I believe her

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: I believe her

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:22 am umm dude psych, I’m pretty sure you’re the one who hears those blatant lies motivated by political power-mongering and you desperately want to believe to be true.
That's funny, because the only places I hear of people who see things your way are here and on the "mainstream" media. Everyone I have talked to in the last week thinks Ms. Ford is either a nutjob, a liar, or a combination of both.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:38 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:22 am umm dude psych, I’m pretty sure you’re the one who hears those blatant lies motivated by political power-mongering and you desperately want to believe to be true.
That's funny, because the only places I hear of people who see things your way are here and on the "mainstream" media. Everyone I have talked to in the last week thinks Ms. Ford is either a nutjob, a liar, or a combination of both.
If this is true about anything, than it says more about the homogeneity of your social circle than the relative rightness or wrongness of your views on the thing.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:49 am
If this is true about anything, than it says more about the homogeneity of your social circle than the relative rightness or wrongness of your views on the thing.
This. And it mainly just confirms that HouseDivided only talks to people about things like this with others who share his/her view on politics. Thats pretty normal for both sides of the aisle.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

I could say the same of you.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It would not be accurate for me to say that everyone I have talked to about this topic has views that are similar to mine.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Yeah but none of us are claiming that it means something because everyone we talk to thought Kavanaugh was an umcomposed liar unfit for the Supreme Court.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:42 pm

Yeah but none of us are claiming that it means something because everyone we talk to thought Kavanaugh was an umcomposed liar unfit for the Supreme Court.
To the contrary, that is exactly what you are saying, not to mention that you contend that her testimony is credible because everyone you are talking to wants it to be. You can't really be this obtuse.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I don’t think anyone wants it to be credible. Many want to avoid categorically dismissing it as less than credible, given the sensitive nature of these issues, and the intense scrutiny that a scotus candidate should be subjected to.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:44 pm

To the contrary, that is exactly what you are saying, not to mention that you contend that her testimony is credible because everyone you are talking to wants it to be. You can't really be this obtuse.
Pleaae provide a link to any post of mine where I state that the reason I feel that Ford's claim is credible is because of what people I talk to think about it. I'll save you some time. You won't find it because you just flat out made that shit up.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:22 pm
Pleaae provide a link to any post of mine where I state that the reason I feel that Ford's claim is credible is because of what people I talk to think about it. I'll save you some time. You won't find it because you just flat out made that shit up.
Nothing you have said has pointed to anything other than that. You have consistently treated it as if her testimony and the allegations are de facto truth.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Nothing you have said has pointed to anything other than that. You have consistently treated it as if her testimony and the allegations are de facto truth.
Then you have critical reading skill problems. Thats a "you" problem.

I post what I mean. There's no translation needed. You simply suck at trying to decipher what peoples written words mean. Again, a "you" problem.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:20 pm

I post what I mean. There's no translation needed. You simply suck at trying to decipher what peoples written words mean. Again, a "you" problem.
I disagree. You have a problem understanding what connotes credible testimony and evidence. You believe what you want to believe and then call other people stupid when they ask for real proof - none of which, by the way, has been forthcoming. That's a YOU problem.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Back and forth and back and forth. Blah.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

But please, share more about your take on the "murder" of Vince Foster and then try to sell me on how you're so good at identifying credible testimony.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:36 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:20 pm

I disagree. You have a problem understanding what connotes credible testimony and evidence. You believe what you want to believe and then call other people stupid when they ask for real proof - none of which, by the way, has been forthcoming. That's a YOU problem.
You can't comprehend what you read.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:41 pm Back and forth and back and forth. Blah.
It sucks when people won’t accept strongly-felt opinions in lieu of facts, huh?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Poll: More Believe Ford Than Kavanaugh, A Cultural Shift From 1991

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/03/65405410 ... -from-1991
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:28 pm Poll: More Believe Ford Than Kavanaugh, A Cultural Shift From 1991

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/03/65405410 ... -from-1991
And yet the FBI found zero evidence to support anything she said.
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

Allegedly.
Interesting how the info got leaked. Isn't it? That's assuming it truly did get leaked.
Anyways, what the heck was the FBI going to find from 36 years ago - that 99% of Americans should have fully realized that there was no PROOF of ever happening?
Sure am glad the the money, time, and resources were well spent on the "investigation'.
That was sarcasm.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ummmmm....

According to the latest indications on Wednesday evening, the FBI had not interviewed two of the key players in the Kavanaugh saga: the nominee himself or his first accuser, Christine Blasey Ford.

Ford's attorney said on Wednesday afternoon that she still wished to talk with FBI investigators but hadn't, and told Grassley that Ford had supplemental documents to give the FBI...