I believe her

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: I believe her

Post by ousdahl »

ummmmmmmmm......

One current and two former FBI officials confirmed to NBC News that dozens of witnesses have come forward to FBI field offices who say they have information on Brett Kavanaugh, but agents have not been permitted to talk to many of them. To the extent that any interviews have been done, the officials say, it’s not clear the information will be considered as part of the FBI’s limited scope inquiry...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/suprem ... gh-n916146
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:28 pm Poll: More Believe Ford Than Kavanaugh, A Cultural Shift From 1991

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/03/65405410 ... -from-1991
Actually the only "poll" that counts is the one this Saturday morning in the U.S. Senate. All other polls, meh. Don't forget about those polls back in '16 that had Hilldog a 90% chance of winning.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:29 am ummmmmmmmm......

One current and two former FBI officials confirmed to NBC News that dozens of witnesses have come forward to FBI field offices who say they have information on Brett Kavanaugh, but agents have not been permitted to talk to many of them. To the extent that any interviews have been done, the officials say, it’s not clear the information will be considered as part of the FBI’s limited scope inquiry...

But he's been such a great judge!
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so great that over 500 of the top colleagues in his field came out to publicly say he's unfit for the position?

and as for the Senate vote, no doubt all those family values republicans will... wait never mind.

#winning
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

dolomite wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:32 am

In law enforcement there's this thing called "credibility" that allows them to avoid wasting time on paid witnesses, nutjobs, attention whores, and outright liars. I would imagine that the majority of people who call the FBI and say "I have important information about (insert investigation here)" are asked a few diagnostic questions and then kindly but firmly thanked for their time and concern before hearing the dial tone.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

that's not difficult to imagine.

nor is it to imagine that maybe the limited scope inquiry was exactly that.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:49 am that's not difficult to imagine.

You are aware of the extreme animosity the current FBI administration has toward the POTUS, correct? My guess is that they are more inclined to do the opposite of what they are asked then to limit the scope of anything.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

that's awful paranoid, but sure, maybe the FBI has an axe to grind.

or maybe, even if the FBI did have an axe to grind, they couldn't because agents have not been permitted to talk, and even if they were, it’s not clear the information will be considered...?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:07 am that's awful paranoid, but sure, maybe the FBI has an axe to grind.

or maybe, even if the FBI did have an axe to grind, they couldn't because agents have not been permitted to talk, and even if they were, it’s not clear the information will be considered...?
Meh. Let's be honest, you all can keep coming up with objections and problems - real and imagined - until the cows come home. There's been more than enough fooling around and now it is time to get Kavanaugh confirmed and move on to actual important issues.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:36 am

In law enforcement there's this thing called "credibility" that allows them to avoid wasting time on paid witnesses, nutjobs, attention whores, and outright liars. I would imagine that the majority of people who call the FBI and say "I have important information about (insert investigation here)" are asked a few diagnostic questions and then kindly but firmly thanked for their time and concern before hearing the dial tone.
They did not interview either Ford or Kavanaugh. That tells you all you need to know about the legitimacy of the "investigation".
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:01 am

You are aware of the extreme animosity the current FBI administration has toward the POTUS, correct? My guess is that they are more inclined to do the opposite of what they are asked then to limit the scope of anything.
Know a lot of FBI agents, Psych?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:40 am

Sure.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:36 am
HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:36 am
They did not interview either Ford or Kavanaugh. That tells you all you need to know about the legitimacy of the "investigation".
Meh. Let's be honest, you all can keep coming up with objections and problems - real and imagined - until the cows come home. There's been more than enough fooling around and now it is time to get Kavanaugh confirmed and move on to actual important issues.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I do. And I can say with confidence that the number of agents that would allow their possible political feelings to taint the performance of their actual duties would be minuscule....at best.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

You aware that that is just a made up thing, right? Trump and his followers will have you believe that anyone who questions anything about him or his action has it in for him. 99.99% of the FBI don't give a crap about who is President and are 1000 times more a patriot in their service to this country than Trump could ever be.

Unlike imzcount, you actually seem intelligent, so I know you understand what Trump is doing with all of these witch hunt claims. He throws all this crazy into the news cycle to rev up both sides so no one pays attention to him pulling up an armored truck to the front door of the White House.

Educated hardliners with a religious background but little empathy for the well being of others are a critical part of the success of this con.
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:52 pm

I do. And I can say with confidence that the number of agents that would allow their possible political feelings to taint the performance of their actual duties would be minuscule....at best.
Next are you going to tell us the number of cops/troopers that "would allow their possible political feelings to taint the performance of their actual duties would be minuscule....at best"?
Yes, I realize there is difference between federal, state, and local law enforcement.
I also realize that believing "the number of agents that would allow their possible political feelings to taint the performance of their actual duties would be minuscule....at best" - is naive.
I mean heck, Christopher Wray felt the need to say he will implement anti-bias training because.... well, because, ummm. There was known political bias? Nah!
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:14 pm

You aware that that is just a made up thing, right? Trump and his followers will have you believe that anyone who questions anything about him or his action has it in for him. 99.99% of the FBI don't give a crap about who is President and are 1000 times more a patriot in their service to this country than Trump could ever be.

Unlike imzcount, you actually seem intelligent, so I know you understand what Trump is doing with all of these witch hunt claims. He throws all this crazy into the news cycle to rev up both sides so no one pays attention to him pulling up an armored truck to the front door of the White House.

Educated hardliners with a religious background but little empathy for the well being of others are a critical part of the success of this con.
I understand that you see it as a con, and I disagree. He has had to ramp up the "crazy" as you call it to counterbalance the narrative smokescreen that the "mainstream" media is working so hard to keep up. I am excited to support President Trump, even if you call it a con.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Next are you going to tell us the number of cops/troopers that "would allow their possible political feelings to taint the performance of their actual duties would be minuscule....at best"?
Yes, I realize there is difference between federal, state, and local law enforcement.
I also realize that believing "the number of agents that would allow their possible political feelings to taint the performance of their actual duties would be minuscule....at best" - is naive.
I mean heck, Christopher Wray felt the need to say he will implement anti-bias training because.... well, because, ummm. There was known political bias? Nah!
Yeah, that one guy is aniron clad example of thousands of other individuals.
Thanks for clearing that up.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

The poor FBI can't seem to get a break;

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-s ... cted-probe
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:57 pm
Gutter's Mother wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Yeah, that one guy is aniron clad example of thousands of other individuals.
Thanks for clearing that up.
You're right! The 1 or 2 or 3 or 10 or whatever amount of FBI agents you know are the "iron clad" examples of the thousands (10s of thousands?) of FBI agents.
The FBI Director and the Justice Department and what they have to say on the subject don't mean shit.
There is/was no issues - or if there is/was, it was "minuscule" - because you say so.
Got it.
Sorry for the interruption!
Please carry on.