Recruiting 2019

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 266

Re: Recruiting 2019

Post by Deleted User 266 »

LVCHawk wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:20 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:30 am Check out this dunk by Braun. Grill who is going to Iowa State hit the 3.

But man, that dunk.

https://twitter.com/hk_barber/status/11 ... 10274?s=21
Did he blow by a relative of Marcus Smart on that dunk?
I was thinking the same thing. Sort of.

I looked at the scoreboard. I wonder if either of those kids have ever had to go up against NCAA caliber defenses.
Deleted User 266

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:57 pm
PortlandHawk wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:30 pm Welcome Tre White

https://twitter.com/evandaniels/status/ ... 14722?s=21
Hate being negative...but early commitments don't excite me much. Bad track record.
Headline -
FRESHMAN Tre White commits to Kansas

Followed by.....
Tre White did not wait long to end his college recruitment. Just as things were beginning to pick up for the talented rising SOPHOMORE, White decided that there was no need to put off the inevitable as he called Bill Self on Sunday and committed to Kansas.

https://kansas.rivals.com/news/freshman ... -to-kansas

Doesn't matter. Have to figure by the time he's a Senior he will have revisited his "commitment".
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I guess he's really good, so there's a difference.

Also, we seem to be in the age of reclassifying up. So, I say get him here ahead of schedule.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Paul1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:40 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:30 am Check out this dunk by Braun. Grill who is going to Iowa State hit the 3.

But man, that dunk.

https://twitter.com/hk_barber/status/11 ... 10274?s=21

I looked at the scoreboard. I wonder if either of those kids have ever had to go up against NCAA caliber defenses.
This was an All-Star game for Kansas kids. Both Grill and Braun have played against some really good competition in the state.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

Not to pick on anyone in particular, but it is interesting to see people complain about Bill always working the end of the recruiting cycle and then people complain about early commitments. From what I hear, the kid is good, some even said he is a five star(haven’t seen a source in that). Looks like he went to the same high school as RJ Hampton...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Gradey Dick?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

PortlandHawk wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:15 pm Not to pick on anyone in particular, but it is interesting to see people complain about Bill always working the end of the recruiting cycle and then people complain about early commitments. From what I hear, the kid is good, some even said he is a five star(haven’t seen a source in that). Looks like he went to the same high school as RJ Hampton...
Count me in as one of these.

I'd much prefer to get recruits locked up earlier than we do. That being said, we just seem to have a better track record at getting productive guys late. So, while it's definitely frustrating as a fan, there's no arguing that we seem to have better luck with the late recruits than the earlier ones. Though, I think it's important to note, that no one complains when we get recruits in between.

I'll take whoever we get whenever we get them, but if any HS kids wanted my opinion, they'd all commit in the fall of their Sr. year. Not too long to forget about them, not late enough to make me worry.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

You commit early to a place like KU, maybe you take the gas off a little bit. Or get exposed. Or just peak.

Tangentially, fwiw, If it's me or someone I'm somehow invested in, I'd wait until the last and safest possible moment. Sure seems the best way to get hype.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:00 pm You commit early to a place like KU, maybe you take the gas off a little bit. Or get exposed. Or just peak.

Tangentially, fwiw, If it's me or someone I'm somehow invested in, I'd wait until the last and safest possible moment. Sure seems the best way to get hype.
Unless, to your point, you know that person started puberty earlier and is done growing or something, then you get them the best scholarship as soon as you can.

And for sure recruit rankings are volatile, and this kid could go way up or way down. Markese Jacobs was top 50 at one point and as low as 154. I mean, they're kind of a crap shoot anyway, but a lot can change between So and Sr year...if you drink your milk.

Deleted User 266

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:23 am
Paul1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:40 am

This was an All-Star game for Kansas kids. Both Grill and Braun have played against some really good competition in the state.
Thanks Newton! Makes a lot more sense now. Stupid me should have realized they are not playing a HS State Final/s game in June.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

So who is the best early commit we've had?

Didn't Cole commit during his sophomore year?

JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

Did anyone else catch this recruiting news? Wonder why this guy got a job.....

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... 2-prospect
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ronnie Chalmers?
Ed Manning?

- yt, gutter
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

Wasn't saying we haven't done it - wasn't even saying it's dirty.... just fairly transparent especially in this case.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I like any kid who spent time in Larry Brown’s presence as a potential coach.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

It almost guarantee Cunningham to Cowboys unless OSU Head Coach is fired.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Zach Harvey ends up at Cincinnati. Tough story.

https://twitter.com/zachxharvey/status/ ... 0736106496
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

The one that I don't want to get away is N'Faly Dante. He is still in the 2020 class starting his Senior Year at Sunrise in Wichita. But he is visiting Kentucky this weekend and Cal wants him to reclassify to 2019 and start UK in the fall.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:16 am The one that I don't want to get away is N'Faly Dante. He is still in the 2020 class starting his Senior Year at Sunrise in Wichita. But he is visiting Kentucky this weekend and Cal wants him to reclassify to 2019 and start UK in the fall.
From everything I have heard he will not end up at KU. Sunrise hates KU.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

My KY friends already think they have him. But they're KY fans, so...
Defense. Rebounds.