Kansas Basketball.
NDballer13

Re: Recruiting 2019

Post by NDballer13 »

Nice bump.
Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

We have made Top 5 finalist on Daishen Nix -PG 2020. He ranked #2 PG in the class. Kansas, Kensucky, UCLA, Alabama, and Maryland...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kensucky, SUCLA, Alabummers and Derps. Oh my!
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

UCLA it is.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

Seems a bit odd that he committed without taking any of his other official visits. Oh well...
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

He took an official visit to Maryland.
From what I have read, I think Cronin convinced Nix UCLA is the best place for him to come being that Cronin can adjust his system to Nix and can all but assure Nix he starts from day 1.
I don't think it hurt that he's a Nevada kid who may have been hesitant to experience a crappy weather winter.

As someone who attends UCLA games every year and who has been to Allen, Rupp, and the Xfinity Center, I happen to feel Pauley is least impressive venue (of the 4) in terms of fan support.
I wonder if Nix gives a damn about that.
I only mention it because we as KU fans feel Allen is the best place in the country to play college basketball and figure it's a major selling point. I don't know any kids who have said they were not impressed. I know I have walked away from Pauley multiple times feeling shorted - in the impressed mode.
noosh

Post by noosh »

Paul1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:31 pm He took an official visit to Maryland.
From what I have read, I think Cronin convinced Nix UCLA is the best place for him to come being that Cronin can adjust his system to Nix and can all but assure Nix he starts from day 1.
I don't think it hurt that he's a Nevada kid who may have been hesitant to experience a crappy weather winter.

As someone who attends UCLA games every year and who has been to Allen, Rupp, and the Xfinity Center, I happen to feel Pauley is least impressive venue (of the 4) in terms of fan support.
I wonder if Nix gives a damn about that.
I only mention it because we as KU fans feel Allen is the best place in the country to play college basketball and figure it's a major selling point. I don't know any kids who have said they were not impressed. I know I have walked away from Pauley multiple times feeling shorted - in the impressed mode.
Awwwww, are you one of these fans that thinks these kids are going for the crowd and tradition and not the pay, prospects, and pussy?
Deleted User 266

No.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:03 pm this commitment has absolutely nothing to do with mcbride. for those saying its a bad sign for mcbride. its not. we had an open scholly. self found a prospect he likes. we added depth. both are multi year college players. they can compete against eachother in practice. one could redshirt maybe? hopefully. and both could play together the rest of their careers. dotson is gonna play 35 minutes a game so neither should be "needed" for this season. but both can learn develop and next year and the following years we should have damn good college players
Whoops.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

Just saw this article and hadn't seen anyone post anything about it yet:

https://kansas.rivals.com/news/four-sta ... -to-kansas

Now on KU Sports as well:

http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/tale-t ... uco-stand/
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm whelmed...but not overly
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We’re in for some lean recruiting years.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

He's listed as a 4 * player. Maybe our next Mario Little?
Deleted User 266

Do we call him Woody or clip on?

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Bill and crew are going to have plenty of opportunities to coach up underrated kids in the next few years.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I would be more concerned had the youngster not committed to us.

Welcome aboard.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 266

InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:28 pm Bill and crew are going to have plenty of opportunities to coach up underrated kids in the next few years.
From your lips to God's ears. I'm not so confident Bill and crew are going to be around for a few years - and beyond.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I think it’s 50/50 that HCBS and KU mutually agree to part ways when the official ruling by the ncaa comes out late spring early summer.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 286

Post by Deleted User 286 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:13 am I think it’s 50/50 that HCBS and KU mutually agree to part ways when the official ruling by the ncaa comes out late spring early summer.
Same. It will never be presented as that though. He will just retire. He's already nearing the end of his career even without the drama (another 5-7 years at best?). I don't think he'll stick out a multi year ban if they go that severe (which they may not).

My view of Self has soured the last few years. Still think he's a great coach and am grateful for what he's done for our basketball program in terms of wins and losses. But the off court stuff and the sloppy recruiting fiasco we are in the midst of have changed my feelings about him a little bit.

Not because we cheated (everyone does it and I don't think it's "wrong" for players to be compensated with more than just scholarship and student housing)... but I wish he'd just own it. The excuses nobody believes just make it look worse. It's obvious what is being discussed in those texts to Gassnolla.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:45 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:13 am I think it’s 50/50 that HCBS and KU mutually agree to part ways when the official ruling by the ncaa comes out late spring early summer.
Same. It will never be presented as that though. He will just retire. He's already nearing the end of his career even without the drama (another 5-7 years at best?). I don't think he'll stick out a multi year ban if they go that severe (which they may not).

My view of Self has soured the last few years. Still think he's a great coach and am grateful for what he's done for our basketball program in terms of wins and losses. But the off court stuff and the sloppy recruiting fiasco we are in the midst of have changed my feelings about him a little bit.

Not because we cheated (everyone does it and I don't think it's "wrong" for players to be compensated with more than just scholarship and student housing)... but I wish he'd just own it. The excuses nobody believes just make it look worse. It's obvious what is being discussed in those texts to Gassnolla.
It could also be the reason Self stays another 12 years.

I'm pretty sure part of why Roi has stuck around was the UNC scandal...same could also be true for Boeheim.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.