Inside the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Inside the NBA

Post by pdub »

This deserves its own thread.
NBC in rumors to be landing the NBA playoffs which would mean Inside the NBA would end.
That would be soul crushing.

https://www.wsj.com/business/media/nbc- ... t-e6e14eeb
twocoach

Re: Inside the NBA

Post by twocoach »

It's not just the playoffs if I understand correctly.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Yeah Pdub, that’s what my Barkley quip in the Chiefs’ offseason thread was alluding to.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ernie’s been doing the show for what, 30 plus years? And I guess he’s said he won’t leave.

If Ernie stays with TNT and the other 3 move over to NBC, who is the straight shooter?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:56 pm Ernie’s been doing the show for what, 30 plus years? And I guess he’s said he won’t leave.

If Ernie stays with TNT and the other 3 move over to NBC, who is the straight shooter?
A lot of respect between those guys. I am not sure Chuck and Kenny would leave Ernie.

I think you'd have to totally rebrand it. There are people like me who are going to be bitter if they break this up. And it'll be tough to convert me to whatever the lookalike show is. On either station.

They better not fuck this up. There are ways to make this work.

That show (the pregame, in between game, and postgame) is better than the games themselves a lot of nights. Nothing lasts forever, but sure felt like they had another 10 years with these guys together. I'll be very sad if this show dies. It's them all together that makes it as good as it is.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chuck has already said he could be a free agent.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Anything that gets mumbly-mouthed Shaq off of my TV is Overlander approved
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Shaq is a riot.
He and Chuck are television gold.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'm being dead serious when I say I feel Lorne Michaels should pay them each a million (or more) to come do a couple of Weekend Updates on SNL.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

venu?

yet another steaming service to pay for if you want to watch sports.

between this and direct pay to play everything is coming up roses this week.

I'm gonna have more free time to get things done
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

We've wanted to cut the cord for a long time, but haven't. We've got 4 TVs with cable (directTV) and then 4 others that are smartTVs with only streaming (yes that is probably considered a lot of TVs in 1 house with 4 people). Our internet sort of sucks for whatever reason sometimes, and occasionally our streaming only TVs have some annoying lag/loading moments. Which I would hate for live sports.

First world problems.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:17 am We've wanted to cut the cord for a long time, but haven't. We've got 4 TVs with cable (directTV) and then 4 others that are smartTVs with only streaming (yes that is probably considered a lot of TVs in 1 house with 4 people). Our internet sort of sucks for whatever reason sometimes, and occasionally our streaming only TVs have some annoying lag/loading moments. Which I would hate for live sports.

First world problems.
You should cut the cord and amp up your bandwidth. I have about had it with Firesticks; Smart TVs run so much better. I tend to watch the Royals in my garage on the Roku Smart TV. Best stream of any I have.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

"cutting the cord" ain't as glamorous as they make it out to be.

most people that I know that "cut the cord" either"
1. regret it
or
2. went back to the cord

tv has gotten out of hand. the cord is expensive. cutting the cord is expensive.

there is too much content. and not enough hours in a day.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I dunno I cut the cord and don't regret it.

what I'm seeing more than people going back to cable is people cutting the cord, then cutting temhe streaming services down to one or 2 and just choosing to miss out on the shows that only are on specific services.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

we tried to keep up with all the content. we tried to watch it all. it's impossible.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We get HBOMax for free, use Amazon Prime for shipping and subscribe to DirectTV for sports ( and Hallmark and HDTV ).

Netflix, Hulu, Apple, Disney? Nah, we good.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

It's not unusual for me to spend several days at a time at my daughter's house watching her 10 and 13 y/o daughters, and based on my experience there where they have cut the cord and rely on Hulu, it's unlikely I'll cut the cord soon.

If I want to watch something, I want to watch it and don't care to put up with the hassles they go thru. No doubt it costs me more money, but to me, I guess it's worth it.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don’t get it but even then it’s still funny.