NFL 2023

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NFL 2023

Post by pdub »

He's winning the NFC South if Atlanta lands Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins or Justin Fields.
Or if they get fortunate if they trade up to land one of the top 3 QBs.

His defense is set. They are pretty young.
He has a stud RB and a top TE ( that's under utilized ).

Just get to the playoffs and see what happens.

He is also just 14 wins away from being the winningest coach of all time. We might think that's superficial but if you're there in that position, you're thinking about it. He could get that in two years in ATL.

Finally, Bill is a stubborn motherfucker. I'm sure a good part of him wants to thumb his nose at the doubters - and that could even include the Pats organization.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:50 am some dudes are just so driven. they just can't stop. they don't know how. i am not like that.

his legacy is set in stone. so he can't really tarnish it.

he will likely drop dead on the sideline. or in his coaches office looking at film.
Yeah, for some their work is what pays for their life and for others, their work is their life.

I'll retire the day that I feel I can afford to and not a minute later. If I was making what these guys are making I would have bailed at 60 to go live and have fun while I still can. My father-in-law worked until he was almost 70 and then had a massive stroke on his retirement celebration trip and was not able to do a huge majority of things he wanted to do in retirement before he died.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I don't know what is available for him to choose from. Probably the Falcons, Chargers, Commanders. Of the 3, it would be a tough call. Not sure which is the most attractive for HIM.
Would he dare explore possible college options?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:53 am He's winning the NFC South if Atlanta lands Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins or Justin Fields.

He is also just 14 wins away from being the winningest coach of all time. We might think that's superficial but if you're there in that position, you're thinking about it. He could get that in two years in ATL.

Finally, Bill is a stubborn motherfucker. I'm sure a good part of him wants to thumb his nose at the doubters - and that could even include the Pats organization.
Agreed. We'll see what comes out of this press conference today to see if he plans to continue. I would be surprised if he does not.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:53 am He is also just 14 wins away from being the winningest coach of all time. We might think that's superficial but if you're there in that position, you're thinking about it. He could get that in two years in ATL.
I didn't realize that.

You're right. He won't walk away from that. Sucks he won't do it with New England.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Reminds me of Lombardi's last years
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I went to a game at Arrowhead where it was 15 degrees and that was pretty miserable.
This will be 15 degrees colder than that.
Hand warmers. If you can sneak in cardboard to put under your feet. The worst thing, even with layered socks, was the feet.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I went to a playoff game at Soldier Field January 23rd 2011. It was a balmy 15, 16, 17 degrees compared to other games I attended where it was in the 30s.
To me, A LOT has to do with wind (and the direction of the wind) and how much moisture is in the air.
Seems like it may be a real bitch in KC Saturday night. As much as I would love to attend a playoff game in Arrowhead, thanks but no thanks. Kudos to the true/real fans who will be in attendance.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:44 pm I went to a playoff game at Soldier Field January 23rd 2011. It was a balmy 15, 16, 17 degrees compared to other games I attended where it was in the 30s.
To me, A LOT has to do with wind (and the direction of the wind) and how much moisture is in the air.
Seems like it may be a real bitch in KC Saturday night. As much as I would love to attend a playoff game in Arrowhead, thanks but no thanks. Kudos to the true/real fans who will be in attendance.
You can get in the door now for under $60 via StubHub. My guess is that like Allen Fieldhouse during the semester break, you won't necessarily be able to see many of the empty seats when people take advantage of the openings and spread out. But they will definitely be several thousand short of a full house for sure.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm sure it's happening now and it will happen even more after the game but let's pump all the brakes on moving towards making all football stadiums be domed or have the availability to do so.

Snow, rain, wind, cold.
Part of the deal.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:50 am some dudes are just so driven. i am not like that.
Not at all unexpected.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Me and a friend did Lambeau in the winter. I had handwarmers stuffed in my socks and more layers of clothes than I could count. Peeing was not as easy as I'd have liked it to have been.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:32 pm I'm sure it's happening now and it will happen even more after the game but let's pump all the brakes on moving towards making all football stadiums be domed or have the availability to do so.

Snow, rain, wind, cold.
Part of the deal.
it's absolutely part of it and should continue to be.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

And NE tabs Mayo as the new HC. HAHA oh yea they not making playoffs for years.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:57 am
pdub wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:53 am He's winning the NFC South if Atlanta lands Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins or Justin Fields.

Agreed. We'll see what comes out of this press conference today to see if he plans to continue. I would be surprised if he does not.
Pfub is right this is perfect spot. Bill can get Josh as OC and maybe Vrabel as DC head coach in waiting.

Grab Cousins they winning 14 games quick.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NE whiffed on Vrabel. Just wow.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Maybe.
I like Vrabel and think he finds a spot.
Who knows with Mayo though. He needs a QB to do anything.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

One thing we forget to take into account is how hard of a coach Belichick is on QBs. I don't think Wilson and Belichick would be a good fit together at all.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Purdy is a good QB in a BB system. Wondering if there is a mobile pocket guy out there.