NCAA Tournament 2024

Kansas Basketball.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by Overlander »

Sad to see so many “fans” here shit all over a guy who played his ass off for KU.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:48 pm Sad to see so many “fans” here shit all over a guy who played his ass off for KU.
Yep. Mccullar was awesome for us the last 2 years. Blue collar hard nosed team player that improved a ton. Wish he could play
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I am confident that does too
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

UConn wouldn’t have to fly until the final four in AZ.

Their regionals are both a 90 minute bus ride away.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:28 pm UConn wouldn’t have to fly until the final four in AZ.

Their regionals are both a 90 minute bus ride away.
Brooklyn is a lot longer than a 90 minute bus ride.
You are correct about Boston being about 90 minutes away from Storrs by bus.
My hope is UConn won't be playing in Boston. Fuck 'em.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh dang...I'm just parroting whatever Putin I mean the play-by-play guys said at the end of Colorado State ramming Virginia.

42 points! Pretty sure even we coulda outscored em.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He literally could play though. He has been doing so. It didn’t get worse.

I think Selfs frustrated. You can tell by how he’s talked to the media about it this season.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

if this is really just about Kevin's draft stock, it seems like a gamble between the red flag of injuring it further or looking bad playing hobbled, versus the red flag of "well he has a history of lingering injuries"

wasn't he gimpy for a stretch last year too? was he ever hurt at Tech?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:09 am oh dang...I'm just parroting whatever Putin I mean the play-by-play guys said at the end of Colorado State ramming Virginia.

42 points! Pretty sure even we coulda outscored em.
My guess is the Colorado State / Virginia play by play guy is a play by play guy who did the Colorado State / Virginia game because he doesn't have a degree in Geography. ;)
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I just google mapped it.

apparently Storrs, CT to Brooklyn, NY is like 141 miles, but it's like almost a 3 hour drive. There's so much shit thru there
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:26 am He literally could play though. He has been doing so. It didn’t get worse.

I think Selfs frustrated. You can tell by how he’s talked to the media about it this season.
MAYBE just MAYBE..... He could play but HE may feel he can't play to the best of his ability - which would not only be detrimental to him and his future but also to the team in the tournament - and HE may think who ever replaces him gives KU a better chance to win - and it would be selfish of him to play? :?
Nah, probably not.

His best or 2nd best player is out for the tournament. Of course Self is frustrated. No matter if SELF thinks McCullar can/should play or not. Shit, WE (you, me, my guess is most others on here) are frustrated.

Here is where I am torn. I think if he can, he should at least try and play. For his sake and his team's sake.
He plays and he plays well, it can/would only help him (and his team) in the future.
He plays and doesn't play well, it MIGHT hurt him (and his team) in the future.
He doesn't play - it probably has no bearing on his future (but it probably does on his team's).
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There is. ( going to Connecticut ) You would likely want to drive up to Queens and take the Queensboro ( or I guess tunnel depending on traffic ) then you’d decide if you wanted to drive up through white plains up to Poughkeepsie and take that bridge or just bite the bullet and just take Washington bridge.

Depending on time of day though ( early or late ) you could also just drive into Manhattan and take the FDR down to the Manhattan bridge.

That’s like an hour ( longer if you’re going to Poughkeepsie ) just right there getting across the Hudson.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“ but also to the team in the tournament - and HE may think who ever replaces him gives KU a better chance to win - and it would be selfish of him to play?”

But we all know and he knows and Self knows this isn’t the case. Elmarko will replace him in the lineup. McCullar could play on one leg and be about the same of an impact right now.

Selfs been frustrated about this all season. And he deflects to McCullar ( and likely his camp at this point ).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’d play.
I’m not leaving my team behind.
I understand there’s money here ( but that’s also kind of the point ).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bet Pitino and Moser are even angrier right now.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

FWIW (A Happy Meal with cold fries and a missing toy and an early loss in the tournament for KU?).....

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think he can play.
Self said it hasn’t gotten worse.
He played a half in our last game.

I’m sure he’s upset. I don’t doubt he’s hurt. I think he’s not playing through it not bc he physically simply cannot but more mentally in fear of his draft prospects/status.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess the only thing left to do now is hope he goes first round
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:48 pm Sad to see so many “fans” here shit all over a guy who played his ass off for KU.
I wouldn't go too far out on a limb for someone like McCullar if I were you, Overlander. Any minute now one of the mind-readers, one of the telepathists here, who knows what McCullar's thinking and what's really motivating him is going to post one of any number of the videos showing McCullar not giving his all, ever, at KU, and you'll be shamed.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If he could play vs Houston and it hasn’t gotten worse it’s mental over physical.

He’s making a decision that he feels best for himself.
We don’t have to like that decision.