I believe her

Ugh.
Deleted User 62

Re: I believe her

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I know about 300 agents.
FBI and Marshals.
I have come in contact professionally with many hundreds more.

Can you stop throwing numbers at shit you know nothing about?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

dolomite wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:12 pm The poor FBI can't seem to get a break;

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-s ... cted-probe
Of course they’re going to keep throwing a tantrum. They’re losing.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:14 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:01 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:49 am that's not difficult to imagine.

nor is it to imagine that maybe the limited scope inquiry was exactly that.
You are aware of the extreme animosity the current FBI administration has toward the POTUS, correct? My guess is that they are more inclined to do the opposite of what they are asked then to limit the scope of anything.
You aware that that is just a made up thing, right? Trump and his followers will have you believe that anyone who questions anything about him or his action has it in for him. 99.99% of the FBI don't give a crap about who is President and are 1000 times more a patriot in their service to this country than Trump could ever be.

Unlike imzcount, you actually seem intelligent, so I know you understand what Trump is doing with all of these witch hunt claims. He throws all this crazy into the news cycle to rev up both sides so no one pays attention to him pulling up an armored truck to the front door of the White House.

Educated hardliners with a religious background but little empathy for the well being of others are a critical part of the success of this con.
"Unlike imzcount, you actually seem intelligent", With words like that it seems like you are insulting my child and me as well!
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:46 pm I know about 300 agents.
FBI and Marshals.
I have come in contact professionally with many hundreds more.

Can you stop throwing numbers at shit you know nothing about?
1, 2, 10, 300, hundreds more. Whatever the numbers are, did they ALL share with you that they wouldn't allow their possible political feelings to taint their performance of their actual duties?
If they did, then I stand corrected - and by all means you know exactly what you're talking about - in terms of those (less than 1% or 2% or I'll be generous and say 5% of FBI agents) whom you have discussed it with.

Of course those agents whom you know that aren't directly involved in politics are probably not going to let their political feelings taint their performance that doesn't involve politics - but for those who are - exact "numbers" don't really matter to me other than I believe you're naive if you truly can (and do) say with "confidence that the number of agents that would allow their possible political feelings to taint the performance of their actual duties (is) minuscule....at best".

Unlike you, I don't pretend I know for sure one way or the other.
I'm only sharing my opinion/s. Just like you don't actually know for sure - and you're sharing your opinion/s.

'
Deleted User 62

I am not going to argue this further with you.
It is offensive to me that you make unfounded claims about the professionalism of federal investigative agents based on a story or 2 that you came across.
A big part of the job is remaining objective and impartial as you investigate persons that may have different values, political beliefs, races...etc.

To suggest otherwise is to under value the education, training, and professionalism required to do the work at the federal level.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:10 pm I am not going to argue this further with you.
It is offensive to me that you make unfounded claims about the professionalism of federal investigative agents based on a story or 2 that you came across.
A big part of the job is remaining objective and impartial as you investigate persons that may have different values, political beliefs, races...etc.

To suggest otherwise is to under value the education, training, and professionalism required to do the work at the federal level.
Peter Strozyk says hello.
Deleted User 62

JFC
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:10 pmJFC
The best founding farmer!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

amazing how poor some posters’ reading abilities are
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Oh, my bad. I guess Strozyk and Lisa Page didn’t work for the FBI.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:26 pm amazing how poor some posters’ reading abilities are
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:39 pm
Oh, my bad. I guess Strozyk and Lisa Page didn’t work for the FBI.
or McCabe and Comey
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Either way, we shouldn't confirm this dude. Maybe it's unfair (maybe not), but he played his hand wrong and said way too much stuff in his hearing. Just find someone else. Pushing him thru just to avoid possible implications from the upcoming election cycle is just as bad as delaying it to possibly benefit from the upcoming elections.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Up to 2400 signatures on the letter.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... etter.html
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:59 pm Either way, we shouldn't confirm this dude. Maybe it's unfair (maybe not), but he played his hand wrong and said way too much stuff in his hearing. Just find someone else. Pushing him thru just to avoid possible implications from the upcoming election cycle is just as bad as delaying it to possibly benefit from the upcoming elections.
He’s going to be confirmed. The temper tantrum didn’t work; the smoke and mirrors failed; the character assassination withered in the light of the truth. All it really managed to accomplish was to galvanize Republican voters. Game over.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Geezer wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:01 pm Up to 2400 signatures on the letter.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... etter.html
I do not believe much that the nytimes prints anymore, especially when these professors are most likely liberal Democrats. Sorta mirrors my opinion about polls and I think you know how I feel about political polls.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:10 pm I am not going to argue this further with you.

I am going to "argue" (in a respectful manner) this further because frankly I don't think you are bothering to try and comprehend what I am expressing.
My "unfounded" claims are a direct reflection of your "unfounded" claims.
I base my opinion on a lot more than "a story or 2" that I came across. I base it on the people I know and the things I have witnessed and experienced. No, I have never been a State Trooper or a Marshall or a Ranger. You're one up on me there. Nor have I ever worked for the FBI (side note - my father worked for the CIA) but I have interacted with people from all walks/levels of politics and law enforcement through both professional and personal avenues. Yes, FBI included.
Anyways, I happen to actually believe that 90% (give or take 5%) of FBI "agents" are extremely "professional" and pretty much fully "trustworthy".
As I stated before, "bias" or not, THE DIRECTOR OF THE FBI felt the need to say he was going to order bias training for those who work under him at the FBI. He said it, not me. Perhaps he said it to appease the Department of Justice but I assure you he didn't say it to appease me because you and I are "arguing".
Believe it or not, I am aware of the "big parts (plural) of the job" of an FBI investigator.
I don't at all undervalue the education, training, and professionalism required to do the work at the federal level. Although..... Never mind. Just as I don't undervalue my belief that there is some "political bias" (as small or as large as it may be individually) that takes place among a lot more agents than you assume there are - or are not.
Maybe I am completely wrong - and I would actually like to believe I am wrong.
Please feel free to convince me I am. I welcome anyone else to do so too.
Deleted User 62

I didnt really have a strong feeling either way in regards to confirmation going into this hearing.

As it stands after, my opinion is that he acted exactly, under pressure, the way a guilty person acts.

And please, save me the whiney ass excuse that he was badgered into that behavior.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

Did you interact with them or work with them?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:07 pm

Peter Strozyk says hello.
If being biased and partisan is such a problem for you then how can you support Kavanaugh? Strozyk sent a private text to his girlfriend; Kavanaugh announced his bias and partisanship live on national television.