Pity the Demonrat

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: Pity the Demonrat

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:59 pm And again, the goal isnt to be better than some third world african nations. Arguing that "hey, you're better off here than in Africa" is absurd.
That's kinda racist, bro.

Seriously, though. Isn't that analogous to Trump's "Third World shithole" statement that is so roundly condemned?
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:46 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:59 pm And again, the goal isnt to be better than some third world african nations. Arguing that "hey, you're better off here than in Africa" is absurd.

Seriously, though. Isn't that analogous to Trump's "Third World shithole" statement that is so roundly condemned?
You're trying too hard. That's ridiculous. It was in response to the notion that "most blacks have it better here than in Africa". Oh, and I didnt see you calling that post out as racist.

Hike your pants up, your hypocrisy is showing.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:59 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:46 pm

You're trying too hard. That's ridiculous. It was in response to the notion that "most blacks have it better here than in Africa". Oh, and I didnt see you calling that post out as racist.

Hike your pants up, your hypocrisy is showing.
I'm not holding you responsible for what Lobster said, just asking you to reflect on your own words.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

It's racist to say most blacks have it better here than in Africa? lol, how so? Facts are racist?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

lobster wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:09 pm Facts are racist?
Now you're gettin' it!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Have you ever actually been anywhere in Africa, or are you just assuming they’re all shithole countries?
Deleted User 104

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:15 pm Have you ever actually been anywhere in Africa, or are you just assuming they’re all shithole countries?
You make a fair point -- not all of Africa is the same. But there definitely are a lot of parts of it I would not want to visit.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:02 pm Ooooookay. I went against my better judgment and tried to reason with you and got what I should have expected in return.

Back on ignore you go.
What you got is the statement of someone who worked in the real world of sexual assault cases, who watched over 2000 interviews of sexual assault victims, who saw the vacant eyes of a victim of gang rape who'd been raped with a broomstick, who watched a prosecutor win the case of an older victim that hung out in scuzzy bars and was brutalized, and has a different view of listening to victims than the "the woman is always wrong" version which you seem to hold.

I read through your "I have no facts about Ford's testimony, but my opinion counts more than anyone else's" nonsense and through the litany of how privileged white men get screwed in custody and child support and ..... However, I spent more than 3 decades with someone who actually sat as a domestic magistrate and who actually heard evidence and ruled on child custody cases, and the stuff expressed in your statements was, well...silly. And not much based on evidence. I can hear his voice even now saying, "What is the evidence?"

Since that makes me cry, I won't be bothering with your silliness from now on.
Don't inject Lysol.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Yes, Lobster I love Candace Owens. She is definitely a breath of fresh air. She makes so much sense. I see great things in her future.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

lobster wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:09 pm It's racist to say most blacks have it better here than in Africa? lol, how so? Facts are racist?
Lobster is right. It's where black folks belong.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lobster wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:17 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:15 pm Have you ever actually been anywhere in Africa, or are you just assuming they’re all shithole countries?
You make a fair point -- not all of Africa is the same. But there definitely are a lot of parts of it I would not want to visit.
there are just as many, if not more, parts of ‘murica that i don’t want to visit
Deleted User 104

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:06 pm
there are just as many, if not more, parts of ‘murica that i don’t want to visit
:D

Not sure I would say there are more parts. Of course, there's horrible stuff that happens here as well. I wouldn't want to visit Detroit or Camden NJ. Hell, I'm afraid to drive in some parts of Los Angeles. I'm also afraid of some parts of the South.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

lobster wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:14 pm

Not sure I would say there are more parts. Of course, there's horrible stuff that happens here as well. I wouldn't want to visit Detroit or Camden NJ. Hell, I'm afraid to drive in some parts of Los Angeles. I'm also afraid of some parts of the South.
I lived in the south suburbs of detroit for 3 years and there are most definitely portions of Detroit where white people are flat out not welcome. There are parts of Detroit where whites should not stop at a stop light unless there is a police car at the intersection. Better yet, just avoid it entirely.

The South? That doesnt bother me at all. Frankly the small but not small enough portion of the southern white population that are uneducated, mouth breathing, bible thumping, gun toting, sheet wearing racists are far scarier than any black person I have ever met in the South.

Every black person I have met from the South has been wonderful. But I am biased in that I love the sound of an old black person's voice when it has a tinge of Southern accent. I find them to be fascintating people who have lived a unique and interesting life that is alien and interesting to me.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Can you imagine if Trump said old black people talk differently, as if it's possible to "talk/sound black"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:13 am Can you imagine if Trump said old black people talk differently, as if it's possible to "talk/sound black"
If he was talking about the specific resonance and tone of the sound of their voice as I was then I wouldn't have a problem with it at all.

But that's likely not what he would be talking about.

There are ample examples of how Trump mocks how and what black people speak. Maxine Waters, Don Lemon, LeBron James. The list goes on and on and on.
Last edited by twocoach on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Specifically, Lob. Please tell me the parts of Africa you would not want to visit.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

lobster wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:14 pm

I would add a little place called Branson to your list. Definitely one of Dante's circles of Hell right there.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

chiknbut wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:27 am
Specifically, Lob. Please tell me the parts of Africa you would not want to visit.
If lobs is not going to respond, then I will. Where is hell on earth for some unfortunate people? I wouldn't recommend vacationing to the Central republic of Africa(a truly "shit-hole country). A video on sexual violence of war.
https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/c ... n-republic

And poor Christine Ford thinks she is damaged. How much has her "go-fund-me ballooned up to now? No "go-fund-me for those poor African women.
Last edited by dolomite on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Putting the victim of sexual assault on trial, as y'all have attempted repeatedly, is something that is simply no longer acceptable.
Don't inject Lysol.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

chiknbut wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:27 am
I wouldn't go anywhere in that country.