Hudy gone...

Kansas Basketball.
ChalkRocker

Re: Hudy gone...

Post by ChalkRocker »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:48 am
Well we may never know but the athletic department medical hierarchy change just happened and the medical staff seemed none too happy about it. Our 13 year director of sports medicine also just left.

The change, without a doubt, took autonomy away from people like Hudy, but the timing could also just be a coincidence.
LJW:

"Former longtime KU football trainer, Murphy Grant, another accomplished professional in the industry, recently left KU for a similar job at Wake Forest."

Personally, I doubt it's a coincidence. It's a big restructure, with important changes involving supervision and authority. Maybe that's best, maybe not. I'm not smart enough and don't have enough info to know. Very sad to see them go, though. UT will start to display the effects soon, I'll wager.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I do think Bill could have pulled some strings to appease her if she was upset.

We’ll be fine.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah, I think so too. She's one of the best, but I bet they can get another outstanding person to come lead the strength program and be just as cutting edge as Hudy was.

She became a big name partly because she was a female kicking ass while dealing predominately with males ages 17-23.

KU will be fine.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Tyrell Reed might be a fit.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Geezer wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:27 am Tyrell Reed might be a fit.
Definitely could be. Respected in the program. Doctor of Physical Therapy. Blurb from LMH website, where he is currently affiliated.

Reed is a 2011 graduate of the University of Kansas, where he received his Bachelor of Science in Education and was a member of the University of Kansas men’s basketball team from 2007-2011 which included the 2008 National Championship team. He is a 2015 graduate of The University of Kansas Medical School where he received his Doctorate in Physical Therapy. Reed has experience in both inpatient and outpatient settings and has a special interest in sports performance and injury prevention in young athletes.

That part alone might be a good thing. Not much experience with collegiate athletics in terms of creating plans for 15 members of a team, but is smart enough to be really good at it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sounds a little like the "maybe Turg should be the next guy" line of thinking.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If we could not only replace but upgrade Hall of Famer Roy Willams then everyone is replaceable.

There will be a long line of skilled candidates eager to fill this vacancy.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:15 pm
Sounds a little like the "maybe Turg should be the next guy" line of thinking.
This. I think KU can probably find someone who is actually currently training elite D1 collegiate athletes.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Going to UT, though, feels a little bit like a gut shot.

Perhaps even a middle finger?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Eh. Maybe you know something I don't, but I don't think there necessarily has to be something personal about it. Austin's a great place to be, the facilities are terrific (as is the budget), and she stays in an area with which she's familiar.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Well again, I have no idea if the timing of Kansas Team Health and our top 2 sports training people leaving are related at all, but I hate that the move is intraconference.

UT is a huge athletic department, but it would feel like less of a gut shot if it was Michigan or USC. It would also make more sense if she was overseeing a bunch of athletics, but it's only basketball, which has a much worse program and a coach that is on the hot seat.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Maybe she saw Jarrett Allen and Jaxson (shoot me in the fucking eye) Hayes and said, "this calls for some...no, all...of my abilities."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Maybe she's a mole: put all of UT's guys on the Quentin Grimes diet, please.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

punkrockhawk wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:08 am This is a huge loss for us.
Yes. This sucks big time.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

That sounds like faint praise.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

I'm guessing a major pay raise. Can't blame her. She must have been a great motivator. No reason that they can't find a replacement that is as talented. After all, Lou made this hire.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

This image makes me want to puke.