Tucker Carlson

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Tucker Carlson

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:12 am Ous, you following along here?

https://x.com/dispropoganda/status/1755 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Putin: "Poland forced Hitler to invade it".

Tucker: ...

If Tucker was a real journalist he would have pushed back on this literal debunked Nazi propaganda, but Tucker isn't a journalist, and this wasn't an interview, but one big KGB brainwashing circus.
https://x.com/ilyasomin/status/17559674 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
I at first thought this must be a mistranslation. But after watching video, I can confirm Putin really said it (I am native speaker of Russian): “the Poles overplayed their hand and forced Hitler to start World War II with them.”
You seem to offer this as like some gotcha moment?

Did he also say Biden and the west conceding 1/5 of Ukraine was a result of his own wildly-successful efforts to divide us internally?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:27 am
DeletedUser wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:24 am You guys think Tucker had the ability to press Putin on anything during that interview? I don't. I am guessing Putin and his handlers controlled pretty much everything asked during the interview.

Tucker is trying to make money. He isn't a real journalist (imo).
He has no knowledge to base a push back, let alone the spine and the chutzpah to try it.
Putin imprisons real journalists who do real journalist things. Fuck and no, Tucker would not push back.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:40 am

If Tucker was a real journalist he would have pushed back on this literal debunked Nazi propaganda, but Tucker isn't a journalist, and this wasn't an interview, but one big KGB brainwashing circus.
I at first thought this must be a mistranslation. But after watching video, I can confirm Putin really said it (I am native speaker of Russian): “the Poles overplayed their hand and forced Hitler to start World War II with them.”

Did he also say Biden and the west conceding 1/5 of Ukraine was a result of his own wildly-successful efforts to divide us internally?
He does not need to say it. But would him saying it finally make you believe it?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

And I don’t know what “gotcha” means here. But I think you would want to know that the same guy whose word you accept (vis a vis his justification for invading Ukraine) uses the exact same defense for literally Hitler.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I haven’t accepted shit.

Kindly spare me the gaslight
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:42 am

He does not need to say it. But would him saying it finally make you believe it?
So Biden is a Putin puppet now too?
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Putin was right about the US destroying its own currency. This was real journalism, something we've been missing in all of the mainstream.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Cassandra wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:53 am Putin was right about the US destroying its own currency. This was real journalism, something we've been missing in all of the mainstream.
……. So far gone.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:50 am I haven’t accepted shit.

It’s baffling, to me, that you don’t understand that falling into what is essentially the “just asking questions here” trap simply IS at least partial acceptance.

It just is.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:51 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:42 am

So Biden is a Putin puppet now too?
You COMPLETELY miss the point of what Biden said.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What did Biden say then?

Wasn’t it something about not giving “one inch” to Putin, “no matter how long it takes?”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:02 am

It’s baffling, to me, that you don’t understand that falling into what is essentially the “just asking questions here” trap simply IS at least partial acceptance.

It just is.
Says the guy who thinks “WMDs in Iraq” is a non-sequitur in the context of propaganda and popular opinions.

As if to say WMDs in Iraq is not thee propaganda that influenced the popular opinions
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Your Strawman needs a flying monkey Ous.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:05 am What did Biden say then?

Wasn’t it something about not giving “one inch” to Putin, “no matter how long it takes?”
And tell me, why exactly would he be walking that back?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cassandra wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:53 am Putin was right about the US destroying its own currency. This was real journalism, something we've been missing in all of the mainstream.
On what planet is the US Dollar "destroyed"? Maybe you should move back to planet Earth. It's missing from the US mainstream media because it hasn't happened.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:19 am

And tell me, why exactly would he be walking that back?
I think that is far less a shift in policy than an acknowledgment of the practical reality that has resulted from Putin's wildly-successful efforts to divide us internally.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:07 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:02 am

It just is.
Says the guy who thinks “WMDs in Iraq” is a non-sequitur in the context of propaganda and popular opinions.

As if to say WMDs in Iraq is not thee propaganda that influenced the popular opinions
This is where you misunderstand (or intentionally mislead).

I have not said our record is perfect or even good. I have not said the entire Ukraine thing is black and white.

What is, however, black and white (at least with reference to the facts that have been established) is that Putin’s choice to make war on Ukraine’s civilians was not even a tiny bit justified. Not even within a time zone of proportional.

And you keep bringing in one externality after another, none of which come close to changing this one thing that is black and white.

But tell me who’s gaslighting who.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Things change and goals/focuses shift based on time, actions, inactions, policy, etc...

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... e-00133211

Rigidly sticking to one stance no matter what is how idiots do things.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Have you bought groceries in the last year? Are they still the same price they were in 2019?

But more importantly, rate cuts are planned and more QE is likely coming soon. Government is so afraid of a recession that the only thing they can do is print.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?