »

right

anyone questioning the kid’s desire needs to check themselves

risking his health for your entertainment?

get a grip
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

JD has to balance long term damage vs. His desire to play. Love the kid.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

It's a damn shame that this offense is going to be wasted because of an absolute horrible defense.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I still think we can get 2 more wins in the regular season and win our bowl game.
That'd be pretty fucking rad.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:42 pm I still think we can get 2 more wins in the regular season and win our bowl game.
With Bean at QB? Doubtful. OSU game revealed his true colors. Absolutely self-destructed and took the team with him at clutch time. If he doesn't throw that INT in the end zone, it is a completely different game.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JFC
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:45 am right

get a grip
This
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:34 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:45 am right

get a grip
This
^^^

Every time I read that I have to stop myself from responding.

Today In: The voice of experience.

Assuming you know how someone else feels is a losing game.

Trust me.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:54 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:42 pm I still think we can get 2 more wins in the regular season and win our bowl game.
With Bean at QB? Doubtful. OSU game revealed his true colors. Absolutely self-destructed and took the team with him at clutch time. If he doesn't throw that INT in the end zone, it is a completely different game.
Again, Bean had by all metrics, as good a game as Jalon Daniels has EVER had at Kansas sans the Duke game. So keep trying.

If Bean plays like he did vs OSU ( a borderline top 25 team ) against Texas Tech or Cincinnati and our defense plays not shitty, like just below average, we will win both those games.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'll do your homework for you.

Jalon Daniels:

Best rating 2023 : 183.3

Best rating 2022:
258.3 - Duke - 324 yards, 4 TD, 82.6% completion

2nd best rating 2022: 178.8 Tennessee Tech
3rd best rating 2022: 173.1 Arkansas

Best rating 2021 TCU: 160.1

Jason Bean:

Best rating 2023:
205.7 - OSU - 410 yards, 5 TD, 2 INT, 67.6% completion

No doubt that Duke game was jaw dropping ( their defense was just as bad as ours ) but Bean just had what would be the second best game of either of their careers.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:20 pm
Again, Bean had by all metrics, as good a game as Jalon Daniels has EVER had at Kansas sans the Duke game. So keep trying.

If Bean plays like he did vs OSU ( a borderline top 25 team ) against Texas Tech or Cincinnati and our defense plays not shitty, like just below average, we will win both those games.
His numbers were fine, but he folded under pressure. His body language was defeatist and he failed as a leader. Numbers don’t tell the whole story.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

How lucky is Bean to have professional psych-analysis at no charge?

We truly are blessed to have Psych here.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:56 pm

His numbers were fine, but he folded under pressure. His body language was defeatist and he failed as a leader. Numbers don’t tell the whole story.
You're both right.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I guess you don’t know:

Psych once went 42/42 for 9 touchdowns, 954 yards and 0 interceptions in a game.

He also had a 54/ 27 / 27 average to lead his team to the World Basketball Championships

Dropped a 98 point buck
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Eyetest!
Arm chair quarterback/psychologist!

Also, one of the best performances numerically by a KU quarterback ( probably top 5 ) since Reesing and his numbers were just 'fine'.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Overlander wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:21 pm How lucky is Bean to have professional psych-analysis at no charge?

I didn't read this before my response.
Great minds.

My guess is Psych reads Jocko Willink or the sort.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:29 am

Eyetest!
My older son played college football at a P5 conference school. Over the course of his career, he had three shoulder surgeries and one knee surgery, all done after seasons were over with. From the time preseason started until well after the season was over, he was hurting - as was every other member of the team. His shoulders would dislocate on a regular basis doing simple things like pushups or pass blocking, and he would have trouble sleeping because of the pain in his knees.

I remember asking him once why he didn't just tell the coaches he was done for the season and have the surgery before things wrapped up for the year, especially considering that he spent his time behind two different guys on the depth chart who are now starting in the NFL.

He didn't even pause when he said "Dad, the school is paying for my education, my room, and my meals. I owe it to them and the rest of the team to be in practice and ready to play if at all possible." He also never missed a single practice or workout session.

Imagine being that loyal without thousands of dollars in NIL money coming in. He finished with a 3.8 GPA and is at the top of his class in grad school now. Good kid.

I'll leave it at that.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:30 am
Overlander wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:21 pm How lucky is Bean to have professional psych-analysis at no charge?

I didn't read this before my response.
Great minds.

My guess is Psych reads Jocko Willink or the sort.
I'm sorry that disagreeing with you in a civil manner makes you feel like you need to respond like that. Great choice of company to keep, by the way.
Last edited by JKLivin on Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:45 am
pdub wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:29 am

Eyetest!
My older son played college football at a P5 conference school. Over the course of his career, he had three shoulder surgeries and one knee surgery, all done after seasons were over with. From the time preseason started until well after the season was over, he was hurting - as was every other member of the team. His shoulders would dislocate on a regular basis doing simple things like pushups or pass blocking, and he would have trouble sleeping because of the pain in his knees.

I remember asking him once why he didn't just tell the coaches he was done for the season and have the surgery before things wrapped up for the year, especially considering that he spent his time behind two different guys on the depth chart who are now starting in the NFL.

He didn't even pause when he said "Dad, the school is paying for my education, my room, and my meals. I owe it to them and the rest of the team to be in practice and ready to play if at all possible." He also never missed a single practice or workout session.

Imagine being that loyal without thousands of dollars in NIL money coming in. He finished with a 3.8 GPA and is at the top of his class in grad school now. Good kid.

I'll leave it at that.
What does this have to do with Jason Bean?
I bet your son never had a game like Jason Bean against competition like Oklahoma State.