F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Re: F the NCAA

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:28 am
TDub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:16 pm You're a peach.

Here ya go. More specific. Nothing happens.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 9181065838
I know the details of the Carolina case. They refused to acknowledge any wrongdoing. That is totally different than refusing to comply with a passed down punishment for violations. Why are you arguing something when you know I am right?
Did you read the fucking article in the link or did you just go immediately to spewing your "I'm right" bullshit?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:16 pm Just ask Syracuse and Tulsa
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:29 am

I know the details of the Carolina case. They refused to acknowledge any wrongdoing. That is totally different than refusing to comply with a passed down punishment for violations. Why are you arguing something when you know I am right?
Did you read the fucking article in the link or did you just go immediately to spewing your "I'm right" bullshit?
Has he ever done anything other than spewing his "I'm right" bullshit?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:29 am

No, I had not but I have now. Meh. If the NCAA doesn't have specific guidelines or punishments in place then KU would have to decide what, if any, consequences would come of leaving them up. If you want to keep that hostile defiance up and in their face, then they just better be OK with any petty consequences that result. Seems stupid to open yourself up to the potential backlash.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

So it's best to blindly follow and accept inept leadership? Seems contradictory to your hot takes on the other boards.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:53 pm So it's best to blindly follow and accept inept leadership? Seems contradictory to your hot takes on the other boards.
Er, OK. If you think thumbing your nose at the organization that determines the eligibility of your payers is a good idea, go for it. Like I said, just be with the consequences.

The NCAA is corrupt, incompetent and inconsistent. I prefer we stay off their radar and pursue change in a less defiant, public manner.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I do think that's best if they want to play that game. Lawyer up and go after it hard. Theyve been ignoring, enabling this shit for years. They're pretty boy Dukies are the top of the heap in the Zion mess (the only thing on our wiretap- which, they cant use). If they try and bring the hammer on us I think we have to swing back and swing hard.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

This case will determine if the NCAA continues its blind eye tactics or not. If they try and play tough, knowing the corruption and cheating is rampant across essentially all D1 schools then it quite possibly will fundamentally change the way the organization operates. We might as well be on the forefront of that charge towards change.
Just Ledoux it
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

We never played Billy. The only "crime" would be SDS when he was a Maryland recruit. Another NCAA committee came back and reduced the penalty. Hard to see if $2500 is a Level One. KT's texts don't paint a good picture but those texts can't be used. I would be shocked if Kansas is one of the six. Reading Rupp, they are convinced that Kansas gets the Death Penalty and Self/ KT get Show Cause.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It is pretty damn annoying that the NCAA gets multiple bites at the apple here (took a run at Silvio, got rebuked, now can take a different tack).
Lonestarjayhawk

Still comes down to what they can prove...not what they think happened. I think we will be good.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:51 pm Still comes down to what they can prove...not what they think happened. I think we will be good.
Not really, it's not court. The payout to Kansas from the trial was essentially meant to cover damages from the potentially upcoming penalties.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:35 am We never played Billy. The only "crime" would be SDS when he was a Maryland recruit. Another NCAA committee came back and reduced the penalty. Hard to see if $2500 is a Level One. KT's texts don't paint a good picture but those texts can't be used. I would be shocked if Kansas is one of the six. Reading Rupp, they are convinced that Kansas gets the Death Penalty and Self/ KT get Show Cause.
One thing to note, which I didn’t realize earlier a Level 1 infraction can still occur during the recruitment of an athlete even if that athlete never participated in a sport on campus ala BP.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Right. In a just and sane world, the fact that we held Billy out would matter. This is not that world.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:37 pm
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:51 pm Still comes down to what they can prove...not what they think happened. I think we will be good.
Not really, it's not court. The payout to Kansas from the trial was essentially meant to cover damages from the potentially upcoming penalties.
Well that’s not right either. It was more to keep the narrative up that KU was a victim.

I doubt we’ve seen a dime of that restitution.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:01 am Right. In a just and sane world, the fact that we held Billy out would matter. This is not that world.
Lol and agreed. This the world were you self report and you get popped while others self deny and nothing takes place.
If something happens I hope KU takes a page from UNC’s playbook and denies, denies and denies and lawyers up to fight this tooth and nail.
Holidaysmore - 2005
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m afeared it’s too late to deny. We’ve already acknowledged too much by trying to play nice.

If the hammer comes down, our only recourse may be some PR narrative that while we’ve tried play by The Rules more so than maybe any other school, it’s all for nothing because of the corruption and dysfunction that is the NCAA?

(Let Silvio be the poster child about how he’s just a good kid from Angola who tried to make something of his life as a student athlete, until the NCAA started douching it up for him instead)
Lonestarjayhawk

The North Carolina Way may be the best defense...that isn't really any of your business!
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, yeah, going forward that’s the best plan.

“After a thorough investigation, we found that Silvio accepted no cash, Billy has no car, and these are not the droids you are looking for.”
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

No no. Best to accept the almighty NCAAs word as gold. Twocoach has spoken.
Just Ledoux it