Public etiquette thread

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 104

Re: Public etiquette thread

Post by Deleted User 104 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:10 am Saw DC in black square toes today.
Oh God, really?? DC in duck shoes??
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what happens if someone has a mouth full of chew and then they sneeze?

that might be the one instance I would want a big loud holler of a sneeze, just so maybe it would scare me away from the projectile diarrhea/cum shot that likely results.
Deleted User 104

TDub wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:59 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:37 am
TDub wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:42 am

What about two truck drivers?
Doing what, exactly?

Just giving lobster shit about his tow truck driver meltdown on the other site
Do you tow part time or something?
shindig

Post by shindig »

So just during my quick jaunt over to City Center to get some tacos, 3 incidences happened....maybe I just don't like people.

First, a lady in front of me places 4 separate orders (all written down on a piece of paper) for her other fat co-workers. I found myself thinking how much I wanted to smash her face into the glass...is that bad?

Second, the guy behind me was this weird little dude that didn't understand personal space. I mean normal distance between strangers is at least a foot or more right?...this guy was literally like 1 inch from me. Weirdo.

Third, I'm filling my ice (there are two machines) and the guy next to me spills ice on the floor and just walks off without picking it up, so I end up picking the ice up and tossing it into the ice tray.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Lady multiple orders - 5 out of 10 annoying. Ideally, you bundle that shit up, and place one order, but who knows if she's to blame - could be anal coworkers.

Personal space dude - 7 out of 10. Sometimes I'll purposely just shift my foot back or stretch/swing elbows and pretend like I didn't know they were there.

Ice guy - 9 out of 10. If it was actual trash, 10 out of 10, but it's ice, so it'll eventually melt, but the people who think, 'someone else will deal with this, not my problem' after making a mistake like that can fuckthemselves.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

personal space is a big one.

I can't tell you how many folks will approach me, and keep approaching me, and approach me some more, and I take a step back, and hope I don't get pinned against a wall, and they continue the approach until they're within inches of my face, just to ask how to get to y'all's pool.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

lobster wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:37 am
TDub wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:59 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:37 am

Doing what, exactly?

Just giving lobster shit about his tow truck driver meltdown on the other site
Do you tow part time or something?
No
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

how about this...people that come up and pet your dog without asking?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:10 am Saw DC in black square toes today.
Wrong!

I wear nothing but Loewe's by Jonathan Anderson these days.

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Sweet kicks...
Deleted User 104

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:50 am
Personal space dude - 7 out of 10. Sometimes I'll purposely just shift my foot back or stretch/swing elbows and pretend like I didn't know they were there.
Done that a few times myself.

Another one: People on planes who choose the window seat and sleep and close the window. I want to see where I am, damnit.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"People on planes who choose the window seat and sleep and close the window. I want to see where I am, damnit."

If you're a window seat, you get control of the window.
I'm an aisle guy and I understand that.
Deleted User 104

Sigh... I hate to have to agree. But they shouldn't sit there if they just want to sleep.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Had someone on my last flight bitch at me because I wouldn't shut the shade. Asshole!
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Peple on planes who use an armrest not by putting their arms lengthwise on the armrest, but across the armrest with their elbows into the space, even into the ribs, of the person seated next to them.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

People who eat shit airport food (such as egg mc murfers) and then fart on the plane.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The window seat is best for sleeping cuz then you can lean your head against the window/wall.

Where else are you supposed to sleep on a plane??

On the aisle seat, where you get bumped by the beverage cart?

In the middle seat wedged between two fatties?

Actually between two fatties sounds kinda cozy. It’s like one of those little horseshoe shaped neck pillows, but for your entire body.
Deleted User 104

ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:35 pm In the middle seat wedged between two fatties?
That is the worst. They should charge larger customers more and give them 2 seats.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"The window seat is best for sleeping cuz then you can lean your head against the window/wall."

Yea.
This is a general understanding with me as an aisler and those that go window.
I'm guessing there's a good chance you're gonna close the window and get some shut eye.

I can't sleep on planes and like to get a little extra leg spread into the aisle ( just enough; not like, i'm going to trip you kinda stretch ).

I wonder what % of people in the world actually choose ( if they have a choice of all 3 ) to go middle seat.
Deleted User 104

No one intentionally chooses the middle seat.