Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by KUTradition »

so he doesn’t know what he’s talking about?

shocking
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh interesting, thanks for the info.

What do you think of the “above market” part?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:22 am so he doesn’t know what he’s talking about?

shocking
If you really want me to not communicate further, then please refrain from the petty insults yourself.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

yep, defiantly ignorant as usual
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:56 am Oh interesting, thanks for the info.

What do you think of the “above market” part?
They didn't give enough info to determine anything about that claim.

Who are we supposed to blame if they did in fact sign a bad lease? Why does it matter?

For instance: if their land lease was just a base rent, and not a % of sales component, and then the restaurant sales tanked, then if I wanted to make the claim that there was an "above market lease rate" when analyzed looking at it from a rent as a % of total sales perspective, I could. And I wouldn't be wrong when comparing it to peer restaurants rent as a % of total sales.....but it also would be misleading. Because it's not that the lease terms were unfair, it's because the restaurant sucked and didn't produce enough sales....but they didn't provide much info on what was unfair about the lease terms.

Either way, how were they forced into the shitty lease? What difference does it make?

I sort of thought the point of the story was the shady stuff about the shrimp sales and then subsequent bankruptcy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sorry to derail the thread but I have an important public service announcement.

I did an experiment both yesterday and this morning in which the results make little to no sense to me.

Yesterday.... Woke up and got on TWO scales. Took a piss, got back on the scaleS, according to one scale I lost .4 pounds and according to the other scale I lost .3 pounds. Close enough.
An hour later, I got back on the scaleS and despite drinking some water and drinking 2 cups of coffee, I weighed the same on BOTH scales as I weighed the last time I was on the scaleS.
Took a shit in which I figured I crapped between a 1/4 pound and a half pound.
Got back on the scaleS. Weighed the same as I weighed before I took the shit.

Today.... See yesterday. Except I lost .3 pounds with my piss on scale 1 and .3 pounds on scale 2.

Make it makes sense to/for me.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Why do you have two scales?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Excellent article, thanks.

Unfull Disclosure: Someone I used to know quite well was intimately involved in negotiating the sale of the Red Lobster chain to Golden Gate.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:53 am Sorry to derail the thread but I have an important public service announcement.

I did an experiment both yesterday and this morning in which the results make little to no sense to me.

Yesterday.... Woke up and got on TWO scales. Took a piss, got back on the scaleS, according to one scale I lost .4 pounds and according to the other scale I lost .3 pounds. Close enough.
An hour later, I got back on the scaleS and despite drinking some water and drinking 2 cups of coffee, I weighed the same on BOTH scales as I weighed the last time I was on the scaleS.
Took a shit in which I figured I crapped between a 1/4 pound and a half pound.
Got back on the scaleS. Weighed the same as I weighed before I took the shit.

Today.... See yesterday. Except I lost .3 pounds with my piss on scale 1 and .3 pounds on scale 2.

Make it makes sense to/for me.
Unfortunately, home scales are notoriously inaccurate. But, they're useful to monitor how your weight changes over time. That being the case, I'd choose one and monitor your weight with it to see how your weight trends, but not expect the weight itself to be all that precise.
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Air must have weight right? I mean molecules don't have 0 mass?

so does a balloon weigh more inflated than deflated? I assume it must. I don't know why I'm asking. carry on.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

mass =\= weight
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

aren't air molecules so small humans still haven't invented a microscope able to see them?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:41 am Why do you have two scales?
Good question!
I had the first one for a couple of years and thought it MIGHT be inaccurate.
I bought the second one (different manufacturer) to see how close the weight measurements would be. They are typically exactly the same - or within 1/10 of a pound difference.

I'm telling you (and anyone else who reads this) something just isn't adding up in terms of my weight and what goes in and out of my body. I'm just wondering if it's the same for everyone and if so, why?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:50 am
Good question!
I bought the second one (different manufacturer) to see how close the weight measurements would be. They are typically exactly the same - or within 1/10 of a pound difference.

I'm telling you (and anyone else who reads this) something just isn't adding up in terms of my weight and what goes in and out of my body. I'm just wondering if it's the same for everyone and if so, why?
After years of telling my dieting patients that they shouldn't weigh themselves daily because it's often difficult to explain the variances over such short periods of time, since I began intermittent fasting/time restricted eating a couple of years ago, I weigh myself at least once every morning and often more frequently than that if I think there's a reason for it to have changed for the better. In my experience, it doesn't always, but nearly always makes sense, depending on the ratio of influent vs. effluent...

#yesimahypocrite
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

How observant are you? What's wrong with this/these picture/s?

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That you haven’t cleaned your dock ( unless you actually use all of those apps ).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

That and.....
Same horse (Traffic Master) entered at two different tracks with post times 1 minute apart.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Good question!

Edema.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:16 pm
Good question!

Edema.
Very possible!