Welcome Kevin McCullar

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Welcome Kevin McCullar

Post by ousdahl »

“Well, my concern is will he play again this year? It's not a day-to-day deal, it's a week-to-week deal,” Self said. “He obviously won't go on Tuesday and so I'm not going to put him out there because he's missed so much time. Even though you can look at games the number of games missed but that's not the story. The story is, he played against OU and had what, two days of a little bit of practice and then played and wasn’t effective and it didn’t feel good at all. So he's got to practice for a good week before we put him out there so that he can go and not be reinjured worse. Because the big thing is I’d like to have for the postseason, where he's in rhythm, and our team has a chance to be the best it can be going into the second week of March. But, you know, I'm hoping we get him back but it's not anything that I'm I'm thinking it's gonna happen tomorrow or Monday. I don't think that at all.”

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/ar ... 227704754/
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Another failure by the KU medical staff?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

another?

sometimes you try so hard, gutter
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:58 am another?

sometimes you try so hard, gutter
There has GOT to be someone to blame!!!!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

He can play but it hurts and makes it worse.....so we are resting him until game 2 or 3 of the tournament is what it sounds like.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

we don’t see the second weekend if KM can’t go.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chances at the B12 are probably around 2 percent now that scott drew blew it so if we think it’d help, rest him til the b12 tournament.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:44 am I think by missing these games he’s out of the running for B12POY which woulda been our third in a row and fourth in five years.
But who's POY then?
Hunter would be right up there, right? It would be between him and Cryer, unless I am forgetting someone?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think it’s, long deep sad painful sigh, Hunter.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Rafters?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would absolutely never for a one year player, no matter how good.
If he came back next year, and was a consensus 1st team AA or a repeat 1st team AA ( consensus not needed ) plus B12POY, I think you'd have to put him in.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:05 am I would absolutely never for a one year player, no matter how good.
If he came back next year, and was a consensus 1st team AA or a repeat 1st team AA ( consensus not needed ) plus B12POY, I think you'd have to put him in.
The criteria should absolutely be different for Wiggins-type than Frank Mason-type players....or even DH/Kj type players since those will become increasingly rare.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Right.
For me, you'd have to be here minimum 2 years, with 2 1st team AA selections.
And that 2nd year you'd have to be consensus 1st team AA with a strong argument for CPOY.

3-4 years?
I'd bend the rules a touch depending on your totals.
Say you were 2nd team AA and then non consensus 1st team AA but somehow didn't win B12POY in a close contest with another dude from the B12 who made the 1st team.
Just your total resume there.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I'd rather have 4 year players like Kj Adams hanging in the rafters than an Andrew Wiggins. Even though Kj will never have the accolades that Wiggins received.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

As i've said before, I think the qualifications to have your jersey hang in the rafters, should be even more strict than the general guidelines Self has kinda tiptoed around.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i agree with that

personally, i kinda think the rules should be less flexible. i see zero reason to put 1-and-dones in the rafters. there are plenty of other ways to honor their time and contributions

i get that this is the golden era, but bending rules only diminishes the honor, imo
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:29 am Right.
For me, you'd have to be here minimum 2 years, with 2 1st team AA selections.
And that 2nd year you'd have to be consensus 1st team AA with a strong argument for CPOY.

3-4 years?
I'd bend the rules a touch depending on your totals.
Say you were 2nd team AA and then non consensus 1st team AA but somehow didn't win B12POY in a close contest with another dude from the B12 who made the 1st team.
Just your total resume there.
You should go back and check just how many great KU players would not have their jerseys hung by your criteria. No T-Rob, no Rush, lots of guys would not be up there.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:44 am I'd rather have 4 year players like Kj Adams hanging in the rafters than an Andrew Wiggins. Even though Kj will never have the accolades that Wiggins received.
I'd rather neither player be up there as neither earned it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Rush doesnt make my jersey cut.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:18 am Rush doesnt make my jersey cut.
Same.