Charges

Ugh.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Charges

Post by Sparko »

I think an amicus brief extolling the aggravating factors should put him in jail. Six months. Also he should face sanction. 2016 is vacated. Along with 13 scholarships to Trump U.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:52 pm I also wonder what a not guilty wonder if a not guilty helps him significantly? I sort of doubt it.

Tbh, I think pretty much everyone already knows who they are voting for unless Trump or Biden drop out.
I don't know man, I think he'll work the "I'm completely exonerated", "they were/are just out to get poor, aggrieved, falsely accused, little old me" angle to the max.

Just like a conviction will likely hurt him with a small segment of the population, I'd guess in the same way, a "not guilty" verdict will give some people who are on the fence permission to crawl back into the cult.

And with the economy most likely headed downward over the months, that could be significant.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Kristi Noem better hurry and put in an appearance among the craven spineless attending the trial if she has any hope of being Trump's VP.

(I would add that Noem has no hope anyway, but Sarah Palin just called.)
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Sparko wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:10 pm I think an amicus brief extolling the aggravating factors should put him in jail. Six months. Also he should face sanction. 2016 is vacated. Along with 13 scholarships to Trump U.
Haha yes!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

You might say, "it's unprecedented!"

Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:15 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:11 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:04 pm

The question is, will it matter?
In what sense?
Even if he's convicted, will he actually get jail time? Seems unlikely. Will it hurt his chances to beat Biden? Maybe a little, but he's still leading Biden in many of the polls. Trump has a legit shot at winning if Biden is his opponent.
Polls are worthless. No one under the age of 55 is answering an unknown call on their cell phone.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:24 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:11 pm

In what sense?
Even if he's convicted, will he actually get jail time? Seems unlikely. Will it hurt his chances to beat Biden? Maybe a little, but he's still leading Biden in many of the polls. Trump has a legit shot at winning if Biden is his opponent.
Polls are worthless. No one under the age of 55 is answering an unknown call on their cell phone.
Ok.

So you're saying Trump has no chance to beat Biden whether he's convicted or not?

Or just arguing to argue?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Since no one else is willing to, I'll ask the question everyone is wondering but too nice to ask:

How many spineless, craven, Republican vice president wannabees can give Trump a reach around at the same time: (There, I asked it!)

Liz Cheney mocks Speaker Johnson for appearing at hush money trial

Exactly...
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:49 am
twocoach wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:24 am

Ok.

So you're saying Trump has no chance to beat Biden whether he's convicted or not?

Or just arguing to argue?
I am sorry you are struggling with reading comprehension this morning. Hopefully your coffee kicks in soon and gets you up and running before you log in to work.

Yes, Trump has a chance as he clearly has supporters. I simply stated that polling as it is currently done is worthless in today's society. Drawing any sort of conclusion from them is foolish as has been proven out time after time after time in the last few years.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

More "witty zingers" as you like to call them? LOL

Rough week? 4am and you're arguing polls are worthless?

Most everyone here is adult enough to know what polls are good for and what they're not good for. They're not perfect, but they're what we've got.

Just a weird 4am post that had nothing to do with what was actually being discussed....but, thanks for keeping me in check, coach. I bet you're a ton of fun to be around in real life.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

"Still leading in the polls". Used as a supporting statement to the comment that followed about Trump having legit chance to win.

Before the sun is even up, you're saying polls are worthless. OK?

And then agree Trump has a legit chance to win.

So....what was the point of your post? Just to give us one of your rants about polls? Seemed like you were trying to find any way possible to make an argumentative post. Is it that time of the month?

Oh, and I don't drink coffee. And I don't (schedule) "work" (for myself) on Wednesdays. Wednesdays are golf days.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

get a room
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:05 amget a room
🧑‍🤝‍🧑

He's not really my type.

I am just wondering why he's running around in every thread being a dick to everyone the last week or so. Started with some obnoxious comment to TDub. Now he's cruising around giving "friendly reminders" about a football kickers mom, and letting me know how worthless polls are....even though he agrees with what the polls are indicating (and I agree polls are mostly worthless, at least at perfectly predicting who is going to win).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:09 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:05 amget a room
🧑‍🤝‍🧑

He's not really my type.

I am just wondering why he's running around in every thread being a dick to everyone the last week or so. Started with some obnoxious comment to TDub. Now he's cruising around giving "friendly reminders" about a football kickers mom, and letting me know how worthless polls are....even though he agrees with what the polls are indicating (and I agree polls are mostly worthless, at least at perfectly predicting who is going to win).
I made a comment about polling with zero comment toward you personally, the same as someone else did in another thread without you getting your panties in a wad. Yet despite the fact that you agree with me that polls are mostly worthless, you still chose to be a dick about my response for no reason at all. If you have such a problem with me personally then mute me and ignore my posts.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

illy, you seem to be chasing him around for no apparent reason

maybe i missed something
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:22 am illy, you seem to be chasing him around for no apparent reason

maybe i missed something
I usually don't start it...

But, maybe I shouldn’t have taken offense to his rude behavior towards others and taken it upon myself to give some back to him.

Either way, I'll stop. (Eventually)
Last edited by DeletedUser on Wed May 15, 2024 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:20 am I made a comment about polling with zero comment toward you personally, the same as someone else did in another thread without you getting your panties in a wad. Yet despite the fact that you agree with me that polls are mostly worthless, you still chose to be a dick about my response for no reason at all. If you have such a problem with me personally then mute me and ignore my posts.
Now who seems to be having the reading comprehension issues? Might want to go back and read the interaction.

I asked 2 questions to your first post about polling and then you came with the reading comprehension "zinger" and have your coffee and get ready for work bullshit.

It's right up there.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Let's get back to discussing something serious, like how many people can give Trump a reach around at the same time, or GTFO!
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:00 am Let's get back to discussing something serious, like how many people can give Trump a reach around at the same time, or GTFO!
If we are being honest, how many people have the necessary wingspan to actually do that?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:09 am
Shirley wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:00 am Let's get back to discussing something serious, like how many people can give Trump a reach around at the same time, or GTFO!
If we are being honest, how many people have the necessary wingspan to actually do that?
OK, now you've done it.

I can't get that image out of my mind!
Anand Giridharadas