Pity the Demonrat

Ugh.
Deleted User 57

Re: Pity the Demonrat

Post by Deleted User 57 »

lobster wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:14 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:06 pm
lobster wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:17 pm

You make a fair point -- not all of Africa is the same. But there definitely are a lot of parts of it I would not want to visit.
there are just as many, if not more, parts of ‘murica that i don’t want to visit
:D

Not sure I would say there are more parts. Of course, there's horrible stuff that happens here as well. I wouldn't want to visit Detroit or Camden NJ. Hell, I'm afraid to drive in some parts of Los Angeles. I'm also afraid of some parts of the South.
My guess is you would be afraid of more parts of the South if you were Black.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:34 pm
there are just as many, if not more, parts of ‘murica that i don’t want to visit

Not sure I would say there are more parts. Of course, there's horrible stuff that happens here as well. I wouldn't want to visit Detroit or Camden NJ. Hell, I'm afraid to drive in some parts of Los Angeles. I'm also afraid of some parts of the South.
My guess is you would be better suited for the other forums on this site.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

My guess is he would also be less afraid of parts of inner cities if he were black.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:37 pm
chiknbut wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:27 am
lobster wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:17 pm

You make a fair point -- not all of Africa is the same. But there definitely are a lot of parts of it I would not want to visit.
Specifically, Lob. Please tell me the parts of Africa you would not want to visit.
If lobs is not going to respond, then I will. Where is hell on earth for some unfortunate people? I wouldn't recommend vacationing to the Central republic of Africa(a truly "shit-hole country). A video on sexual violence of war.
https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/c ... n-republic

And poor Christine Ford thinks she is damaged. How much has her "go-fund-me ballooned up to now? No "go-fund-me for those poor African women.
There are billions of dollars flowing from private citizens of the US to "those poor African women" via countless organizations and charities.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Why are we even talking about women in Africa?

Would any of the white males on this forum not report a carjacking to the police because men in Africa don't have cars?
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Sea, we had to bring up Africa to keep things in perspective. It's really easy to not see how decent America is when you're immersed it in all the time. Sure, we have problems, but relative to Africa, well... no one here on this site is going to choose Africa over the US.

We DO have real problems with health care, poor schools, lack of manufacturing jobs, etc. We do have real problems with crime in our black and Hispanic communities. We are never going to solve these real problems if we keep talking about these mostly fictional things like "rape culture", "white privilege", the "patriarchy", "women's oppression" etc. This is my problem with the extreme left -- they waste all their energy on these things that are ludicrous. Trump is lying about the economy being great, and there's all kinds of problems that the extreme right is causing. The right actually likes that the left keeps focusing on these small problems, as it prevents the country from focusing on the problems caused by the right wing wackos.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

We can't have nice things because women demand that they not be raped is not a successful argument, no matter how many times you say, "But women in Africa."
Don't inject Lysol.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

A story about Marie, lobster, whose life was destroyed by male cops who didn't believe her. Maybe you could explain to all the Marie's about women in Africa.

Ken Armstrong and T. Christian Miller explore this tension in their new book "A False Report: A True Story Of Rape In America." The story begins with Marie, a young woman in Washington state who told police there she was raped at knifepoint in her apartment in 2008. A week later, police confronted Marie with inconsistencies in her story and they pressured her to recant. She did. The terrible thing was Marie had not lied, and her attacker went on to rape several more women.

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/06/58377837 ... re-treated

This NPR podcast explains the story. Male cops decided that Marie was not credible, for reasons that perhaps House Divided can explain. Female cops later performed their job and uncovered a serial rapist. Of course, in between, Marie lost everything and was forced to confess to a crime.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/why-w ... -suspect-2

That's what you're okay with for American women, because at least they don't live in Africa? Sorry, we're not buying it, Lobster.
Last edited by seahawk on Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lobster wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:25 am Sea, we had to bring up Africa to keep things in perspective. It's really easy to not see how decent America is when you're immersed it in all the time. Sure, we have problems, but relative to Africa, well... no one here on this site is going to choose Africa over the US.

We DO have real problems with health care, poor schools, lack of manufacturing jobs, etc. We do have real problems with crime in our black and Hispanic communities. We are never going to solve these real problems if we keep talking about these mostly fictional things like "rape culture", "white privilege", the "patriarchy", "women's oppression" etc. This is my problem with the extreme left -- they waste all their energy on these things that are ludicrous. Trump is lying about the economy being great, and there's all kinds of problems that the extreme right is causing. The right actually likes that the left keeps focusing on these small problems, as it prevents the country from focusing on the problems caused by the right wing wackos.
actually, i may very well choose Africa over the US...wife and i have been talking about it for a few years (along with a handful of other locales)

the US is no longer the beacon on the hill, sadly
Deleted User 57

lobster wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:25 am Sea, we had to bring up Africa to keep things in perspective. It's really easy to not see how decent America is when you're immersed it in all the time. Sure, we have problems, but relative to Africa, well... no one here on this site is going to choose Africa over the US.

Right! America is "decent". Since Trump can't use Make America Great Again if he runs in 2020 perhaps he should use you as a slogan advisor and you can tell him to use - "America is decent and thank God we're not Africa".

Hey Lobster,
If you are ever in Chicago I would love to meet you. I see no reason why we would both wouldn't be cordial to one another. Maybe we could spend the day together and in terms of your post, if you really gave a damn and allowed me to....
I would start off by taking you to visit Erin Walton at Resilience. I would be happy for her to hear your view/s on "rape culture" being fictional - if you cared to share them with her. Then I would love for you to hear her views.
Next I'll introduce you to Michael Pfleger and we'll walk around somewhere such as Englewood and you can tell him and the residents that "White Privilege" is fictional.
Not too sure where and with whom we can go see in Chicago to discuss "patriarchy" but I'll let you decide who you would like to introduce me to that will dispel it.
As far as "women's oppression", I think maybe we could try and visit with arguably Chicago's "most powerful" woman - Mellody Hobson. I have spoken with her personally and I have heard her address a large contingency of investment professionals in 2014 (same conference where Madeleine Albright and Barack Obama were the last two "key note speakers") and despite her being a very successful Black woman in America, I am pretty confident she would be able to convince you that "women's oppression" is not "fictional" - as you claim it to be.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Trevor Noah explains Trump's manipulation of white males to embrace victimhood. He actually lived in Africa, but guess that Trevor still doesn't understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... LZ3P1sv9jE
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

seahawk wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:25 pm Why are we even talking about women in Africa?

Would any of the white males on this forum not report a carjacking to the police because men in Africa don't have cars?
Why do you keep carrying on with this nonsense. Not a single person said a woman shouldn't report a rape. That is ridiculous.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:30 am
seahawk wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:25 pm Why are we even talking about women in Africa?

Why do you keep carrying on with this nonsense. Not a single person said a woman shouldn't report a rape. That is ridiculous.
It's not going to make sense. Use the Ignore function. It makes the board experience exponentially more enjoyable.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 75

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:29 am

It's not going to make sense. Use the Ignore function. It makes the board experience exponentially more enjoyable.
You're probably right.

There's plenty to argue about without making up statements that were never said and then proceeding to spam the thread repeatedly arguing against the statement that was never made.. and against people no longer responding to said spamming of the thread.
Deleted User 57

lobster wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:43 pm

My guess is you would be better suited for the other forums on this site.
Wow! I had skipped ahead and didn't see this when I made my other post directed at you this morning. Shame on me!
Well... Your guess would be correct. I don't pretend that it's not.
MY guess is so would you. How did I do with my guess?
If you respond to my question, PLEASE don't use "AFRICA" in your response.
Thanks in advance.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:32 am

You're probably right.

There's plenty to argue about without making up statements that were never said and then proceeding to spam the thread repeatedly arguing against the statement that was never made.. and against people no longer responding to said spamming of the thread.
Well put. It happened at the dot com, it happened at the dot net, and it will continue to happen here. Some things don't change.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

House Divided: 270 posts

Seahawk: 52 posts
Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so we have “demonrat” and “libtard” and all, but what’s the derogatory term for a conservative?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

You're probably right.

So, the only topic that can be discussed is the victimization of white men?

Guess you didn't read about Marie, who did report a rape and was forced to plead guilty because of it.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

seahawk wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:05 am

You're probably right.

So, the only topic that can be discussed is the victimization of white men?

Guess you didn't read about Marie, who did report a rape and was forced to plead guilty because of it.
Holy fuck, what are you talking about?

This seems an awful lot like trolling and spamming.