NBA Offseason

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: NBA Offseason

Post by ousdahl »

nasty as in nasty good, or nasty as in a nasty ticking time bomb of notorious egos that will prob blow up in their own faces?
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

PortlandHawk wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:22 pm Lavar is fuming. Love it.
I feel a little bad for New Orleans now that they have to listen to the loud mouth idiot. Lonzo needs to stand up and tell his dad to hush.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

pdub wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:52 pm Ingram, Kuzma good blocks.
AD top 8 player.
Can Lakes get Butler?

That’d be a nasty squad.
Ingram is now in Norlens.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Geezer wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:12 am
pdub wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:52 pm Ingram, Kuzma good blocks.
AD top 8 player.
Can Lakes get Butler?

That’d be a nasty squad.
Ingram is now in Norlens.
I meant they are just good building blocks—not in the stratosphere of AD.

Plus you get rid of Lonzo!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

GM Bron screws Player Bron again.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

My worthless take....

You have to give something to get something but they gave away too much to get him. First off, if I am not mistaken he's a FA after next season. Of course he will most likely re-sign with the Lakers if they are great (they should be if they all can stay healthy) but if they're not great and let's say for some doubtful but possible reason LeBron ends up like Durant and Thompson (major injury towards the end of the season which will affect the next season) - then I figure he's gone in a heartbeat. Has AD ever played 80 games? He (like any other player) is an injury away from being worthless - and then the Lakers are pretty much screwed without him. The Lakers gave away Ball - former top 5 pick and will be a top 10 PG in the league if he's not already one. Ingram - former top 5 pick and very well may be a top 10 SF if he's not already one. They are giving away another top 5 pick (this year's #4) too. Three guys who will all have good potential to be all-stars one day. 3 All-Stars for 1 usually would not be a good deal. Even if the 1 may be a top 5 player in the league. My guess is the 2020 and 2021 first round picks will be late in the first round/s but we don't know that and no matter where the picks are, it's still 2 first rounders. FYI - Kawhi wasn't a lottery pick. Not a team in the league who wouldn't love to have him. So in essence the Lakers are potentially giving up 5 guys who have a decent chance of being All-Stars one day - for Davis. I don't love the trade. Like I said, I feel the Lakers gave away too much for a guy who wasn't going to be playing for the Pelicans next season anyways. All that being said, it was a power move, one that may have been too good to pass up - and the Lakers had to do something. It was something huge. May backfire, may win them a championship. May do neither. Time will tell.

As far as Mr. Lavar Ball -
Every time I think he's an asshole/idiot/nut job I remind myself I'm the one with him on my brain. Therefore, he got exactly what he wanted and he won. Problem is the MEDIA needs to stop giving the man a platform. Unfortunately as long as we pay attention to him (hate him or not) the media will continue to use him as their whore.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I assume they’ll get a third guy. Either way, we’ve seen the Bron, two guys and a bunch of Daniel Gibsons before. Especially with Davis’ injury history, this just doesn’t seem destined to end well.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Neither LeBron nor AD were on playoff teams last season.

Make of that what you will, but that is quite rare for players of their talent.
Deleted User 266

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:24 am I assume they’ll get a third guy. Either way, we’ve seen the Bron, two guys and a bunch of Daniel Gibsons before. Especially with Davis’ injury history, this just doesn’t seem destined to end well.
Speaking of AD and "injury" history, I have to assume the Lakers brass is well aware of it/this.

Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Paul1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:07 am Problem is the MEDIA needs to stop giving the man a platform. Unfortunately as long as we pay attention to him (hate him or not) the media will continue to use him as their whore.
That's exactly the problem, but they are never going to stop. The media relies on eyeballs viewing their content. This idiot always attracts eyeballs.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Paul1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:00 am
jfish26 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:24 am I assume they’ll get a third guy. Either way, we’ve seen the Bron, two guys and a bunch of Daniel Gibsons before. Especially with Davis’ injury history, this just doesn’t seem destined to end well.
Speaking of AD and "injury" history, I have to assume the Lakers brass is well aware of it/this.

You’d think that if GM lebron has learned anything at all, it would be to at least team up with some more durable stars.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

GM Bron is why Player Bron won’t have an airtight argument for GOAT.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:24 am GM Bron screws Player Bron again.
Huh? The Lakers just traded for a 26 year old superstar on pace to be a Hall of Famer. This is a good trade of the Lakers. Ingram is nice but he isnt even an all star let alone a Hall of Famer.

Ball is an above average PG but not even an All Star level player. Hart is mediocre. The draft picks are more likely to be mediocre than all stars. When you can get a 26 year old likely Hall of Famer, you do that trade every time.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

The Lakers have 6 players currently.

Lebron
AD
Mo Wagner
Kyle Kuzma
Isaac Bonga
Jermerrio Jones
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 266

twocoach wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:43 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:24 am GM Bron screws Player Bron again.
Huh? The Lakers just traded for a 26 year old superstar on pace to be a Hall of Famer. This is a good trade of the Lakers. Ingram is nice but he isnt even an all star let alone a Hall of Famer.

Ball is an above average PG but not even an All Star level player. Hart is mediocre. The draft picks are more likely to be mediocre than all stars. When you can get a 26 year old likely Hall of Famer, you do that trade every time.
Good trade or good acquisition? Big difference. Of course you want a 26 year old superstar who has the ability to dominate a game. Despite the fact that he probably wont give you 80 games a season.
I think the problem people have with the trade is wondering how much input if any LeBron had and what the hell was Pelinka thinking when he gave up two guys the Lakers drafted with the number 2 picks in the draft and is also giving 3 additional 1st round picks for a guy who's team probably would have given him to the Lakers for less. They were looking to get rid of him and if they kept him he wasn't going to re-sign the next season.
You're right that the draft picks are more likely to be mediocre than all-stars but what if they did end up being all-stars and Davis has a major injury? Both unlikely but both a possibility.
Hey, the trade works well for both teams and I truly believe both teams are equally very happy. Today.
Stay tuned.
Deleted User 266

TDub wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:25 pm The Lakers have 6 players currently.

Lebron
AD
Mo Wagner
Kyle Kuzma
Isaac Bonga
Jermerrio Jones
If the Lakers have a healthy and "on" LeBron and AD along with an "on" Kuzma, they can spend their their 30 million and get some nice complimentary players - and be a lot more than just fine.
Watch them sign Kyrie or Kemba and then all of a sudden people will ask if there has ever been a better "Big 3".
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Perhaps. But has anyone even heard of 3 of those 6 players? I think mo wagner went to Michigan right?
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

And all this "he wont give you 80 games" shit? Kawhi Leonard played 60 games in the regular season. I doubt Toronto is sitting around wringing their hands worrying about giving up too much for a guy that didnt give them 80 games.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

While it does suck for the Lakers that AD would have been an FA next year anyways, I’m guessing the Celtics were putting together a competitive package too.
Deleted User 266

twocoach wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:41 pm And all this "he wont give you 80 games" shit? Kawhi Leonard played 60 games in the regular season. I doubt Toronto is sitting around wringing their hands worrying about giving up too much for a guy that didnt give them 80 games.
You're right about not playing the 80 games in comparison to Kawhi. It's not a big deal if AD doesn't play in 80 - as long as he can play in the Playoffs and win a championship as well as a Finals MVP.
Thing is from a fan's perspective, it's not "shit". If the Lakers don't win a championship I'm not going to be too happy if AD not playing 80 had a bearing on home court advantage and it possibly have been a factor.
I'm also not going to be happy if of those games he doesn't play include the playoffs.

As far as Toronto sitting around wringing their hands - they are worrying - about losing him in free agency. Just like the Lakers may/will worry about possibly losing AD after this upcoming season.
A couple of differences between the Lakers and Raptors.
If I am not mistaken the Raptors gave up two guys to get two guys. Not six guys (5 of which have actual/legitimate potential to be all-stars one day) to get one guy.
The Raptors were a playoff team and had a nucleus in place.

If they Lakers land a premier PG - and I fully expect them to - then by all means I'll say great trade for the Lakers. Until then, I will continue to say the Lakers gave up too much to get one guy.