Recruiting 2019

Kansas Basketball.
PortlandHawk

Re: Recruiting 2019

Post by PortlandHawk »

BLACKMILD33 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:49 pm
PortlandHawk wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:45 pm All the comments I have seen from other boards and our various compatriots at Phog.Net, Twitter, etc. are saying KU. Haven’t heard any overseas/surprise speculation. We gonna be salty.
THAT BECOUSE WILSON IS NOT GONING OVERSEAS HE IS GONING TO COLLEGE
Which one?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

GONING TO COLLEGE.

Fucking hilarious
BLACKMILD33

Post by BLACKMILD33 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm BLACKMILD WAT ARE THE CHANCES WILSON GON KU
SIGNS ARE POINTIING TO KU
ROCKCHALKJAYHAWK
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ONE WAY SIGNS
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

LUV DA SIGNZ
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

His Crystal Ball vote is already in for Kansaa
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Uhm, what are you? Dumb?

It's Kaasnas
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Hard for some old white dudes to fake being black like other old white dudes...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

What role would he play?
Is he quick enough to guard perimeter players? Does he have any skill that would warrant playing time over Och/Garrett/Moss?
Or would we give Mitch the redshirt he was supposed to get last year and play Wilson at the 4?

Ordinarily my hunch would be the latter. However, with two true bigs out there to at least challenge anything in the paint, we might have more leeway in playing a slower defender on the perimeter.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"247Sports/FS1 College Basketball Insider, Evan Daniels: I really like Jalen Wilson's game. I think this is a kid with very good size for a perimeter prospect. He's a gifted scorer. He's got good shot mechanics, I think there's a lot of potential for him to be a really good shooter one day."

"Jalen is a highly-skilled wing, he's got good length and he can get to the basket. He's really good at finishing through contact. Right now he's not a great athlete, I think the hope is that he gets into a college strength and conditioning program and he becomes a great athlete but he's not there yet. He's a good shooter, not a great shooter, really creative on the offensive end. Defensively he should be able to guard multiple positions. In that respect, he can guard the three and the four"

"At 6-8, he has very good size for the position and he's a good athlete. He has a solid build and one that would fill out further in a college weight room," Daniels wrote. "He already plays well through contact. Shooting is among his biggest strengths. He has good shot mechanics, shot preparation and good range. He's also a good passer."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There'd be two 'guard' spots up for grabs and four guys ( Ochai, Moss, Garrett, Wilson ) fighting for those minutes.
I think Ochai has the inside track to one of them.
You could play some small ball but then you're keeping one of your better players - DeSousa or Dok - on the bench.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Getting Wilson gives Bill another option. Multiple options are one of the goals recruiting.
Big backcourts are nice as long as they are quick enough to guard the small ones.

I think we are Dotson and everybody else over 6-5.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

Sounds like the main thing holding the kid back is strength and conditioning. If that’s true then we got no worries. Hudy will fix that quick, fast, and in a hurry.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

columbusdjkc wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:48 pm Sounds like the main thing holding the kid back is strength and conditioning. If that’s true then we got no worries. Hudy will fix that quick, fast, and in a hurry.
Hudy should be refreshed and ready to get to work. Watching Grimes I'm assuming she was on sabbatical last season, so I hope she recharged her batteries.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

He's a Top 50 kid, not a Top 20 kid so his impact will be relatively small next year. He will play some but I wouldn't expect him to beat out guys like Agbaji or Garrett for a starting spot. But both he and Enaruna will be in the rotation if they pick up their defensive assignments quick enough.

That's my expectation. If he wants to come in and go crazy and be a starting stud, he's more than welcome to surprise me.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I haven't seen (nor have I spent much time looking for) an announcement time. Anyone?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

3 PM Eastern.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:10 am3 PM Eastern.
Gracias.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

What would we really be able to expect out of Wilson? I would assume more ready to play than Enaruna but a likely 3-4 year player? Safely behind Agbaji/Garrett/Moss?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If he picks KU then will someone do us a solid and give him his own welcome thread, please k thanks