Ugh.
DeletedUser

Re: 2024

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:22 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:25 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:11 am You know what should put this argument to bed? When Trump ducks debating even Biden. And I think the odds of that happening are now well in excess of 50%.
How will we know who is ducking who? Neither side wants their guy on stage. At least nobody reasonable. It was embarrassing last time and it'd be even worse this time.

God it's depressing to think these are our 2 choices.
Let's see how it shakes out. I do not at all think Biden will (or will want to) duck the debates.
Biden won't "want to" back out. His ego won't let him....but no chance his team will let him go out there to potentially say something stupid when he should easily win by just being quiet.

The majority of the reasonable people who aren't on a team won't vote for Trump (imo). This isn't 2016. And certainly not 2020.

Biden will be "fine" with me.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Cassandra wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:40 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:38 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:50 am As I have said for what must be years now, the point (and it is an obvious one to me anyway) is that Trump and MAGA attacks on Biden and his cognitive fitness are something even worse than the pot calling the kettle black; it has always been preemptive laundering of Trump’s much more significant decline.
Man, I have to respectfully disagree with that. Biden sure looks and sounds much worse off than Trump does (to me).

But Biden isn't a wannabe dictator. So there's that.
Except for his mandated shots that he pushed. Except for his open borders policy he wants to force onto Texas, letting all kinds of problems into the country. It's funny though, I don't know what people are referring to when they call Trump a dictator and ignore these facts about Biden.
I just mean that Trump would "want" to be a dictator. He'd think it was "cool". He's got great ideas and it'd be a great place. *so he says*

I am not saying he has or hasn't "acted" like a dictator.
Last edited by DeletedUser on Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

It is interesting how so many people were afraid Trump would get us into WW3 and drop nukes. On the other side, Biden has been really successful at destabilizing the world and putting us on the brink of WW3. The world sees this barely conscious puppet in the White House and they see it as their opportunity to do things they would normally be afraid to.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it is your opinion that the two nominees will not debate each other this summer?
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Trump would have us in no position for WWIII. Surrender was his jam.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:58 pm It is interesting how so many people were afraid Trump would get us into WW3 and drop nukes. On the other side, Biden has been really successful at destabilizing the world and putting us on the brink of WW3. The world sees this barely conscious puppet in the White House and they see it as their opportunity to do things they would normally be afraid to.
Again, you have zero evidence for this claim, and you would ONLY be making it if you were aware that Biden's record is strong on its merits.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I will preface my question with this, I think undocumented immigrants and how we deal with them in the future will be one of the most important issues this country will deal with in the next decade.

Please list for me the 3 most significant ways you think undocumented immigrants effect your life today?

Saying this is a "big issue" is not specific. Tell me three specific things/ways in which undocumented immigrants affect your life daily.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. Better dating life
2. Better food on those dates
3. Oh shit is the food safety inspector guy shutting this pop-up taqueria down again?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

My food is less expensive because undocumented workers do the stoop labor and pick the crops and work at the slaughter houses, among other things. (Like cleaning hospital and hotel rooms.)

I've 100% no doubt the $42,500 I spent on a new roof last year would have cost me significantly more if the people who installed it spoke English as their primary language.

If you like to cook ethnic food like I do, without undocumented immigrants to shop there too, the number of ethnic grocery stores and the produce selection at Publix would contract drastically.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

japhy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:21 pm
Please list for me the 3 most significant ways you think undocumented immigrants effect your life today?
I'll bite:

1. They help make the golf courses I play in resort destinations around the country absolutely beautiful.

2. They help make the lodging accommodations absolutely enjoyable while I am playing golf at resort destinations around the country.

3. They help make the cuisine I eat absolutely delicious while I am golfing at resort destinations around the country.

Wait, were these supposed to be bad ways or good ways they impact my life?
Last edited by DeletedUser on Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Check the countries in demographic freefall and tell me again about immigration.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:50 am As I have said for what must be years now, the point (and it is an obvious one to me anyway) is that Trump and MAGA attacks on Biden and his cognitive fitness are something even worse than the pot calling the kettle black; it has always been preemptive laundering of Trump’s much more significant decline.
Man, I have to respectfully disagree with that. Biden sure looks and sounds much worse off than Trump does (to me).

Except for his mandated shots that he pushed. Except for his open borders policy he wants to force onto Texas, letting all kinds of problems into the country. It's funny though, I don't know what people are referring to when they call Trump a dictator and ignore these facts about Biden.
There was no government mandate for the general public to receive the covid vaccine but you know that already just as you already know there is no Open Borders policy.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:12 pm Wait, were these supposed to be bad ways or good ways they impact my life?
You decide if the impact is good or bad. The question was simply, how do they most affect your daily life?

It seems to be a hot button topic in this election. For those passionate about this subject, there must be a reason why you are so. It should be easy then to come up with just three ways undocumented immigrants affect your day to day life.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:32 pm

There was no government mandate for the general public to receive the covid vaccine but you know that already just as you already know there is no Open Borders policy.
Stop censoring cassie. Do you not believe in the First Amendment?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

japhy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:39 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:12 pm Wait, were these supposed to be bad ways or good ways they impact my life?
You decide if the impact is good or bad. The question was simply, how do they most affect your daily life?

It seems to be a hot button topic in this election. For those passionate about this subject, there must be a reason why you are so. It should be easy then to come up with just three ways undocumented immigrants affect your day to day life.
Looks like my top 3 are all good ways.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Well, if you want to argue that government forcing the universities to require the shots or receive no government money is not "mandated" then you're not being sincere here. Airlines, private businesses -- the government tried to force them to do it or else because the Biden admin knew they could not legally impose a mandate from the government. None of this very illegal and dangerous activity happened when Trump was in office.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

yes. uncle totally phucqued up covid. but. so did almost everyone else.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Saying this is a "big issue" is not specific. Tell me three specific things/ways in which undocumented immigrants affect your life daily.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:45 pm uncles open border will be the single biggest issue in november.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:56 pm Well, if you want to argue that government forcing the universities to require the shots or receive no government money is not "mandated" then you're not being sincere here. Airlines, private businesses -- the government tried to force them to do it or else because the Biden admin knew they could not legally impose a mandate from the government. None of this very illegal and dangerous activity happened when Trump was in office.
Not even within the confines of this post can you avoid something fatally inherently contradictory.